Silsbee coaching thread!?

aTmfan06

Here is my take about the removal guys...I realize this is a privately owned site and does not have to allow all points of view or positions, but guys it's just that that brings viewership to the site and in turn drives advertising to support the site...I have a pretty deep background in media and you are walking a tight rope here. When you are employed by a public entity like an ISD and you are a Head Coach...well being thrust into the public eye is just part of the gig. When the cameras show up on Friday night after a big win and you are praised...well that too is part of the gig. I don't think any media source should allow  slanderous things to be published or broadcast about them or those they love. Race is part of life and that discussion will always be around and shuttering it is worse than the discussion. So if the reason for pulling the thread was because of slander by a member than the thread should have been taken down and that individual should have been kicked off the site. But know the definition of slander???Be right in your judgement. Be careful because censorship is dangerous especially if it is selective. Once again this is a privately owned site that is open to the public and it uses public issues to attract members and participants and income. I love this site and I have respect for its owner and administrators but once again I raise caution to the direction and tone you are setting if the reason for dumping the thread was not derived from slanderous behavior. JMO and please I mean absolutely no disrespect.

13 hours ago, IT'S IN THE BONE said:

Here is my take about the removal guys...I realize this is a privately owned site and does not have to allow all points of view or positions, but guys it's just that that brings viewership to the site and in turn drives advertising to support the site...I have a pretty deep background in media and you are walking a tight rope here. When you are employed by a public entity like an ISD and you are a Head Coach...well being thrust into the public eye is just part of the gig. When the cameras show up on Friday night after a big win and you are praised...well that too is part of the gig. I don't think any media source should allow  slanderous things to be published or broadcast about them or those they love. Race is part of life and that discussion will always be around and shuttering it is worse than the discussion. So if the reason for pulling the thread was because of slander by a member than the thread should have been taken down and that individual should have been kicked off the site. But know the definition of slander???Be right in your judgement. Be careful because censorship is dangerous especially if it is selective. Once again this is a privately owned site that is open to the public and it uses public issues to attract members and participants and income. I love this site and I have respect for its owner and administrators but once again I raise caution to the direction and tone you are setting if the reason for dumping the thread was not derived from slanderous behavior. JMO and please I mean absolutely no disrespect.

I agree with you 100% and I think you are spot on in your analysis of the situation. The one thing you do not hit on, and I think the overriding factor in this thread being pulled, is that it was about SILSBEE. If it had been about any other school, especially a BISD school, there is no way it would have been pulled. Silsbee and WOS are treated with kid gloves. I love this site too and hope the admin doesn't block or ban me, but sometimes the public needs to hear thinks that are uncomfortable for some individuals to hear. And peoples opinions are ok, as long as it doesn't cross the line of slander.

31 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I agree with you 100% and I think you are spot on in your analysis of the situation. The one thing you do not hit on, and I think the overriding factor in this thread being pulled, is that it was about SILSBEE. If it had been about any other school, especially a BISD school, there is no way it would have been pulled. Silsbee and WOS are treated with kid gloves. I love this site too and hope the admin doesn't block or ban me, but sometimes the public needs to hear thinks that are uncomfortable for some individuals to hear. And peoples opinions are ok, as long as it doesn't cross the line of slander.

A truer statement has never been made. Race is discussed regarding BISD all of the time, and those threads are never pulled.