Tentative Pre District Matchups

WOSgrad

On 4/2/2016 at 11:23 AM, WOSgrad said:

Any prospects left?

Grad, No. It is most likely now that week 5 will remain unscheduled giving us two open dates. The options have been exhausted. After trying to fill the schedule with teams in the Golden Triange, nearby communities, and Houston, we tried to get games from teams in San Antonio, the Dallas area, west Texas, and even checked with Louisiana schools. There were a few schools who were interested in playing us (Lumberton was one), but they were committed on game days when we were open. Funny thing is...we had a discussion about this topic on another thread back during the football season. I made the point that WO-S has always had trouble scheduling opponents. Some posters here didn't believe me when I spoke that. It's not something to brag about. It's just a fact. Even Richmond-Foster's coach (and they beat us handily) didn't want to play because our brand of football is too physical. I didn't say that. Those were HIS words. Now it has come to this. An unwanted open date and one opponent from far away east Texas. When you consider the sheer number of schools on the map, it's crazy that we can't fill six slots. 

5 hours ago, griff said:

Grad, No. It is most likely now that week 5 will remain unscheduled giving us two open dates. The options have been exhausted. After trying to fill the schedule with teams in the Golden Triange, nearby communities, and Houston, we tried to get games from teams in San Antonio, the Dallas area, west Texas, and even checked with Louisiana schools. There were a few schools who were interested in playing us (Lumberton was one), but they were committed on game days when we were open. Funny thing is...we had a discussion about this topic on another thread back during the football season. I made the point that WO-S has always had trouble scheduling opponents. Some posters here didn't believe me when I spoke that. It's not something to brag about. It's just a fact. Even Richmond-Foster's coach (and they beat us handily) didn't want to play because our brand of football is too physical. I didn't say that. Those were HIS words. Now it has come to this. An unwanted open date and one opponent from far away east Texas. When you consider the sheer number of schools on the map, it's crazy that we can't fill six slots. 

Well that's good. .......Maybe it's Other reasons(Head Coach ) teams don't want to play WOS. ..

54 minutes ago, One4All said:

Well that's good. .......Maybe it's Other reasons(Head Coach ) teams don't want to play WOS. ..

Tell me what's so good about our team not being able to play a complete schedule?? Sounds like u have a problem with our coach also,everything ok bud?

We must forgive those who insist on viewing life through a prism.

I know that as it stands now, I know that WO-S' non-district schedule is:

Week 1 - Nederland

Week 2 - LC-M

Week 3 - Bridge City

Week 4 - Silsbee

Week 5 - OPEN

Week 6 - Kennedale

What does the district portion of the schedule for the Mustangs look like?

14 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

Tell me what's so good about our team not being able to play a complete schedule?? Sounds like u have a problem with our coach also,everything ok bud?

Well, there are two sides to not playing another game in my opinion.  On the negative side, you want the kids to get the reps in and work on whatever needs to be worked on as far as the playbook and techniques, etc.   On the positive side you have another opportunity to rest your players and heal up from injuries for a hopefully long season.  So, maybe its  a wash depending on how you look at it.

59 minutes ago, Javelina said:

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already but what about WOS playing Alvin Shadow Creek?  I saw where they need games for all weeks but 2 and 4 and I can't remember what week WOS needs a game

WO-S already has Week 2 and Week 4 filled.  I had heard that at one time WO-S and Silsbee were both trying to get other Week 4 opponents in order to move their game (scheduled for Week 4) to Week 5, but at least one of them (and perhaps both of them) were unsuccessful.

24 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

WO-S already has Week 2 and Week 4 filled.  I had heard that at one time WO-S and Silsbee were both trying to get other Week 4 opponents in order to move their game (scheduled for Week 4) to Week 5, but at least one of them (and perhaps both of them) were unsuccessful.

From what I understood Shadow Creek needed Week 1,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 filled

8 minutes ago, Mustangs93 said:

Are the even in a district?

No, it is a team of underclassmen that are playing a varsity schedule (or at least trying to) for the next two years before they join a UIL district in 2018.

They are aligned into 23-5A in basketball.

• 2 weeks later...