Tentative Pre District Matchups

WOSgrad

• 2 weeks later...

They've contacted several Louisiana teams. What I'm told is in Louisiana teams are ranked on a point system for the playoffs. They get zero points for out of state games, so most schools have stopped playing out of state teams or they limit the amount they do. I've also been told they were bouncing around the idea of meeting an Oklahoma school at a neutral sight. Still no luck. 

in my short history of following HS football in Texas, this has been the strangest, chaotic, most moving parts I have ever seen take place in a UIL realignment year.........to top if off, the amount of coaches that have moved around this year, as well.......Very hard to keep up with and very unfortunate that a team like WO-S (perennial program) can't fill their schedule because of it.......system needs to be rebooted.

LCM, Silsbee, and Bridge City are all fairly close in distance to WOS. They all also should have a void in their schedule those weeks due to Livingston screwing everything up. Why are none of them agreeing to play? Have they already agreed to play them earlier in the season?

1 minute ago, Kegger said:

LCM, Silsbee, and Bridge City are all fairly close in distance to WOS. They all also should have a void in their schedule those weeks due to Livingston screwing everything up. Why are none of them agreeing to play? Have they already agreed to play them earlier in the season?

Silsbee plays WO-S in week 4.

4 minutes ago, Kegger said:

WOS plays all 3

5 minutes ago, Kegger said:

WOS plays all 3

6 minutes ago, Kegger said:

Then the other teams from their district are a little further away but they could be good options. Huffman, Navasota, and Cleveland. I would like to see Navasota and WOS. I was told Cleveland already has filled the open spot.

Navasota and Huffman have filled their schedule.

Catch up. ;)

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, BC is back said:

Seriously? I don't see LCM having a chance

Looks like Bridge City will be facing up against 3a state champ - Brock this upcoming football season.

I will try and make this game.

MIDLAND CHRISTIAN NEEDS A WEEK 6 VARSITY FOOTBALL GAME SEPTEMBER 30TH.CONTACT GREG MCCLENDON 

This was posted late last week. They won the private school state Championship back to back 2 seasons ago. Its far but maybe WOS's only option if they are willing.

6 hours ago, Kegger said:

MIDLAND CHRISTIAN NEEDS A WEEK 6 VARSITY FOOTBALL GAME SEPTEMBER 30TH.CONTACT GREG MCCLENDON 

This was posted late last week. They won the private school state Championship back to back 2 seasons ago. Its far but maybe WOS's only option if they are willing.

Week 6, WO-S will be playing Kennedale.

On 3/3/2016 at 11:51 AM, ShlyKBMT said:

Yes. WOS staff very frustrated. Some of the teams they've contacted would rather keep a 9 game scheduled than play WOS.

This is just flat out ridiculous. Man up and play the game. If Houston Scarborough can line up and play this guys to their hardest, then so can anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

This is just flat out ridiculous. Man up and play the game. If Houston Scarborough can line up and play this guys to their hardest, then so can anyone else. 

The saddest part is all the heavy hitters said NO, a resounding no. 'Sota, Carthage, Ennis, Celina(I guess I can see why) and I think even Gilmer. When a 4A D2 team is having to try and play a 6A school from San Antonio?? Yeah, we have a problem.

I had a talk with CT and nobody wants to play WOS. I said coach if we had 1 returning starter like last year, teams WOULD BE LINED UP LONGER THEN I10. He said your absolutely correct Kent. He also said coaches are worried about Wins and Loses. An the only thing he's worried about is getting the kids ready for the long haul, Not wins and loses. Things are starting to get very fustrating and i feel as if the kids or getting cheated out of a game. If nobody wants to play hoping come next December the 2 Peat will not be fustrating. #QuestForThe2Peat #PYP #ChainGang #OneTeamOneDream #WarReady

1 hour ago, kicker said:

The saddest part is all the heavy hitters said NO, a resounding no. 'Sota, Carthage, Ennis, Celina(I guess I can see why) and I think even Gilmer. When a 4A D2 team is having to try and play a 6A school from San Antonio?? Yeah, we have a problem.

Carthage said no, after the schedule had already been filled.