Former Yates star shot and killed

is this public?

If that's true, there is a HUGE difference between walking in on a burglar and walking in on a guy having relations with your sister. I mean really? We were all young men ourselves and we KNOW how it was / is. IF the girl invited him into the house, he was in the right by being there. If the brother shot the guy, he should go to jail. Last I checked, its not illegal to have sex with a guys sister.

If that's true, there is a HUGE difference between walking in on a burglar and walking in on a guy having relations with your sister. I mean really? We were all young men ourselves and we KNOW how it was / is. IF the girl invited him into the house, he was in the right by being there. If the brother shot the guy, he should go to jail. Last I checked, its not illegal to have sex with a guys sister.

All the reports I've seen to this point have all said that when the family returned home a young girl walked into her room an there was man with a knife in her room.  Then there was a confrontation and the man was shot in the leg.

Also seeing this that Swift was no longer part of the TVCC basketball program when this happened.

This is the hidden content, please

How DARE you people on here suggest that this kid was anything but a victim of a senseless act of violence! The TRUE FACTS are that he was in the home of a young lady that he was involved with and her brother came home, an argument followed and Swift was shot and killed. He then told his sister to act like he broke in the house in order to cover up what he had done. HE WAS MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD, HE WAS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY BURGLARY! You people in SE Texas sometimes disgust me with your judgmental ways...FYI, the Trinity Valley coach had JUST RE-INSTATED him to the team over the weekend.  If you do not KNOW THE FACTS stay off of the public forum with your racist thoughts and ASS-umptions... The media will report anything negative, but will NEVER retract it when they have done so pre-maturely...you people make me so sick at times...SMH

Edited by Dick Vitale

Have yet to see race brought into this until that post...also if you are spewing "facts" then that leads me to believe you were there when it happened and you should probably be working with the police to bring a murderer to justice...not informing a message board what the truth is...otherwise it is just as much hearsay as the media reports.

How DARE you people on here suggest that this kid was anything but a victim of a senseless act of violence! The TRUE FACTS are that he was in the home of a young lady that he was involved with and her brother came home, an argument followed and Swift was shot and killed. He then told his sister to act like he broke in the house in order to cover up what he had done. HE WAS MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD, HE WAS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY BURGLARY! You people in SE Texas sometimes disgust me with your judgmental ways...FYI, the Trinity Valley coach had JUST RE-INSTATED him to the team over the weekend.  If you do not KNOW THE FACTS stay off of the public forum with your racist thoughts and ASS-umptions... The media will report anything negative, but will NEVER retract it when they have done so pre-maturely...you people make me so sick at times...SMH

Uh, I have not seen any racists post on this subject. So do not make this into a racial issue.

Folks were going off of the link that was posted by the local news about the incident. It was reported as a burglary. How would anyone know otherwise unless they were there?

Walter, it's funny that you are sick of Southeast Texans yet you live here and own a business here and make money off Southeast Texans. That makes zero sense.

C'mon man!!