Yale fail: Ivy leaguers sign 'petition' to repeal First Amendment

LumRaiderFan

Not much surprises me anymore when it comes to knowledge. The outright stupidity of people graduating or who should have graduated from high school is stunning. I work with people that are in the 21-30 year old range and sometimes talk about something (as an example) like maybe "The First Gulf War" with Iraq after they invaded Kuwait. Some have no clue what I am talking about. This was something that likely happened in their lifetime, possibly that a parent was involved in..... and they have never heard of it. I have spoken about current events in our daily meeting and again, no clue. Forget it if you talk about something like Viet Nam, Korea, the Civil War, the JFK or RFK assassinations, Neil Armstrong on the Moon, etc. 

Not much surprises me anymore when it comes to knowledge. The outright stupidity of people graduating or who should have graduated from high school is stunning. I work with people that are in the 21-30 year old range and sometimes talk about something (as an example) like maybe "The First Gulf War" with Iraq after they invaded Kuwait. Some have no clue what I am talking about. This was something that likely happened in their lifetime, possibly that a parent was involved in..... and they have never heard of it. I have spoken about current events in our daily meeting and again, no clue. Forget it if you talk about something like Viet Nam, Korea, the Civil War, the JFK or RFK assassinations, Neil Armstrong on the Moon, etc. 

The first "Dumb and Dumber" mentality fits. Jim Carrey exclaiming, l.p. We landed on the moon!"

I know a woman who thinks St. Valentine's Day is named after the massacre.

This is the hidden content, please

That happened at Thanksgiving with the talking point being gun control......On Black Friday, Americans bought enough guns to arm the entire marine corps and 4 army divisions.......those liberal talks at home don't turn out too well for them.....I hope they keep it up.......lol

I can even remember when young folks smart enough to go to an Ivy League school were smart enough to think for themselves.  And those same Ivy League schools encouraged free thinking.  Appears now the goal is indoctrination.  Now I'm no Ivy Leaguer (unless they've included Vidor High School without my knowledge), but this incident reminds me of what was done to the Hitler Youth.  Eventually those young folks turned in their parents if they didn't toe the Nazi Party line.  At this point, I don't doubt that's coming for our young Ivy Leaguers.

Edited by REBgp
Almost failed English

I can even remember when young folks smart enough to go to an Ivy League school were smart enough to think for themselves.  And those same Ivy League schools encouraged free thinking.  Appears now the goal is indoctrination.  Now I'm no Ivy Leaguer (unless they've included Vidor High School without my knowledge), but this incident reminds me of what was done to the Hitler Youth.  Eventually those young folks turned in their parents if they didn't toe the Nazi Party line.  At this point, I don't doubt that's coming for our young Ivy Leaguers.

Well of course.....

the liberal party exist only by that means

I can even remember when young folks smart enough to go to an Ivy League school were smart enough to think for themselves.  And those same Ivy League schools encouraged free thinking.  Appears now the goal is indoctrination. 

The goal THEN was indoctrination....however, your first sentence there is why it wasn't very successful back in the day.......

I remember my dad complaining about Fed aid to education.  In my youthful ignorance I couldn't understand why.  He said they'd control all you do and teach.  

Well, they are!  All red States start indoctrination (teaching) immediately. Thus far, the blue states have retained some responsibility to "teach", but eventually, less some catastrophic event, that'll change. Then the American Youth Indoctrination will be complete.

Once again, please tell me where or why I'm wrong?   Don't care if you're conservative or liberal.  Just please point out why I'm wrong, cause I don't like it one damx bit!  I want to be wrong.

Edited by REBgp