**Silsbee Tigers vs El Campo Ricebirds** Regionals

I've seen them play and they are offensively sound.  Dove is a beast and breaks tackles for fun.  He has well over 1000 yards this season.  El Campo's smaller back also has over 1000 rushing yards for the season.  He basically averages a first down a carry.  They are the thunder and lightening.  The quarterback can run or throw.  

You scored 35 on Sealy.  Now,  you're going to score how many on El Campo? Seriously? 

This is only an indirect comparison but it might have some relevancy for the strength of Silsbee's offense.  Jasper played both Navasota and Silsbee.  Jasper somehow induced Navasota to punt on its very first possession.  Silsbee's first punt against Jasper came late in the third quarter.  It would not surprise me to see Silsbee run wild on anybody's defense.  Now Silsbee's defense, Mr. Dove will get some yards.

This is only an indirect comparison but it might have some relevancy for the strength of Silsbee's offense.  Jasper played both Navasota and Silsbee.  Jasper somehow induced Navasota to punt on its very first possession.  Silsbee's first punt against Jasper came late in the third quarter.  It would not surprise me to see Silsbee run wild on anybody's defense.  Now Silsbee's defense, Mr. Dove will get some yards.

Ill take Silsbee in a shootout all day.  Silsbee is opportunistic on Defense and they will create a few turnovers. 

How many turnovers will El Campo create? Key to this game, cheesy I know but Silsbee has to many weapons to cover.

Silsbee 49 - El Campo 28

Ill take Silsbee in a shootout all day.  Silsbee is opportunistic on Defense and they will create a few turnovers. 

How many turnovers will El Campo create? Key to this game, cheesy I know but Silsbee has to many weapons to cover.

Silsbee 49 - El Campo 28

El Campo has rarely had any turnovers this year.  I've seen film on Silsbee and I have yet to see their weapons.  I think El Campo is the team with the weapons.  Key in on Dove, and then they run Harris....Try to stop him and then Arrambide will throw to Arrambide......They have other receivers with golden gloves.  Although the defense can some issues, don't underestimate them.

El Campo has rarely had any turnovers this year.  I've seen film on Silsbee and I have yet to see their weapons.  I think El Campo is the team with the weapons.  Key in on Dove, and then they run Harris....Try to stop him and then Arrambide will throw to Arrambide......They have other receivers with golden gloves.  Although the defense can some issues, don't underestimate them.

You have seen Silsbee and not seen Silsbee's weapons : a receiver with over 1000 yds another with around 800,  two with enough speed to get behind almost anyone,  one of those receivers a big very sure handed one,  then you have a quarterback with I am not sure how many yards rushing but I believe I saw over 1500 and a running back with over 1000.  So As far as weapons on offense well I might have to say it's at least equal.  Defense wise well if EC has problems there this game could break the score board.

Got this information from chron.com. 

Fri 8/28
7:30 pm
This is the hidden content, please
34El Campo33 

Thu 9/03
7:00 pm
El Campo28

(Hall Stadium)

Fri 9/11
El Campo38

(Tomball ISD Stadium)

Fri 9/18
El Campo28

Fri 9/25
El Campo17

Fri 10/09
El Campo56
26X

Fri 10/16
14El Campo8X

Fri 10/23
El Campo41
14X

Fri 10/30
El Campo56

(Hopper Stadium)
28X

Fri 11/06
8El Campo49X

Thu 11/12
El Campo
Class 4A Div. I

(Butler Stadium)

Fri 11/20

Class 4A Div. I
23El Campo
(Texan Drive Stadium)

Here is a statistical comparison between these two teams and it's top players:

Offense

Silsbee                                             El Campo

rushing                       3250 yards - 270.8 per gm                  4327 yards - 360.6 per gm

passing                      2674 yards - 222.8 per gm                    506 yards -   42.2 per gm

total                           5924 yards - 493.7 per gm                  4833 yards - 402.8 per gm

points                         586 -   48.8 per gm                                 448 -    37.3 per gm

Defense

rushing                     2397 yards - 199.8 per gm                    2165 yards - 180.4 per gm

passing                    1824 yards - 152 per gm                       1661 yards - 138.4 per gm

total                         4221 yards - 351.8 per gm                     3826 yards - 318.8 per gm

points                         366 -    30.5 per gm                                 235 -      19.6 per gm

Quarterback

Dontre Thomas                                   Ernest Arrambide

rushing                     198/1561 yards    28 TD                        88/531 yards      8 TD

passing                    153-255, 60%, 2674 yds 33-9                21-53, 40%, 507 yds  9-3

total                            4235 yards     61 TD's                           1038 yards     17 TD's

Runningback

Adonis Thomas                                     Kevin Dove                                          

rushing                      168/ 1221 yards        17 TD's                203/ 1747 yards      26 TD's

Alontae Harris

110/1240 yards       11 TD's

Receiver    

Kolten Mackey                                          Wesley Arrambide

61 rec., 1100 yards     10 TD's                     13 rec., 331 yards     6 TD's

Kalon Barnes

43 rec., 811 yards       14 TD's

Tre Lowe

23 rec., 340 yards        3 TD's

AAW how do you see the game playing out tomorrow? EL Campo stats look similar to Sealys on offense? 

All about Silsbee being able to slow down the run game of El Campo enough to give the Tigers the opportunity to win the game with their offense. Silsbee is much more balanced on offense than EC and that could be their advantage. But defense has to play much better against the run in order for Silsbee to win.

The best way to beat Silsbee is to keep their offense on the sideline. That is what EC will try to do. El Campo has not seen a balanced offense like Silsbee and it will be tough for them to defend. Silsbee will score when they are on the field, just how much they are on the field will be the key.

I see this really as a 50-50 game. Pretty even.

If you look at stats, the scoring margin is about the same. Silsbee is winning by 18.3 points per game, EC by 17.7 points a game. Tiger offense is out gaining it's opponents by 142 yards per game, Ricebirds by 84 yards per game.

Pigskin Prep has El Campo favored by 4. I see Silsbee winning by 3.

Here is a statistical comparison between these two teams and it's top players:

Offense

Silsbee                                             El Campo

rushing                       3250 yards - 270.8 per gm                  4327 yards - 360.6 per gm

passing                      2674 yards - 222.8 per gm                    506 yards -   42.2 per gm

total                           5924 yards - 493.7 per gm                  4833 yards - 402.8 per gm

points                         586 -   48.8 per gm                                 448 -    37.3 per gm

Defense

rushing                     2397 yards - 199.8 per gm                    2165 yards - 180.4 per gm

passing                    1824 yards - 152 per gm                       1661 yards - 138.4 per gm

total                         4221 yards - 351.8 per gm                     3826 yards - 318.8 per gm

points                         366 -    30.5 per gm                                 235 -      19.6 per gm

Quarterback

Dontre Thomas                                   Ernest Arrambide

rushing                     198/1561 yards    28 TD                        88/531 yards      8 TD

passing                    153-255, 60%, 2674 yds 33-9                21-53, 40%, 507 yds  9-3

total                            4235 yards     61 TD's                           1038 yards     17 TD's

Runningback

Adonis Thomas                                     Kevin Dove                                          

rushing                      168/ 1221 yards        17 TD's                203/ 1747 yards      26 TD's

Alontae Harris

110/1240 yards       11 TD's

Receiver    

Kolten Mackey                                          Wesley Arrambide

61 rec., 1100 yards     10 TD's                     13 rec., 331 yards     6 TD's

Kalon Barnes

43 rec., 811 yards       14 TD's

Tre Lowe

23 rec., 340 yards        3 TD's

well since you put it that way..... ouch.