Realignment Conference Cutoff Numbers Released Friday!

Lee and Galena Park might end up elswhere. D23 5A has FB Bush and FB Ridge Point moving up, and Texas City is unknown whether it takes in La Marque or they stay separate in same school district. If they absorb La Marque into Texas City HS, then they will go 6A.  I could see Baytown Lee and Galena Park getting screwed and going there. Also D24 is losing George Ranch and makes that a 5 team district. Shuffling may affect other districts.

Edited by TradenupBH

VERY true...  And I'm here to tell you...  Not much talent coming up in Splendora's pipeline... 

Not at all. Until athletes start moving back toward New Caney, from Cleveland, or up North from New Caney, Kingwood area soon as the road construction begins to level out and housing developments continue to sprout all down Hwy 59. That's been Splendora's issue for years, but I believe will soon change due to influx of people moving into that region. It won't be long, as demographics show this area to be the fastest growing area in the continental United States, in the next 10-15 years.

If Ozen drops (as they would be smart to do) and Lee moves to 21-5a I see 22-5a looking like this: 

PA Memorial 

Nederland 

PNG

Central 

Lumberton 

Vidor

Dayton

BH

So that would make 21-5a.

Dayton

Lee,

Crosby,

C.E. King,

New Caney,

Porter,

Humble,

Kingwood Park

and then they make 22-5a the 7 team district. Who else is droping in the houston area from 6 to 5a on our side of town? 

Maybe this has been answered. But why do you only have a 500 student difference from the lowest school in 4a to the biggest, and have div. 1 and a div.2? But in 5a you will have a 1,000 student difference and not split up like 4a? A 5a school who has a enrollment of 1400-1500 coyld possibly compete against a school with 2100?

Totally agree and we have been discussing it. Hard to compete with schools that have 600 - 1000 more kids than you. Div.1 and Div. 2 need to become a reality in 5A.

Grapeland will be D2, so it makes more sense to put them in here and send Iola back West or South.......

Colmesneil

Sabine Pass

Burkeville

Evadale

Grapeland

Hull-Daisetta

I think Grapeland stays up with the northern 2A DII schools (Teneha, Mount Enterprise etc.). Iola makes more sense to me in this district and then Grapeland take Timpson's spot in the other one. (Timpson turned in 158 and will be the smallest school in 2A DI). Either way, Iola or Grapeland are long drives for Sabine Pass. Iola is 198 miles and Grapeland 179. HD to Iola is 121 and HD to Grapeland is 132. Then again if Maud stays in the northern district, it'd be a 164 miles from Grapeland. I guess any way you go there will be 2 or 3 schools that will be 2.5-3 hour drives for district games.

Lee and Galena Park might end up elswhere. D23 5A has FB Bush and FB Ridge Point moving up, and Texas City is unknown whether it takes in La Marque or they stay separate in same school district. If they absorb La Marque into Texas City HS, then they will go 6A.  I could see Baytown Lee and Galena Park getting screwed and going there. Also D24 is losing George Ranch and makes that a 5 team district. Shuffling may affect other districts.

Where would the UIL put the 2 new schools coming in Humble ISD/New Caney ISD(21-5a most likely) so I see a possible shift of at least 1 to 22-5a.Gal Park real close to 6a numbers,prolly next realignment