22-5a just as good as 21-5a afterall

prepballfan

Look I have a somewhat appreciation for your stat thing but you always only point out the stats that suit yourself. Thats why folks are riding you. There were alot of stats this weekend that shows thing you do not like. Noone has even brought them up. Really dont care. Us winning has nothing to do with credibility no more than it does discrediting your district, Every bit of credibility our district gain yours lost or is the the other way around see i guess its all silly. Now to the serious stuff Good luck hope you finish this season strong.

Something like what that I don't like to be brought up? My analysis of s game is a little more than, "They're a good team with great fans, should be a great game." Why would I worry about someone "riding" me who probably has the same understanding of the game I did in peewee? 

As far as the credibility thing 22-5A needed those two win in the worst way, especially Nederland and PNG. That would have been the second year in a row Ned has lost to the 4th place team. That 1 point win saved the "tradition-rich" from not having a first round victory in how long? Seriously, another sweep and all the "improvement" talk during the year is white noise. 

If that was the same New Caney team we saw in district, then PNG is the same team that lost to WOS by 14 right? I said I worried about them having to play a long way from home in a place they've never been before. I also said while they have a good offense that them giving up 40+ twice to end the season could be an issue. 

This is PNG's best team in how long dude? Seriously, you just beat our third place team by a point. Good luck though, if your defense allows you to get past Angleton then College Station will be waiting to drop 70 on you. 

.........and your second place team beat our third place team by 1 point. Not sure I follow the logic of when to crow and when not to.

central should have took advantage of the opportunity to beat King without Williams playing. Different game with him in there. 

Something like what that I don't like to be brought up? My analysis of s game is a little more than, "They're a good team with great fans, should be a great game." Why would I worry about someone "riding" me who probably has the same understanding of the game I did in peewee? 

As far as the credibility thing 22-5A needed those two win in the worst way, especially Nederland and PNG. That would have been the second year in a row Ned has lost to the 4th place team. That 1 point win saved the "tradition-rich" from not having a first round victory in how long? Seriously, another sweep and all the "improvement" talk during the year is white noise. 

If that was the same New Caney team we saw in district, then PNG is the same team that lost to WOS by 14 right? I said I worried about them having to play a long way from home in a place they've never been before. I also said while they have a good offense that them giving up 40+ twice to end the season could be an issue. 

This is PNG's best team in how long dude? Seriously, you just beat our third place team by a point. Good luck though, if your defense allows you to get past Angleton then College Station will be waiting to drop 70 

i I have a feeling we won't be hearing from 14.2 after rd 2

.........and your second place team beat our third place team by 1 point. Not sure I follow the logic of when to crow and when not to.

You can't reason with some of these Crosby folks. They've finally had a good team for a couple of years and now they have something to talk about. The new Summer Creek of that district, heck kind of makes you wander how many of the SC kids took off over to Crosby when SC went 6A. But hey, y'all made it to the semi finals last year and have made it past round one so far this year. Good luck to Crosby, King, PNG, Nederland and all the other local SETX schools still in it. 

You can't reason with some of these Crosby folks. They've finally had a good team for a couple of years and now they have something to talk about. The new Summer Creek of that district, heck kind of makes you wander how many of the SC kids took off over to Crosby when SC went 6A. But hey, y'all made it to the semi finals last year and have made it past round one so far this year. Good luck to Crosby, King, PNG, Nederland and all the other local SETX schools still in it. 

Try to be reasonable.  Nederland and PNG are good teams.  Central average.  Lumberton was not good.  Crosby is very good.  King, Dayton and New Caney are good.  Everybody, including Crosby could get beat this week.  But I do believe that Crosby is the only team with a legitimate shot at winning it all.

I believe the top two teams in 22-5A could compete for a playoff spot in 21-5A this year.  I believe the top 7 teams in 21-5A would have competed for a playoff spot in 22-5A.

I agree with you 100% on both of your post. That's what I like, giving respect where it's do. I'm in the "Golden Triangle" area now with 22-5A for the past 18 years. Originally from Liberty  County so I can look at it a little more reasonably. Top to bottom 21-5A has been deeper than  22-5A the last several years. The player pool is just not as deep over here. But then you can also see the difference once all of SETX, including the 22-5A district, make it to the secon rounds on. The Centex, And DFW areas are historically a step ahead. That's just my take on it, which usually doesn't mean nothing according to my wife. Lol

Any way you have to digest it to make yourself be "better". All we heard was how NC was the best 4th place team in the state because they took Crosby to OT and played Dayton down to the wire. You know what? You can throw all that crap out the window because my Dogs handed it to them. It is why the games are played. I don't look to other districts for credibility, especially when their predictions aren't.

Go Dogs.....great win against a state ranked 4th place team.

I'd love for the specific quote on this from a Crosby fan. Nederland beat New Caney and showed they are better than New Caney. I didn't think New Caney would win and you can go to the prediction thread and see. Teams play well some nights and lose and sometimes play poorly and win a la Crosby vs. New Caney. Nederland took care of business against our 4th best team in your backyard - that's what you should have done. You guys aren't world beaters though and you need to play perfect from here on out. Where we got through our trap game, you clearly did not as GCM beat you (again) and they were pretty lousy this year. I absolutely hope you guys take it George Ranch and that should be your focus now. 

I feel like I'm losing brain cells reading all this back and forth NONSENSE. Hey look we have two teams going to the second round, and they have two teams. Now maybe, just maybe we can get all on the same page and root for SETX in general. I say lets go Crosby, King, Nederland and PNG. Lets get behind these programs for the rest of their playoff adventure and hope for the best. REPRESENT

I feel like I'm losing brain cells reading all this back and forth NONSENSE. Hey look we have two teams going to the second round, and they have two teams. Now maybe, just maybe we can get all on the same page and root for SETX in general. I say lets go Crosby, King, Nederland and PNG. Lets get behind these programs for the rest of their playoff adventure and hope for the best. REPRESENT

I absolutely agree. I would love to see PNG and Nederland keep winning. The further our teams go, the better it is for SE Texas. 

This is PNG's best team in how long dude? Seriously, you just beat our third place team by a point. Good luck though, if your defense allows you to get past Angleton then College Station will be waiting to drop 70 on you. 

Once again sour grapes you cannot stand the fact that we went 2-2 with you all. Get over it. They were the same team PNG WOS was 8 or 9 weeks ago you just played NC. Now here are some stats for you to chew on. Crosbt vs New Caney 42-35 in OVERTIME  Nederland vs NC 42-28. Now that tells me that nederland  handled them alot better than you. Thats wha tis bothering you so much. I understand this is why you now claim they arent the same team only problem is you played them 1 monthg ago and Dayton played them 2 weeks ago so they just fizzled out as a team in the last two weeks. back when you were saying our best team wouldnt even make the playoffs in your district. Dayton held you to 30 points and we scored 42 on them. You are eat up with this. I say it again 22-5a is just as good as 21-5a period results are in the pudding. You may have a single better team in Crosby and as a man I can freely admit that. I am having a blast we love who we are and no matter how much trash you talk it will never matter to us. We love being PNG..... This is on you you trash talked our district all year long nonstop and now you were flat wrong. Own it. Or dont who cares.

Try to be reasonable.  Nederland and PNG are good teams.  Central average.  Lumberton was not good.  Crosby is very good.  King, Dayton and New Caney are good.  Everybody, including Crosby could get beat this week.  But I do believe that Crosby is the only team with a legitimate shot at winning it all.

They are the best shot at winning it all

Once again sour grapes you cannot stand the fact that we went 2-2 with you all. Get over it. They were the same team PNG WOS was 8 or 9 weeks ago you just played NC. Now here are some stats for you to chew on. Crosbt vs New Caney 42-35 in OVERTIME  Nederland vs NC 42-28. Now that tells me that nederland  handled them alot better than you. Thats wha tis bothering you so much. I understand this is why you now claim they arent the same team only problem is you played them 1 monthg ago and Dayton played them 2 weeks ago so they just fizzled out as a team in the last two weeks. back when you were saying our best team wouldnt even make the playoffs in your district. Dayton held you to 30 points and we scored 42 on them. You are eat up with this. I say it again 22-5a is just as good as 21-5a period results are in the pudding. You may have a single better team in Crosby and as a man I can freely admit that. I am having a blast we love who we are and no matter how much trash you talk it will never matter to us. We love being PNG..... This is on you you trash talked our district all year long nonstop and now you were flat wrong. Own it. Or dont who cares.

all about matchups. 

In all of this, I never saw the head to head score between Crosby and Nederland. Funny. Look, teams lay goose eggs sometimes and play like crap. We struggled against New Caney and found a way to win, Nederland struggled against Vidor and found a way to win, then struggled against GCM and lost. Congrats that you are moving on, you won when you needed to. I hope you win next week. I absolutely didn't pick New Caney to beat Nederland. 

Edited by Northern Lights

In all of this, I never saw the head to head score between Crosby and Nederland. Funny. Look, teams lay goose eggs sometimes and play like crap. We struggled against New Caney and found a way to win, Nederland struggled against Vidor and found a way to win, then struggled against GCM and lost. Congrats that you are moving on, you won when you needed to. I hope you win next week. I absolutely didn't pick New Caney to beat Nederland. 

Actually what if Nederland played bad against Crosby. This wasnt directed at you. I intentially grabbed a few stats that only tell one side of the story. That was on purpose. I agree matchups are everything.

Just tired. I am happy for Crosby with losing so many starters next season it could hurt you all some next year. I hope you win state if you dont play us again. 

This is what people said when we lost the twins after rolling PNG out of the playoffs in 2013.  

Crosby has always had athletes. Riordan has this team working and believing like no one else has. All of Crosby's skill kids on offense except the QB and one WR are coming back. The QB in waiting is our best player right now at WR. We are losing some o-line and some studs on defense, but lots of talent coming up the pipeline.

I think out 9th grade lost only two and and I know our 8th grade was 9-0 with the o-line coach's son at QB.

I heard 15 is that true? I love the younger level kids ours was codistrict champs at thge 9th  7th and 8th were DC. My son is on the 7th so was at all those game (proud father moment)...lol

We are losing Morse but replacing him with a youngster who is very fast and only a 10th grader. we have 3 oline and 3 dline back two starting recievers and RB who has shared the load safety is back as well i think more but not sure.

I heard 15 is that true? I love the younger level kids ours was codistrict champs at thge 9th  7th and 8th were DC. My son is on the 7th so was at all those game (proud father moment)...lol

We are losing Morse but replacing him with a youngster who is very fast and only a 10th grader. we have 3 oline and 3 dline back two starting recievers and RB who has shared the load safety is back as well i think more but not sure.

we should have about 13-15 back next seaosn I believe