22-5a just as good as 21-5a afterall

prepballfan

22-5A (20-5A) is 11-26 in total games played vs 21-5A (19-4A)  since 2010 including regular season and the playoffs as the tally was 9-24 before this weekend. Congrats to Nederland but shouldn't the #1 knock out the #4 from a district by more than a couple of TDs?  You guys should get a trophy made to keep at the Hamburger Depot for going 2-2. Hooray!

Give me all time vs the last 5 years when you actually started winning.......

Lol, I see the tradition-rich mid-county is celebrating bi-district wins now. Everybody brings up the stat thing but once again, if you look at it it played out pretty much like the numbers said with the exception of New Caney. My only worry about them is that the moment would be too big and I think it was. That wasn't the same team we saw in district play and I think the bye week might have actually hurt more than helped. 

Llike I was pointing out to y'all all week, the supposedly good PNG defense just gave up a couple first downs shy of 500 yards and what should've been a minimum of 42 points. I said all week PNG and Dayton defenses were a wash. I said they would be two or three mistakes from being blown out, which they were. PNG played the game they needed to play and got the 1 point win though. For that you have to say good game, just keep in mind we're that two point conversion away from a completely different conversation today. 

I know the feeling may also be, "Well, Central only lost by 1 point so we were 1 point away from going 3-1 too". Statistically Central had a bad offense and King had a bad defense. Central's bad offense got 24 points on King's bad defense but King gave up 7 points on offense which made the game tight. Central caught King at the right time, their All-American running back was hurt. King gets an easy 40 with Williams, it does feel good to believe otherwise though. 

Overall I would say good job to 22-5A though, y'all really needed this for yall's credibility. I'll take going 21-5 against y'all every four years though. 

Lol, I see the tradition-rich mid-county is celebrating bi-district wins now. Everybody brings up the stat thing but once again, if you look at it it played out pretty much like the numbers said with the exception of New Caney. My only worry about them is that the moment would be too big and I think it was. That wasn't the same team we saw in district play and I think the bye week might have actually hurt more than helped. 

Llike I was pointing out to y'all all week, the supposedly good PNG defense just gave up a couple first downs shy of 500 yards and what should've been a minimum of 42 points. I said all week PNG and Dayton defenses were a wash. I said they would be two or three mistakes from being blown out, which they were. PNG played the game they needed to play and got the 1 point win though. For that you have to say good game, just keep in mind we're that two point conversion away from a completely different conversation today. 

I know the feeling may also be, "Well, Central only lost by 1 point so we were 1 point away from going 3-1 too". Statistically Central had a bad offense and King had a bad defense. Central's bad offense got 24 points on King's bad defense but King gave up 7 points on offense which made the game tight. Central caught King at the right time, their All-American running back was hurt. King gets an easy 40 with Williams, it does feel good to believe otherwise though. 

As far as Lumberton, if that's the fourth best team in your district then y'all got five layups this year. They're probably equal with Porter, and that's no exaggeration. I can just imagine how awful Vidor must've been to be sub.500 in that district. 

Overall I would say good job to 22-5A though, y'all really needed this for yall's credibility. I'll take going 21-5 against y'all every four years though. 

The ole proverbial backhanded compliment.... ILL TAKE IT...............

Edited by Stattrax

As far as Lumberton, if that's the fourth best team in your district then y'all got five layups this year. They're probably equal with Porter, and that's no exaggeration. I can just imagine how awful Vidor must've been to be sub.500 in that district. 

Look I have a somewhat appreciation for your stat thing but you always only point out the stats that suit yourself. Thats why folks are riding you. There were alot of stats this weekend that shows thing you do not like. Noone has even brought them up. Really dont care. Us winning has nothing to do with credibility no more than it does discrediting your district, Every bit of credibility our district gain yours lost or is the the other way around see i guess its all silly. Now to the serious stuff Good luck hope you finish this season strong.

This is a complete joke. They are the same team you saw in district play. Nederland took it to them and you do not like it. It is what it is . You said yourself that it maybe to big but you also said Nederlands coach would get the most out of his players but he just doesn't have enough players. Well you were not only wrong but you were even wronger. We have been watching Nederland do this year in and year out beating the teams they are not supposed to. This is a game your stats just could not add up to. You cant even give a congrats to us for doing what you said could not be done. So I will help you thanks for the offhanded congrats. 

I'd say it's a coin flip between 22-5A's 1,2, & 3 teams vs 21-5A's 2,3 & 4 teams. 21-5A has a much better top end team in the 1 spot and 22-5A has absolutely nothing competitive after the 3 spot.

2-2 is probably the right out come this year.  I think 22-5A could have gone 3-1 pretty easily with CE King losing steam.  Also think 21-5A could have gone 3-1 if Dayton gets the 2 point conversion.  

There was a decent chance of 21-5A going 4-0.  There was absolutely no chance of 22-5A going 4-0.

I'd say it's a coin flip between 22-5A's 1,2, & 3 teams vs 21-5A's 2,3 & 4 teams. 21-5A has a much better top end team in the 1 spot and 22-5A has absolutely nothing competitive after the 3 spot.

2-2 is probably the right out come this year.  I think 22-5A could have gone 3-1 pretty easily with CE King losing steam.  Also think 21-5A could have gone 3-1 if Dayton gets the 2 point conversion.  

There was a decent chance of 21-5A going 4-0.  There was absolutely no chance of 22-5A going 4-0.

Well it came out 2-2

Well it came out 2-2

Yes it did.  And if that is the depth of your analysis then 22-5A is as good as 21-5A.

I can go much deeper but at the momnent  i Am a worried about angelton

Angleton puzzles me.  They've put up absolutely no competition vs Crosby the last 2 years, but then they win playoff games.  I know, I know, they were injured...they've improved.  I'm just saying.  The team that I've seen them put on the field vs Crosby the last 2 years is simply non-competitive.  For that reason, i give the nod to PNG.  But I haven't seen PNG so this is a guess.

Any way you have to digest it to make yourself be "better". All we heard was how NC was the best 4th place team in the state because they took Crosby to OT and played Dayton down to the wire. You know what? You can throw all that crap out the window because my Dogs handed it to them. It is why the games are played. I don't look to other districts for credibility, especially when their predictions aren't.

Go Dogs.....great win against a state ranked 4th place team.

Any way you have to digest it to make yourself be "better". All we heard was how NC was the best 4th place team in the state because they took Crosby to OT and played Dayton down to the wire. You know what? You can throw all that crap out the window because my Dogs handed it to them. It is why the games are played. I don't look to other districts for credibility, especially when their predictions aren't.

Go Dogs.....great win against a state ranked 4th place team.

I predicted Nederland over NC by 7.