BREN JONES HIRED AS NEW GCM HEAD COACH!

Peppermint Patty

Mann probably doesn't call plays, pretty sure the head coach does. 

Miserable assessment. This guy is who makes that Crosby offense go. Also, one of the most gifted guys I've ever seen at promoting kids and getting them opportunities at the next level. If GCM does their homework, I think Mann is the hire. Good luck coach.

Miserable assessment. This guy is who makes that Crosby offense go. Also, one of the most gifted guys I've ever seen at promoting kids and getting them opportunities at the next level. If GCM does their homework, I think Mann is the hire. Good luck coach.

This and this is my thought.  I know a ton of kids that would love to play for Crosby, him coming here would bring a little bit of that Crosby excitement to GCM halls and just maybe bring out some more kids.

And let me add to this just incase someone who matters is reading, he not only hustles for football players to have opportunities at the next level, he hustles so that athletes in ALL sports can have opportunities at the next level. Coach Mann deserves an interview and serious consideration for the GCM job. I didn't think he would be interested in leaving Crosby this soon, but since his name is out there, I feel like it's time for those of us who believe in him to begin beating the drum.

And let me add to this just incase someone who matters is reading, he not only hustles for football players to have opportunities at the next level, he hustles so that athletes in ALL sports can have opportunities at the next level. Coach Mann deserves an interview and serious consideration for the GCM job. I didn't think he would be interested in leaving Crosby this soon, but since his name is out there, I feel like it's time for those of us who believe in him to begin beating the drum.

Don't beat that drum too hard, we would like to keep him around as long as possible. He's one of the better young minds at the high school level even though he's only about 30. 

Riordan calls the plays but Mann is the eyes and helps gameplan. He also doesn't have to teach class which allows him to handle the college coordinating which has been extremely beneficial to our players in all sports. It would hurt to lose him but I think we would be OK as long as we had Coach Freeman who I think most Crosby fans want to see get a shot of Riordan leaves. 

From the Baytown Sun:

GCM football coach search narrows to 10

Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2015 12:00 am

Goose Creek CISD’s search for a new head football coach and football has now centered its focus on 10 candidates and hopes to have a group of finalists this week, according to GCCISD athletic director Bernie Mulvaney.

“I don’t want this hanging over their heads during Christmas,” Mulvaney said. “I think it’s only right, so I’d like to let them know if they are still in the running early this week.”

I can't read the rest of the article. Does anybody know who the ten coaches are?

Edited by John Blutarsky

Would be interesting if Mann applied for the Dayton job as well. If so could it be a repeat of history IF he did apply and got the job?

If I was Dayton right now I would be taking a long hard look at Coach Freeman if he also applied. I think he would be a perfect fit for Dayton.

I think he could have Claude Mathis type results given the fact Dayton will be locked into the D2 playoffs for the foreseeable future. I think they would also be in excellent position to retain him once he produced those type results. 

If I was Dayton right now I would be taking a long hard look at Coach Freeman if he also applied. I think he would be a perfect fit for Dayton.

I think he could have Claude Mathis type results given the fact Dayton will be locked into the D2 playoffs for the foreseeable future. I think they would also be in excellent position to retain him once he produced those type results. 

I dont think he would apply for the Dayton job. Being he is a graduate from Crosby and played football there. With the love hate relationship between the two schools. Im not sure he could fully put that aside. I could be wrong though.

I dont think he would apply for the Dayton job. Being he is a graduate from Crosby and played football there. With the love hate relationship between the two schools. Im not sure he could fully put that aside. I could be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure Dayton can pay more than the GCM job he applied for and much like working in Baytown he wouldn't have to move the family. It would also be a lot easier to win at Dayton than it would at GCM transitioning into 6A. I highly doubt where he graduated from would play into it at all, and would probably be a benefit if anything . I would assume Lytle's head coach, Damian Judge, also applied for it and he's also a Crosby graduate. 

Why?

Same question I would have? Even if GCM paid the maximum the position offers it would still be about a $15k pay-cut to take the job compared to the nearly $100k he makes now. Not sure why you would trade a bigger paycheck and NFL level talent for GCM. Look at the caliber of kid he gets to coach at Taylor:

This is the hidden content, please

*Click on the "stars" tab to put them in order

Kevin Flanigan

A Barbers Hill guy came and talked to me about Kevin Flannigan for about a half hour today, wanting to know if I thought he could win there. 

I thought it was kind of weird Flannigan would apply for a job making pretty much equal money, with less talent, in the same district? Maybe he's trying to get closer back this way? Hard not to take a serious look when a guy's resume has, " . . . been to the playoffs 9 of last 11 years at 5A and 6A programs in the area." 

• 2 weeks later...