Silsbee at Bridge City

BADSANTA

I haven't seen BC either but at the skill positions Silsbee has been faster overall every game except the WOS game and that one was probably a wash. Now on the line its a different story.  We have a some relievers who can get behind almost anyone.

BC plays fundamentally sound football and there overall team speed not as slow as people think.  I'm not saying BC team speed is faster then Silsbee, but don't underestimate it. Honeycutt, Denton, Dearing, Romero, and Draper has speed. The Denton kid came fly! Denton won the 100 @ The District Meet last year as a Freshman.

Good to know,  I expect BC to be very good fundamentally and running the ball.   Hopefully the Tigers can get some stops and build a lead because I expect our defense to be tired in that fourth quarter.  It's going to be a tough game either way but if we don't get them some rest it's going to be really tough.

Don't need speed if you can shove it down the throat for at least a total of two quarters.

Silsbee needs to stop the middle run hands down.  Use their speed to the sideline if it comes.

Time to quit being soft in the middle.  If Tigers stop the dives and traps then they win by 10.

My Glass is Half Full on this opinion.

Big matchup with tons on the line. I have it as a coin flip, think the home field advantage might come in to play but I'm sure both sides will be packed.

How much rain hit, what's the field gonna look like?

BC wins a close one.

The field might be a problem.....

Senior night, coming off a Big! Win over Huffman, BC Takes this one by 14.  Silsbee better come ready for a dog fight. this is a different team than they have played in the past. 6 points separates them from being 8-0 on the season. Dubose has them believing.  I know their defense has been suspect, but they some great senior leadership and some good young talent on that side of the ball.  should be a great game. Silsbee will not be an easy out. but I still think BC will come out firing on all cylinders to take the "W"

defense is the weakness of both teams.  BC may have the edge because of time of possession but if my Tigers can get a few stops early and build a lead it will be tough for BC.  You r talking about a Tiger team who is 4 pts from only having the loss to WOS.  So the records don't mean a lot in my mind for this one.  

Senior night, coming off a Big! Win over Huffman, BC Takes this one by 14.  Silsbee better come ready for a dog fight. this is a different team than they have played in the past. 6 points separates them from being 8-0 on the season. Dubose has them believing.  I know their defense has been suspect, but they some great senior leadership and some good young talent on that side of the ball.  should be a great game. Silsbee will not be an easy out. but I still think BC will come out firing on all cylinders to take the "W"

Sounds like just the right ingredients for an upset.  Riding high on Senior night might just allow the same let up that caught Silsbee.  Trap game.

their will be no upset. this game could go either way. both teams are putting up some crazy offensive numbers. #5 will definitely be tough to contain. he is a playmaker and the cards "D" will have their work cut out for them. it will be the same for Silsbee on the defensive side. containing #28.  I have seen the cardinals play in every game this season but the Huffman game and one thing is for sure BC will bring it till the clock strikes zero's. this should be a great game to watch.

This one is tough to pick but I would lean toward BC winning.  a 1 pt loss to Jasper and a 5 pt loss to Lumberton.  And keep in mind, if BC doesn't fumble inside the 5 yd line just prior to scoring another TD on my Raiders, then that game could have turned out differently.  This should be a great matchup of two totally different styles.  I would expect a similar score as the BC vs Jasper, but with BC winning by a few.

looking at the scores vs common opponents everything is fairly equal Except for the Cleveland score.  That one may be to some changes Cleveland made or had to make,  i heard the player that played qb against us was playing receiver.  I really expect my Tigers to pull this one out,  but that greatly depends on keeping our defense fresh.  Lots of stops or some time eating drives on our part.  If that doesn't happen it could be a long night for my Tigers.

Sometimes in football games it’s not about which team the best WR core or the best QB has, the shift can be about which team has the momentum coming into the game. The past few weeks BC has shown their resiliency at finding ways to win.  I admire the way that this team never gives up and, they will find ways to beat teams who may have better athletic players. I will say this though “those boys from Bridge City can play football, and they will not back down to no team” JMO.

Prayers for Bridge City's qb, I believe it was 7th grade A team. On the last play of the game tonight in Silsbee he was hurt, and it looked pretty bad. He was not moving, and taken off on a stretcher. Praying for healing for him and peace for his family. Hate seeing that for such a young person, especially on the very last play!! Scary