Silsbee at Bridge City

BADSANTA

I may have to change my pick on this one due to how BC defense played against HH pass game. I have been thinking Silsbee takes this one but now think it could be the other way around. If BC can establish the run game early, keep Silsbee O on the bench, they have a legitimate chance to win here.

Huffman threw for over 400 yards against BC.

I don't think Bridge City has faced a more athletic Quarterback this season. Also, Michael McCain and the Silsbee Defense can contain the run Silsbee will win. I can see Silsbee getting down early but roaring back to take it in the 4th qtr. Silsbee lost to Huffman 50-47 I believe to due to a big lack of focus for Homecoming week. 

I don't think Bridge City has faced a more athletic Quarterback this season. Also, Michael McCain and the Silsbee Defense can contain the run Silsbee will win. I can see Silsbee getting down early but roaring back to take it in the 4th qtr. Silsbee lost to Huffman 50-47 I believe to due to a big lack of focus for Homecoming week. 

We watched Silsbee play Huffman on our bye week. And Tiger From Jasper is hands down the most athletic Qb in the district. No offense intended. I think Silsbee's downfield passing attack is tops, but that kid from Jasper is on a whole other level.  He can hurt you in a whole multitude of ways. 

Silsbee is is going to score, and we're going to score. If we play our game, in our house, we should earn a tough victory this Friday. I don't expect anything less than a nail biter. 

This this one is tough to call.  The Tigers came out distracted against Huffman early and it cost them.  We need to start strong in this one and not let up.  BC's ground game is definitely playing into the Tigers weakness,  stopping the running game and keeping the Tigers defense on the field.  That coupled with the Tigers quick strike offense is a problem the Tigers will have to overcome.  The Tigers should have the speed advantage but need some good time eating possessions as well.  Should be a fun game to watch.

BC have faced jasper's qb...

The kid from Jasper is very good but Dontre Thomas has a total of about 40 TDS 900yds rushing and 1800 yards passing thru 8 games. Dual Threat QB and Silsbee running back Adonis Thomas is also a solid running back. All with need to bring their A plus game Friday.

Edited by BADSANTA

and threw for 382 against Silsbee! What's your point? 

kicker stated he may have to change his pick based on how BC defense did against Huffman pass game. I was just pointing out that Huffman passed for over 400 yards against the Cards. Didn't quite understand what he meant by his post. Was he expecting Huffman to throw for 600 yards?

The kid from Jasper is very good but Dontre Thomas has a total of about 40 TDS 900yds rushing and 1800 yards passing thru 8 games. Dual Threat QB and Silsbee running back Adonis Thomas is also a solid running back. All with need to bring their A plus game Friday.

good numbers ... Jasper QB hasn't played all 8 games .....I'm just saying BC has faced a QB like Silsbee has.....

Im sure this game will be a sell out. BC has played a season that few people besides maybe the coaches and players could have thought they would have. With the district chsmpionship on the line I'm sure both of these teams will be in tip top form. If Silsbee can't force BC to punt about 5-6 times and force some fumbles, could be a long game for the defense. 

Haven't seen Silsbee, but did see BC.  Silsbee may indeed have the edge in speed, but BC is not exactly what might be called slow.

I haven't seen BC either but at the skill positions Silsbee has been faster overall every game except the WOS game and that one was probably a wash. Now on the line its a different story.  We have a some relievers who can get behind almost anyone.