Crosby 30 Dayton 20/Final

WOSgrad

Atleast in the 2nd half film you can see the refs signal Crosby a first down, move the chains, spot the ball, blow the whistle and start the play clock.  Then the ref comes running in from the other side of the field and decides it wasn't a first down.  Chains are already moved and everything.  They put the chains back to where it is third and inches.  They had no clue.

Yeah watch the film, it'll prove to you that it wasn't a first down.  

Yeah watch the film, it'll prove to you that it wasn't a first down.  

it looked to be about 3rd and 5 1/2 yards for a first down.  The one official signaled that but then the guy spotting the ball didn't pay attention.  I thought it was a bad spot and they got that one right, just lack of communication at first.  Now the pass interference call, when there wasn't one thrown on any other play I thought was a bad call.

From what I saw the true game changer wasn't the kickoff ran back by Crosby. The real game changer was when the score was tied at 20 and Dayton recovered the Crosby fumble. Driving with the ball deep in their own territory, Hancock gets his bell rung and the referee sent him off the field for at least one play. He was definetly dazed from the hit. Coach Hancock puts in Shaq Jones at QB and Dayton gets about 5 yards on a run. Instead of leaving Shaq at QB, he puts his son back in and he promptly throws an interception. The kid's bell was rung! Why put him right back in so quickly and then throw the ball? Dayton was running the ball well enough to win the game...especially to the edges. Terrible call. Crosby has a good defense but I wasn't impressed with their offense. QB was pretty slow. I think Dayton was the faster of the two teams.

From what I saw the true game changer wasn't the kickoff ran back by Crosby. The real game changer was when the score was tied at 20 and Dayton recovered the Crosby fumble. Driving with the ball deep in their own territory, Hancock gets his bell rung and the referee sent him off the field for at least one play. He was definetly dazed from the hit. Coach Hancock puts in Shaq Jones at QB and Dayton gets about 5 yards on a run. Instead of leaving Shaq at QB, he puts his son back in and he promptly throws an interception. The kid's bell was rung! Why put him right back in so quickly and then throw the ball? Dayton was running the ball well enough to win the game...especially to the edges. Terrible call. Crosby has a good defense but I wasn't impressed with their offense. QB was pretty slow. I think Dayton was the faster of the two teams.

easy 

Dayton had 36 carries for 100 yards, they were averaging 2.7 yards per carry. How were they running the ball well enough to win? They put the ball in Long's hands on 4-2 and he got stopped. Crosby rushed for 281 yards, true the offense didn't look like usual but 30 points and 400 yards in by far your worst performance of the year is decent. You lose all credibility by saying Dayton was the faster team, smh.

Dayton had 36 carries for 100 yards, they were averaging 2.7 yards per carry. How were they running the ball well enough to win? They put the ball in Long's hands on 4-2 and he got stopped. Crosby rushed for 281 yards, true the offense didn't look like usual but 30 points and 400 yards in by far your worst performance of the year is decent. You lose all credibility by saying Dayton was the faster team, smh.

ya. That's a ridiculous comment. 

Yeah, saying Dayton was the faster team is kind of a silly statement.  They played with a lot of heart but as the night went on, they got off the pile slower and slower.  Going both ways takes it toll.  And Cotton didn't look to slow when he busted that 30 some yarder up the middle.  Maybe he was talking about Netherly being slow when he took his one snap at QB.  That's about how I see his speed comment.

Edited by CougarCal

I will say that although I love our Coaching Staff, I was disappointed that it took them 3 quarters to figure out that Dayton was dropping 8, taking away the perimeter and deep ball and giving up most up the gut. We started pounding the middle late for 7 yards a pop. There's nothing wrong with that, but even then we'd still try to run wide, right in to Dayton's game plan. I love our big play offense but if they're giving us 7 yards a carry up the middle we've got to take it.