Hemphill @ Warren 2A Stand-off..COMMENTS?

I saw the game - did not think Warren did too bad .

Warren needs to work on their pitching - I know there is still a few guys out due to basketball . In 2A ball you had better have at least two strong pichers to advance very far. District is where the rubber meets the road - the rest of the games is there just to prepare you for District and the games after that-WIN.

All of you have to remember that the baseball program at Warren has suffered badly in the past due to not having a dedicated coach or coaches that know and understand baseball .

A lot of coaches do not realize that if you do not teach players the right way to do things on JV they have to play catch up . I think Warren will see a distinct improvement this year and espically next year due to the coaches they have now. Warren has three coaches that really know baseball and want to advance .

Anything can happen from one year to the next with kids. Have the other team get the ball in the air and watch them make mistakes !  ;)

Saw about 3 innings of the Warren scrimmage. They have nil for pitching. I hope they have someone in the basketball wings or its going to be a long season. They are strong behind the plate, first base and center field, but it goes down quick after that.

They went 2 or 3 rounds deep into the playoffs in 2005 but, after a coaching change last year, they went to pot. No coaching, no pitching and no motivation, leads to no wins. The new coach this year will make some changes for the better, but its gonna be a rough season.

Saw about 3 innings of the Warren scrimmage. They have nil for pitching. I hope they have someone in the basketball wings or its going to be a long season. They are strong behind the plate, first base and center field, but it goes down quick after that.

They went 2 or 3 rounds deep into the playoffs in 2005 but, after a coaching change last year, they went to pot. No coaching, no pitching and no motivation, leads to no wins. The new coach this year will make some changes for the better, but its gonna be a rough season.

You are very blind or one of these three kids dad to say that these three are there bread and butter . Or could it be that you just know nothing about baseball ?????

Warren has nothing great in the wings on the basketball court - these kids will advance on hard work and their coaching abilities.

I suggest you go watch some baseball and try to learn the game - because you could not see talent if it was in front of you.

Sorry I struck a nerve there little brother, but lets look at the facts. Levi West in center field is money. Trey Babino, behind the plate is solid. Brodie Parker, at first base, is quality all the way. I just dont see much in the way of pitching this year. They are a young team and have a tough road this year.

I watched a team, that went a couple rounds in the playoffs in 2005, fall apart in 2006. Brodie was hurt, he would have made a difference in the infield. Babino was totally out of position at 3rd and Levi caught everything that came his way in center. Granger was the ace last year, always giving it his best. He will be missed this year. Tucker Ellis is money at the plate, iffy in the field. There are many good players that are young and will contribute, but without pitching, its a tough district. The new coach will make a difference, but it wont be this year.

I hope when the season ends, I have to eat my words. The team is full of good young men and I hated watching what they went through last year.

I know enough about baseball to know that without quality pitching, you wont go anywhere in this district.

I have to disagree about the pitchers.While Warren may not have any dominate pitchers their are several in the gym that would help tremendously.Probably the best 4 they could put on the mound,if they play.Granger signed a letter to play football and I don't know if he will play but he would be their #1 starter,Swinney was hurt last year but is very capable of pitching at the 2-a level(pretty good speed and a good breaking ball)Sims sat out last year to concentrate on basketball and still plays AAU ball so I don't know if he'll play(not overpowering but he has very good control and Willis could do wonders with him)and Kelly who is a sophomore and got some innings last year.You could put a defense behind these kids that would win alot of ballgames.Add the younger Babino boy and Carnley to the 3 you had earlier,then pick up Rawls and Blackshear and you could have a VERY competetive team this year.I think these new coaches will eventually get the interest back in the program.I sure hope so for the boys sake.

Sorry I struck a nerve there little brother, but lets look at the facts. Levi West in center field is money. Trey Babino, behind the plate is solid. Brodie Parker, at first base, is quality all the way. I just dont see much in the way of pitching this year. They are a young team and have a tough road this year.

I watched a team, that went a couple rounds in the playoffs in 2005, fall apart in 2006. Brodie was hurt, he would have made a difference in the infield. Babino was totally out of position at 3rd and Levi caught everything that came his way in center. Granger was the ace last year, always giving it his best. He will be missed this year. Tucker Ellis is money at the plate, iffy in the field. There are many good players that are young and will contribute, but without pitching, its a tough district. The new coach will make a difference, but it wont be this year.

I hope when the season ends, I have to eat my words. The team is full of good young men and I hated watching what they went through last year.

I know enough about baseball to know that without quality pitching, you wont go anywhere in this district.

First off - I am not your little brother

Second Levi West has speed but has to work on catching at times and needs to get on base - that is why he is batting first.

Third , Kenney Granger was as far from a ace as you can get - he chunked but could not pitch his way out of a paper bag !

Fourth Babino kid that catches has a good arm but can not count on him to hit all the time or a third of the time ,for that I am sorry because we need him.

Fifth - Brodie Parker is a good kid but cannot hit - look at the facts . If they get him hitting he will prove valuable.

As far as you knowing BASEBALL ... Anyone that knows anything about baseball would not make a comment about Kenny Granger being a ACE - You proved right there that you need to learn about Baseball. Thank God he has decided not to play and I mean play because that is all he does is play.

Warren does have some young kids that need to continue playing the game whatever the out come so they will continue to improve.

And one thing that came out of your mouth that is true - these coaches will make a difference and that will be this year!

Oldschool.....I tried to be nice, but it wont work with you. You must not have made many games last year. You are correct, Levi is fast and he can get on base, that is exactly why he leads off. I never saw him drop a ball he should have had and saw him get a few that were out of range for the normal kid. I have been watching this group play for 12 years. From t-ball till now. My god son graduated in 2005, but I continue to enjoy watching these kids play.

Granger was the ace on this staff....He pitched very good last year, but you can't give any team 4-5 outs an inning and expect to win. I may have missed 3 games, made the majority of them. He's not Riley, but he's a number 1 on this team. Caleb Swenney is a quality kid. I'd put him on short and leave him there. THe reason he was hurt last year is he has a funky delivery that puts alot of stress on his arm. Its a motion he has always had. He's good for a couple innings, maybe, but then wha? Kelley will be a good 2a pitcher, but he's young, not overpowering and doesnt have much stuff yet. Simms has come along way in basketball and we are all proud of him. The last time i saw him pitch, it was slow and predictable. Carnley can hit, but as with Tucker, the fielding is iffy. The other Babino boy hasnt played baseball in a few years and is a nonfactor. The catcher Babino boy has always been a wall behind the plate, his hitting has always been suspect, he makes up for it with the defense and should have been there last year. Did I miss anything?

I do know my baseball and I do know this group of kids. I stick with the fact that pictching, not coaching or lack of heart, will be their undoing again.....How was the pitching against Kelly Last night? I rest my case...........

Oldschool.....I tried to be nice, but it wont work with you. You must not have made many games last year. You are correct, Levi is fast and he can get on base, that is exactly why he leads off. I never saw him drop a ball he should have had and saw him get a few that were out of range for the normal kid. I have been watching this group play for 12 years. From t-ball till now. My god son graduated in 2005, but I continue to enjoy watching these kids play.

Granger was the ace on this staff....He pitched very good last year, but you can't give any team 4-5 outs an inning and expect to win. I may have missed 3 games, made the majority of them. He's not Riley, but he's a number 1 on this team. Caleb Swenney is a quality kid. I'd put him on short and leave him there. THe reason he was hurt last year is he has a funky delivery that puts alot of stress on his arm. Its a motion he has always had. He's good for a couple innings, maybe, but then wha? Kelley will be a good 2a pitcher, but he's young, not overpowering and doesnt have much stuff yet. Simms has come along way in basketball and we are all proud of him. The last time i saw him pitch, it was slow and predictable. Carnley can hit, but as with Tucker, the fielding is iffy. The other Babino boy hasnt played baseball in a few years and is a nonfactor. The catcher Babino boy has always been a wall behind the plate, his hitting has always been suspect, he makes up for it with the defense and should have been there last year. Did I miss anything?

I do know my baseball and I do know this group of kids. I stick with the fact that pictching, not coaching or lack of heart, will be their undoing again.....How was the pitching against Kelly Last night? I rest my case...........

Well I will say again you do not have a clue about baseball but it is hard to debate a subject with someone that does not have a clue.

If you have never seen good baseball I guess you cannot tell the difference between a chunker and a pitcher. Why don't you go to Roundrock this year and see what is actually out there - you do not have a clue.

We all know that they are lacking pitching - read the first comment I made - you are not making a statement that has not already been made.

I finish talking to you - your an idiot. 

Coming in to high school Brodie Parker was as good a young power hitter as I have ever seen.I know he had some shoulder injuries that were corrected by surgery.I saw him hit 7 or 8 out of the high school park as a 14 year old.Not sure when he lost his stroke if in fact he has.I haven't seen them play lately so I really can't say.I do know there is a lot of baseball talent in Warren,I think the new coaches need to talk to all the kids and let them know the program is going in the right direction.The downward spiral in this program started a couple of years ago and won't be corrected overnight,but it will be corrected as long as they leave the young coaches alone.Good luck Warriors on the upcoming season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder