Dayton 55 Nederland 41/Final

WOSgrad

All imma say on the matter =platooning qb's ain't working,better make the best choices for this year=roster from program has 36 kids on it,23 are seniors,12 jrs,1fresh.Add the fact most all the talented skill positions are srs.Weak JV squad this year=next year my bet=no playoffs.Choose wisely w/o favs & make as much noise possible so others will come out next year.1 xfer,2 move backs or we'd have 33 kids in football @Dayt 2015 tells me kids don't back current staff leadership,when J Stewart retires Dayt will undergo some yrs of mediocre

Edited by liltex
add content

Dayt starter wouldn't be a qb for any other team in 21-5a & I have nothing against the kid,he'll have some success behind 285 O/L

Dang, I wonder if that's the common sentiment in Broncoland or just the reaction of watching a kid go off one night? 

You don't think he could at least win the job at Galena Park? 

Dang, I wonder if that's the common sentiment in Broncoland or just the reaction of watching a kid go off one night? 

You don't think he could at least win the job at Galena Park? 

honestly i think Hancock would be a great qb for  gp. Lol

But seriously I am  going to keep my mouth shut about who i think should be qb. Because just 2 years ago, myself along with others had an issue with Baughman  as qb and he turned out to do a pretty damn good job. We will just have to wait and see how hancock does if he is put back as the starter.

when did hancock get hurt in game 1? i wasn't there.

He was 10-13 for 121 with 2 tds when he went out. that's not too shabby.

I'm thinking it was in the 3rd quarter. I do remember seeing him being sandwiched in between 2 huge players and also a third one coming in from his side so to answer your question there was a total of three huge Channelview players that hit him. I remember my wife and I talking about it just praying he wasn't permanently hurt and would be able to get up on his own. I'm hoping he's getting better and no permanent trauma from that hit, because he was hit really hard. 

lets keep on mind that Nederland was evaluating key defensive personnel at this point last year.  The horses arenin offense, and we'll fill in the spots defensively best we can.  Remember our standout LB, Jacob Jones didn't play a snap until a few games in.  When things don't work the Nederland staff has been quick to adjust.  They are still figuring it out and last Friday was another good lesson.  Neumann has stacked his big boys on the offensive side of the ball,  offensive line is huge and physical, defense will continue to play hard, but if nobody has noticed, Malveaux, Washington, Cuoron... Etc no longer play at Nederland so you gotta dance with the boys who are working their butts off to live up to the tradition.

Edited by NDOMAKONG

Your statement:  "lets keep on mind that Nederland was evaluating key defensive personnel at this point last year.  The horses arenin offense, and we'll fill in the spots defensively best we can.  Remember our standout LB, Jacob Jones didn't play a snap until a few games in.  When things don't work the Nederland staff has been quick to adjust.  They are still figuring it out and last Friday was another good lesson.  Neumann has stacked his big boys on the offensive side of the ball,  offensive line is huge and physical, defense will continue to play hard, but if nobody has noticed, Malveaux, Washington, Cuoron... Etc no longer play at Nederland so you gotta dance with the boys who are working their butts off to live up to the tradition."

BTW -- I never have and never will blame the kids.  Think about it! 

Edited by smitty

Your statement:  "lets keep on mind that Nederland was evaluating key defensive personnel at this point last year.  The horses arenin offense, and we'll fill in the spots defensively best we can.  Remember our standout LB, Jacob Jones didn't play a snap until a few games in.  When things don't work the Nederland staff has been quick to adjust.  They are still figuring it out and last Friday was another good lesson.  Neumann has stacked his big boys on the offensive side of the ball,  offensive line is huge and physical, defense will continue to play hard, but if nobody has noticed, Malveaux, Washington, Cuoron... Etc no longer play at Nederland so you gotta dance with the boys who are working their butts off to live up to the tradition."

BTW -- I never have and never will blame the kids.  Think about it! 

You right but you cant just use the same guys-lets see what we have on the bench before district start. My be a player just waiting to show case, you cant just judge from practice.

Edited by MAYFIELD