TEEN DIES of BRAIN EATING AMOEBA

Hagar

See 14 year old on swimming trip with his track team died from this brain eating amoeba.  Was swimming in a lake 70 miles north of Houston.  

Seen this bug reported in La but can't remember it in Tx.  Scary!   (Someone puter savvy might want to put link).  G'son and friends swim & tube in Rayburn.  Is that safe?

See 14 year old on swimming trip with his track team died from this brain eating amoeba.  Was swimming in a lake 70 miles north of Houston.  

Seen this bug reported in La but can't remember it in Tx.  Scary!   (Someone puter savvy might want to put link).  G'son and friends swim & tube in Rayburn.  Is that safe?

I did a little research. There have only been 133 diagnosed cases in the last 53 years.  Of those, 130 were fatal.  So basically, if you get it, you're going to die, but millions and millions of people a year swim in infected waters, with an average of 2 or 3 of them becoming infected.  You probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting infected. 

I thought you meant infections of people.  From what I saw this amoeba is probably in most of the fresh water that we swim in around here.  You can't get infected by drinking it, only by getting it up your nose.

Thanks for the info 13.  These "bugs" like this one & the flesh eating, scare me more than ISIS does.  At least with ISIS/Terrorist, you'll probably have a chance to fight back.  The stuff Dr's gave us 20 years ago, won't give most of today's bugs a headache.  And this amoeba is bullet proof (never hit the lottery, so I'm okay).  

And yes, prayers for this young man and his family.  Rude of me to not include in original post.