Baytown Sterling 27 Baytown Lee 21/Final

WOSgrad

Much closer game this year. 

yes. Sterling coach really messed up late. Had a 1st down, 4 min left, 27-14 lead, lee is out of timeouts,  and he threw the ball and got it picked off. Havent seen a coaching error that bad in a long time. Lucky for him Sterling recovered the onside kick or that one couldve ended differently.

11,734 announced attendance. 

Good crowd. If the district does the right thing and balances the enrollment,  this game and the GCM game would mean something again. 

Lee played hard. Their coach was passionate (never seen a coach in the middle of the field and not get a penalty. He was still giving the officials hell after the hanshakes) and their student body showed up en masse.

It's sad that football in Baytown has been relegated to minor league status. I can remember waiting for an hour on Archer Rd just to park. When the game was over we would turn on KBUK in the car as we waited in traffic to go home. We would try to find out if so and so had won to determine playoff standings. I know we can't live in the past, but it would be nice just to visit. It would be nice for these games to really matter.

No matter what, it's aways good to beat the Ganders. 

GCM, I was telling my wife I couldn't believe he didn't get a penalty for that. He was in the middle of the hashes inside the 5 yelling at him. That was an all around awkward play too and so late of a TD call I didn't blame him for being mad, but shocked there was no flag. 

You could have waited a long time to park today as well. I was not informed we had to eat before the game until I got home from work from my wife. Needless to say we finally headed towarded the stadium at a quarter til 7 (from Bud's BBQ) and I didn't get in my seat til the 1st quarter was over (7:45 or so). 

Edited by sahen