R.I.P. Hoodies

Mr. Buddy Garrity

not sure how a hoody causes a disruption, interference unless something vulgar is on it or is a health issue but apparently it happens at good ol' WB? sucks for WB students, make up a reason & transfer to Ozen or Central. Heck, send the athletes down to Memorial, you can wear your hoodies here. ✊

Why the big concern about not wearing hoodies? 

Why the big concern about not wearing hoodies? 

ask the WB students and their friends and family. Seems really strange things have been happening at that particular school. 

But I bet if this was a different issue other folks from other ISDs would be all over it. ;)

ask the WB students and their friends and family. Seems really strange things have been happening at that particular school. 

But I bet if this was a different issue other folks from other ISDs would be all over it. ;)

I honestly don't know anyone from that school. I'm still not clear what your issue is. If you are hinting it a discrimination thing, I wonder why one one is going to a school board meeting? Me personally, I don't think it is a big deal if it applies to everyone. 

I honestly don't know anyone from that school. I'm still not clear what your issue is. If you are hinting it a discrimination thing, I wonder why one one is going to a school board meeting? Me personally, I don't think it is a big deal if it applies to everyone. 

that was Dove, not me.

Secondly I agree with the last as in whole school district dress code;)

And I still say: 

not sure how a hoody causes a disruption, interference unless something vulgar is on it or is a health issue but apparently it happens at good ol' WB? sucks for WB students, make up a reason & transfer to Ozen or Central. Heck, send the athletes down to Memorial, you can wear your hoodies here. ✊

that was Dove, not me.

Secondly I agree with the last as in whole school district dress code;)

And I still say: 

Fair enough......

I was curious why West brook and not District wide.....That handbook link is for the entire district.

This is the hidden content, please

page 33

"Students shall be dressed and groomed in a manner that is clean and neat and that will not be a health or safety hazard to themselves or others. The District prohibits any clothing or grooming that, in the principal’s or designee’s judgment, may reasonably be expected to cause disruption 34 of or interference with normal school operations or tends to jeopardize the health or safety of students will be prohibited". 

Nederland's dress code is way more strict which kind of surprises me.

BISD 's dress code is a broad definition.  I would get my ACLU rep and ask them show me how my hoodie is a health or safety hazard. 

I could see wearing one's pants halfway down their butt as a safety hazard, not a hoodie.  Pants not being worn properly could be a tripping hazard, as they may fall down around the ankles.

Dove, when you put the ACLU to work regarding health or safety hazards, would you ask them also about how a t shirt with a confederate flag on it qualifies as a health or safety hazard?

hUH? Now, I've known that the ACLU has actually sided with  students who wore their confederate flag on their t-shirts. I'm missing your point.