HEY CROSBY

I love how you throw Crosby with those schools. Haven't been past the second round since 09 with the exception of last year.... Also I don't see your logic when the team that beat you last year loses in the second round... And yall go to the 5th round in D-II... Again rankings or polls don't mean squat!!

How big is Cougar Stadium? Texas Bob has it at 5K. Seems bigger than that from what I saw on Friday. 

I believe 5k on home 2500 on visitor.  Rounding.

^^Go Crosby

Edited by Coug88
Because I forget....GO Crosby!

A lumberton fan starting this thread In the football forum is like an HJ fan starting it in the basketball forum :)  I know I not the only one who remembers weeding through dozens of L-train threads that one year they were halfway decent...

At least you noticed we didn't start it. ...I think.  There was that one year we were half decent too.  Followed by all the other years we were half decent. 

(Just waiting to get hollered at for having such a huge ego we start such threads,  that we never have started.  My all time favorite)

Go Crosby! 

I love how you throw Crosby with those schools. Haven't been past the second round since 09 with the exception of last year.... Also I don't see your logic when the team that beat you last year loses in the second round... And yall go to the 5th round in D-II... Again rankings or polls don't mean squat!!  in '12 and '13 the district champs summer creek rolled Crosby.. They did not make it out of the second round.. I would not call that easier.

Yeah, King beat Crosby in King. King also lost to Kingwood Park at Turner, Crosby beat KP at Turner. I don't have any doubt if they played the very next week at a neutral site Crosby wins. Why couldn't KP beat Crosby at home like they did King? 

Ita about matchups, King was soft on defense and if you kept Tray Williams off the edge their offense became a lot less effective. Ridge Point didn't have a potent offense and would've had a very hard time breaking 20 on Crosby's defense, I think Crosby's style of offense was a bad matchup for RP. 

All we can do is play who we can play. We have 1500 kids and are the 7th largest school in a 9 team district. It is what it is, all we can do is line it up and see. 

Yeah, King beat Crosby in King. King also lost to Kingwood Park at Turner, Crosby beat KP at Turner. I don't have any doubt if they played the very next week at a neutral site Crosby wins. Why couldn't KP beat Crosby at home like they did King? 

Ita about matchups, King was soft on defense and if you kept Tray Williams off the edge their offense became a lot less effective. Ridge Point didn't have a potent offense and would've had a very hard time breaking 20 on Crosby's defense, I think Crosby's style of offense was a bad matchup for RP. Pl 

All we can do is play who we can play. We have 1500 kids and are the 7th largest school in a 9 team district. It is what it is, all we can do is line it up and see

I say that every weelk that is why we play the games.

Ita about matchups, King was soft on defense and if you kept Tray Williams off the edge their offense became a lot less effective. Ridge Point didn't have a potent offense and would've had a very hard time breaking 20 on Crosby's defense, I think Crosby's style of offense was a bad matchup for RP. 

All we can do is play who we can play. We have 1500 kids and are the 7th largest school in a 9 team district. It is what it is, all we can do is line it up and see. 

if C.E. Kings Defense was so "Soft".. how did your explosive offense only score 21 on them??? 

Im not taking anything from your season.. what a great year and a GREAT GROUP OF SR...VERY COMPETITIVE GROUP..

you are right though.. it is about match ups and you can only play who you play... however you cant say you would have been as successful if you went D-I...the logic does not add up to me.. by the way Ridge Point lost the next game..

if C.E. Kings Defense was so "Soft".. how did your explosive offense only score 21 on them??? 

Im not taking anything from your season.. what a great year and a GREAT GROUP OF SR...VERY COMPETITIVE GROUP..

you are right though.. it is about match ups and you can only play who you play... however you cant say you would have been as successful if you went D-I...the logic does not add up to me.. by the way Ridge Point lost the next game..

Here is what I don't understand ....when we did line up D-II we were told there is no way you will win.....you never know unless you line up....but somehow many of you seem to know that if we lined up D-I we would have lost.  Too many factors to make that call almost a year later.  I am saying you can't say we wouldn't have been successful......possible?  sure but it was also possible, noted many times, that we wouldn't have been successful on the D-II side. 

Go Crosby!

Yeah, and Cedar Park lost to 3-7 Dripping before playing in the state championship. Sometime you have an off night. You won't find a single person that says Crosby's offense was explosive last year either. 

If D1 is so hard then why did Aledo win it with 1500 kids? JT has 2000+ kids they lost to Ennis in district play before losing to Aledo in the semis. JT should have rolled Ennis and Aledo using your logic, right? 

In '13 Crosby got undefeated #6 Elgin in the second round while Ned get Georgetown in D1. Crosby was tied with Elgin with 6 mins left in the game before Aston got hurt. Elgin beat D1 Georgetown 70-0 earlier that year, do you not think GT would've been and easier matchup for Crosby? Remember they dropped 56 on Ned that year who's only losses were to Crosby and GT. I think GT only got 38 on Ned that year. 

If it doesn't add up for you then you're just using improper logic. A lot of times D1 is tougher but that's far from the case all the time. 

Hey now, I'm pretty sure that team was 7-3. No shame in bragging about that. I mean, Crosby beat a bunch of 3-loss and 4-loss teams in the playoffs last year before losing fto one and it gets brought up in every thread.

Crosby finished finished the regular season 6-4 in 2011, 6-5 overall. 

Go Crosby!

Edited by Cougar14.2