Top 25 fan bases of college football

I was just watching the SEC Network and accidentally turned the channel to LHN.   They have some quality programming on right now.  Currently on is "Lost and Nameless Orchestra," up next is "Kristy Lee a Southern Original."   Now I see why no one watches this crap.  

​Huh?

Just curious, what are those shows about?

I was just watching the SEC Network and accidentally turned the channel to LHN.   They have some quality programming on right now.  Currently on is "Lost and Nameless Orchestra," up next is "Kristy Lee a Southern Original."   Now I see why no one watches this crap.  

Nice try.  Everyone on this board knows that no one watches more LHN than you.  Obsession noted...

It wasn't accidental. You can't stay away. What was on sec network?

It wasn't accidental. You can't stay away. What was on sec network?

SEC Now.  That is a show where they actually talk about sports.  Lhn is one channel away and it flipped when I grabbed the remote. 

Personally I love the LHN and what's it's done for Texas.  I hope ESPN decides to keep it forever even though it's hemorrhaging money.  

SEC Now.  That is a show where they actually talk about sports.  Lhn is one channel away and it flipped when I grabbed the remote. 

Personally I love the LHN and what's it's done for Texas.  I hope ESPN decides to keep it forever even though it's hemorrhaging money.  

LHN is for one school. Sec network covers an entire conference. Was there anything about aggiedom on?

SEC Now.  That is a show where they actually talk about sports. Lhn is one channel away and it flipped when I grabbed the remote.

Riiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhht.   

I hope they keep it forever too.  After Nike and UA break the bank in the ongoing bidding war to be UT's apparel provider (Nike says UA doesn't have enough money to get UT away from them), we will have more money to piss away!  (Unlike you thrifty little aggies....)

Riiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhht.   

I hope they keep it forever too.  After Nike and UA break the bank in the ongoing bidding war to be UT's apparel provider (Nike says UA doesn't have enough money to get UT away from them), we will have more money to piss away!  (Unlike you thrifty little aggies....)

They will get rid of LHN when they move to their new conference. 

I never faulted tu for getting this channel deal. Kudos to them.

IMO, ESPN got the raw end and will be paying dearly for it.

Just don't think it was a very good business deal on their end.

ESPN does very little that isn't profitable.  I would bet a handsome penny it's going to be profitable on the back end.  When you spend 18 months negotiating to get the deal you want with providers, with little to no income coming in during that period, of course it's going to be a losing proposition.  Even with aggy math.  

BUT, the beauty is they are now getting Mack's money each month, and we all appreciate his contribution to our coffers.  We will spend it as quickly as possible.  

Can anyone tell me NBC's profits from covering Notre Dame. Not the same setup as LHN, just curious. Notre Dame has not always been a factor.

​I do not believe that is a fair comparison. 11 Saturdays out of the year compared to a 24 hour, 7 days a week channel. Not even close.

NBC cannot lose money on that deal. College football rules.

Now, if they broadcast every day Notre Dame, that is a different story.

Again, I believe ESPN over extended themselves, but what do I know, I am just a lowly, uneducated, poor little aggie. Can never match up with the rich, silver spoon t-sips.

​I do not believe that is a fair comparison. 11 Saturdays out of the year compared to a 24 hour, 7 days a week channel. Not even close.

Again, I believe ESPN over extended themselves, but what do I know, I am just a lowly, uneducated, poor little aggie. Can never match up with the rich, silver spoon t-sips.

Agreed.

I'm not silver spooned. Knew the setup was different. So whether a team is significant or not, people will watch them play.

right now on LHN.....1998 Texas vs. Nebraska football

sec.....women's college basketball

ESPN does very little that isn't profitable.  I would bet a handsome penny it's going to be profitable on the back end.  When you spend 18 months negotiating to get the deal you want with providers, with little to no income coming in during that period, of course it's going to be a losing proposition.  Even with aggy math.  

BUT, the beauty is they are now getting Mack's money each month, and we all appreciate his contribution to our coffers.  We will spend it as quickly as possible.  

From what I've read it was cheaper for ESPN to pay Texas and keep their contracts the same with every conference.  If Texas left and the Big 12 was blown up to make Superconferences, ESPN would be having to up their bids on all new TV deals.  They came out cheaper paying Texas to keep the conference together.  

From what I've read it was cheaper for ESPN to pay Texas and keep their contracts the same with every conference.  If Texas left and the Big 12 was blown up to make Superconferences, ESPN would be having to up their bids on all new TV deals.  They came out cheaper paying Texas to keep the conference together.  

Aggie logic.  I thought the fact that ESPN was paying Texas for its own network is what was threatening to blow up the conference.  Or that's what every single team that left, especially those little Aggies, claimed.  "Waaaahhh!  It's not fair those big bad Longhorns get their own channel!"  "Waaaaah!  Those mean ole Longhorns aren't sharing!"  So which is it?  The chicken or the egg?  

In the end, the conferences are going to merge, and Texas will choose between the PAC 12, Big 1G, and the ACC.  The University would have never approved them joining the SEJCC to begin with.  

They may have to share the $15M a year they get from the LHN, which is almost definitely going to be less than their new shoe deal (which I am sure is going to cause more whining since it will be 4 to 5 times what all the other big schools get, except for Notre Dame and it should be around double or more theirs).  Then we will hear, "why does Nike or Under Armour like Texas more than is??  Why don't they have to share their sneaker money????"

You are starting to catch on ;)

The bottom line is, ESPN, like most huge corporations in the business of marketing their product, wanted to be in business with the biggest brand in the sport.  Much as you fellas hate to acknowledge, that happens to be your big brother down the road.  

#3 top game from 2014 is on ESPNU right now.  Baylor vs TCU. 

That was a great game if you're looking for something to watch. 

Not looking for something to watch. Just trying to show that lots of sports dedicated channels can bore you to tears. The NFL network is really boring sometimes and the NFL has more money than God. I know anything bad about UT really makes your day, but your obsession with LHN's demise is not well founded. Lots of channels struggle but at least we have our own. No apron strings here. Since UT got more than $300 million out of the deal, it's difficult to see where we messed up. 

Not looking for something to watch. Just trying to show that lots of sports dedicated channels can bore you to tears. The NFL network is really boring sometimes and the NFL has more money than God. I know anything bad about UT really makes your day, but your obsession with LHN's demise is not well founded. Lots of channels struggle but at least we have our own. No apron strings here. Since UT got more than $300 million out of the deal, it's difficult to see where we messed up. 

​tu did not mess up. I think ESPN did.