Liberals -- Please Explain!

smitty

Lol funny guys I never heard anyone blame the confederate flag for the murders only pointing out the flag is a symbol of hate and prejudice.  But I understand have to make up stories things are not going you guys way....  carry on. 

It is used by racist groups as their symbol, that was not its original intent.  Why can't u liberals and all the race baiters see that?

Lol funny guys I never heard anyone blame the confederate flag for the murders only pointing out the flag is a symbol of hate and prejudice.  But I understand have to make up stories things are not going you guys way....  carry on. 

​So, you think it was appropriate for the left to go after the flag the way they did so soon after the tragedy?  One has to admit, the left was using the tragedy for their personal agenda.  Remember, it was a DEMOCRAT that said "never let a serious crisis go to waste."  Is this what we've seen here?  If so -- then you tell use who the hateful ones are!!

Edited by smitty

At the rate this is headed with wanting the removal of statues and exhuming bodies from graves, the statue of Sam Houston may be next.  Hell, may have to rename SHSU.  All this because Sam Houston was a slave owner.  Ppl this is all a part of our history, whether we like it or not.  This cannot be expunged like a criminal record, we are going to continue to live with it. Neither a flag, nor a gun caused the tragedy in SC, it was the idiot on the other end.

At the rate this is headed with wanting the removal of statues and exhuming bodies from graves, the statue of Sam Houston may be next.  Hell, may have to rename SHSU.  All this because Sam Houston was a slave owner.  Ppl this is all a part of our history, whether we like it or not.  This cannot be expunged like a criminal record, we are going to continue to live with it. Neither a flag, nor a gun caused the tragedy in SC, it was the idiot on the other end.

​and it cant be forgotten or told to get over it by idiots also. 

​and it cant be forgotten or told to get over it by idiots also. 

It won't be forgotten, but at some some point you can't let what atrocities happened 150 years ago cloud your judgement.  It's the past and will always be the past.  What irritates me is ppl saying the flag caused the shootings in SC.  That's a crock and everybody knows it.  Who is to blame for the black on black killings in Chicago?  I guess that will get twisted back to the flag.  The Chosen One needs to stand up and say that slavery was a bad chapter in our history,  but we can move on from it.  Instead, it seems like he tries to incite the lunacy with his rhetoric.

It won't be forgotten, but at some some point you can't let what atrocities happened 150 years ago cloud your judgement.  It's the past and will always be the past.  What irritates me is ppl saying the flag caused the shootings in SC.  That's a crock and everybody knows it.  Who is to blame for the black on black killings in Chicago?  I guess that will get twisted back to the flag.  The Chosen One needs to stand up and say that slavery was a bad chapter in our history,  but we can move on from it.  Instead, it seems like he tries to incite the lunacy with his rhetoric.

​Would you expect anything different from him?  This is what "community agitators" do! 

​majority of comments off here about the shooting in SC dont even mention the flag being the CAUSE of it. Im big on social media and have not seen it there with the exception of a few idiots also. Guess we not seeing the same thing. I know that arsehole had the flag up in a bunch of his pics, I seen it. 

The flag being the cause of the shooting can be indirectly implied rather than directly stated.  I still want to know why this furor over the flag, if it is indeed so offensive, has not surfaced in the  past with regularity?

​havent seen it implied as well. That flag talk has been going on for years now, I see it every week, its big now AGAIN (by mainstream media) because that arsehole had it in his pictures, otherwise it wouldnt be a topic on mainstream news, just social media and local news. 

​majority of comments off here about the shooting in SC dont even mention the flag being the CAUSE of it. Im big on social media and have not seen it there with the exception of a few idiots also. Guess we not seeing the same thing. I know that arsehole had the flag up in a bunch of his pics, I seen it. 

Buddy I agree  no reasonable person has said the shootings happend over a flag. Just saying the flag is rather intended or not in 2015 is seen as a sign of hate and prejudice to a lot and should be taken down. If we are suppose to move on and forget slavery because its the past.  Why not remove a contant reminder of slavery. Should we all be trying to move forward or just blacks

Edited by PAMFAM10
Wrong words

The flag being the cause of the shooting can be indirectly implied rather than directly stated.  I still want to know why this furor over the flag, if it is indeed so offensive, has not surfaced in the  past with regularity?

They have to wait for the right time, because they know ppl will be paying more attention. 

• 2 weeks later...

Once again I'd like to point out that to 57% of Americans the flag IS NOT perceived as a symbol of hate & prejudice.  While I do understand why some think of it that way, that's no reason to "make it go away".  If we remove all things that any particular group of people don't like, there won't be much left.  

Heck, I bet there's people who'd like to get rid of po dum rite wing peepell lik me lol.  

Once again I'd like to point out that to 57% of Americans the flag IS NOT perceived as a symbol of hate & prejudice.  While I do understand why some think of it that way, that's no reason to "make it go away".  If we remove all things that any particular group of people don't like, there won't be much left.  

Heck, I bet there's people who'd like to get rid of po dum rite wing peepell lik me lol.  

​The Confederate flag is a symbol used by traitors to fight Americans during a Civil War,  brother against brother, son against father, etc. 

​The Confederate flag is a symbol used by traitors to fight Americans during a Civil War,  brother against brother, son against father, etc. 

​i seen a dumb arse on Twin City Hwy yesterday in an old school truck almost run up on an old white lady cause he was so concerned about waving that confederate flag, old lady flicked him off and im sure yelled some obscenities at him afterwards, funny stuff, glad she was ok. 

Excerpt: Our new government ( Rebels) is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; ( opposite of the US Constitution that all men are created equal)  its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

Alexander Stephens -VP of  Confederacy  

He says it clearly what the South was all about and what they represented. This is why so many people are having a problem with the flag and what it represents.