Romo or not?

I have been rough on Tony through the years but this year seems to be different. With a better line leading to a great running game it seems to have eased the pressure off Tony's shoulders and he had played great this season. Last week I didn't see the game but was on the road but one play kind of stuck in my mind as a little troubling. Don't get me wrong the play could have been a lot worse but in the process of taking back to back sacks and getting knocked out of field goal range, holding the ball too long on one of those sacks had me a little worried. The play and outcome of the game from then on was great. But I still find myself in the same spot as this writer;

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12138691. I guess as much as I hate to I have to agree with Jerry, it's going to take a Super Bowl win!

Romo should win MVP this year. He leads in every stat, has the best record and showed how important he was in the Cardinals game. He won against the two best defensive teams and down the stretch of the season put up the best numbers in the history of the NFL for a QB.  That is how good he is.

Romo should win MVP this year. He leads in every stat, has the best record and showed how important he was in the Cardinals game. He won against the two best defensive teams and down the stretch of the season put up the best numbers in the history of the NFL for a QB. That is how good he is.

You threw out some sketchy facts. If by "every stat" you mean 2, then I agree. Not sure how you measure record but I think other QBs had 12 wins. And "down the stretch"? Best numbers in history of NFL? Not sure how that can be debated. Overall, not a bad argument. Just not sure he will be in top 3 of votes.

Romo should win MVP this year. He leads in every stat, has the best record and showed how important he was in the Cardinals game. He won against the two best defensive teams and down the stretch of the season put up the best numbers in the history of the NFL for a QB. That is how good he is.

He had a good year but he not gonna win it...Rodgers out played him on one leg

Lets see, best comp. %, best avg., best QB rating, best fourth quarter rating. The only impressive number Rodgers has over Romo is INT, and it aint much. His numbers for the month of December are historical this year. In the deciding last month of the year Romo's numbers blow away any QB in the league. In a time Dallas needed him the most he delivered with super performance's in the last four game to get into the playoffs and win the division.  Romo had a .800 winning %. Brady, Rodgers, P. Manning,  ended with a .750 winning %.  

This was by far Romo's most consistent and probably best overall year, but I think the MVP for the Cowboys and maybe even the league was Murray. He took the pressure off Romo, along with that line of course, and made this year easier on Romo. He didn't do anything this post season to put a negative look towards him either but I am still waiting to see him truly shine in the pressure of the playoffs. And by that I mean have one of those truly big games and get patsy the second round. I don't think that a super bowl is necessary to validate yourself, just too many variables, but I think Tony needs a little playoff success to offset some of his late season troubles.

Here's the deal, in 2007 Romo had a monster year could have won the MVP that year but a guy named P. Manning had a better year. He had a good O-line, good RBs, great WRs, and a good defense. Since then the O-line has been shaky, RB has not been constant, WR been in and out, defense has been going down every year. So, Dallas leaned on Romo to carry the team. You can only throw so many times in a game before the other team catches on and bad things happen. This year Romo finally almost has a team like Rodgers, Wilson, Brady. A good O-line, a constant RB, WRs that have stayed around and constant, and a defense that played above expectations. Romos ability and talent have always been there. Now he has the tools around him like these other QBs.   

I don't really disagree with what you are saying but the negativity to me in the past as always been more about how much more nervous ,if that's really the right word, and the choice she has made many times in big or pressure filled games. I hope that is all I the past, really haven't see it this year except maybe a play here or there. Murray and that line have done wonders to help that because it was definitely the case of being up to him To at least make the throw so a play could be made. That is why I think he needs some post season success, to prove he can do it under those conditions. He shouldn't feel the pressure now to have to make those Favre type high risk passes, he has other outlets. This season reminded me an awful lot of the triplets hopefully they stay together.

Romo is in the top echelon of NFL QBs. I ask the doubters to rank the QBs in order. Sure you get Brady, Rivers, Brees, and maybe a few others, but then who? Once you get to guys like Andy Dalton you see the difference from the top to the upper-middle. There is a huge drop in play once you get just a little bit down the list.

Lots of teams would love to have Romo. He has played with pain many times, and never complains or makes excuses. He's a pro and I for one appreciate his work.

Eli looked pretty good this year when he had Beckham to throw to. Get him an O-line and a RB and he's a top QB again. As far as Romo goes, right now there are NO better options available. As BS Wildcat said, I'd love to see him as a Texan. Houston has far worse options than Romo.
By the way, NO to the MVP. That should go to J.J. Watt!

Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Luck, Wilson, Rotlisberger, Eli, Romo

Sounds fair enough to me. Always debatable, but solid choices in good order. Thinking Manning needs to find something else to do. His last few games were so painful to watch. Can't see him making it thru another 16 game season and remaining healthy enough to be at his best for the playoffs. Wishing him 40 years of good health over one more Super Bowl.

• 2 weeks later...

NOT ! How long will it take people to figure out that Romo just doesnt have what it takes. Sure, he has had alot of padded numbers against a weak schedule . How many games did he go before beating a team with a winning record ? Guy Sucks Baddddxx

If you're talking about this season that would be week 2.  The COWBOYS beat the titans, who were 1-0 at the time thanks to a week 1 victory over the chiefs.

NOT ! How long will it take people to figure out that Romo just doesnt have what it takes. Sure, he has had alot of padded numbers against a weak schedule . How many games did he go before beating a team with a winning record ? Guy Sucks Baddddxx

If you're talking about this season that would be week 2.  The COWBOYS beat the titans, who were 1-0 at the time thanks to a week 1 victory over the chiefs.