23-3A Folks it's about that time lets BREAK IT DOWN

Buna
Kountze
Warren
EC

Buna will always compete, and will be in the final 4 but dont see them ruling the district over Kountze and to not even have Kirbyville in the picture is crazy...Kountze and Kirbyville will fight it out for the DC...unless you know more than I, which is possible for sure...LOL

Buna will always compete, and will be in the final 4 but dont see them ruling the district over Kountze and to not even have Kirbyville in the picture is crazy...Kountze and Kirbyville will fight it out for the DC...unless you know more than I, which is possible for sure...LOL

Complete error on my part,
Kirbyvulle
Buna
Kountze
Warren.

Sorry, was half asleep at work. Really think the top 3 wI'll be a dogfight.

I'm behind Kountze 100% but to me they have a tendency to commit way to many errors. Losing E is a big loss because with him on the bump the chances for committing those errors was cut way back because nobody hardly hit him. Kountze does have the talent but they have to play fundamental baseball and get rid of the errors. Error free ball and they battle for the DC, if not probably 3rd.

Kirbyville

Buna

Kountze

Warren

I think the top three all have a shot at the title.  I do not really have anything concrete to put Buna over Kountze, it is just a feeling.  I think with what Kirbyville has returning, and how well they did last year they deserve to be the preseason favorite.  I give Warren the fourth spot based on pitching.  My son is a sophomore, and I am pretty familiar with most of the sophomores in the area, as we have played summer ball with several different teams.  I know Kountze has Hunter Smart (former Gladiator) and Hunter Walston (Banditos).  Warren has Kelby Weyler (Gladiator) and I think he will be the difference in getting that fourth spot.  Kirbyville has Chet Jones (Gladiator), and I believe eight returning starters.  Not real sure on what Buna or EC has in that age group, but I do know Buna has some really good athletes. Anahuac has Caleb Edmunds (Gladiator) who is finally healthy and supposedly hitting well, and Savio Fontenot (Xtreme).  Know nothing about Hardin, and my nephew plays for Deweyville, but I do not think they have much as far as pitching.  You asked for opinions, and I am just throwing mine out there.  Wish all of the teams an injury free season, and can't wait to get rolling.  I do believe the Rebels will only play Kirbyville at their tourney, and we usually scrimmage Buna early.  

Kirbyville
Buna
Kountze
Warren

I think the top three all have a shot at the title. I do not really have anything concrete to put Buna over Kountze, it is just a feeling. I think with what Kirbyville has returning, and how well they did last year they deserve to be the preseason favorite. I give Warren the fourth spot based on pitching. My son is a sophomore, and I am pretty familiar with most of the sophomores in the area, as we have played summer ball with several different teams. I know Kountze has Hunter Smart (former Gladiator) and Hunter Walston (Banditos). Warren has Kelby Weyler (Gladiator) and I think he will be the difference in getting that fourth spot. Kirbyville has Chet Jones (Gladiator), and I believe eight returning starters. Not real sure on what Buna or EC has in that age group, but I do know Buna has some really good athletes. Anahuac has Caleb Edmunds (Gladiator) who is finally healthy and supposedly hitting well, and Savio Fontenot (Xtreme). Know nothing about Hardin, and my nephew plays for Deweyville, but I do not think they have much as far as pitching. You asked for opinions, and I am just throwing mine out there. Wish all of the teams an injury free season, and can't wait to get rolling. I do believe the Rebels will only play Kirbyville at their tourney, and we usually scrimmage Buna early.

Weyler could be the best pitcher in that district as a sophomore.

Weyler could be the best pitcher in that district as a sophomore.

Glad to here there is some young talent coming up in the district...I always can appreciate folks having an opinion. The part mentioned above about Kountze committing errors has been an issue, but these kids are now a year plus seasoned as we'll so hope that helps. Second, this year our hitting is going to much better and honestly hitting can make up for a lot. As far as pitching goes, Kountze is deeper than they probably have ever been and with guys that can ratchet things up deliver multiple pitchs (as in speed and direction change) plus having two lefty guys is a big help. I will go with Kirbyville on top to start the season because they did go further and it's deserved.

10 days after today...how is your pre-district season / tournament season stacking up. I think Kountze is going to be challenged playing several ranked teams. Some of them are 4-A and some 3-A, but probably the most aggressive schedule Kountze Baseball has seen. Kountze will be ready for district. We don't see district until 3/17...Kountze and Kirbyville don't scrap it out until 3/23! That's like 2 months...wow. Mark it down folks because that game will go a long way in sketching out the DC. I HAVE HEARD A LOT about how weak various teams wil be in district, but not completely buying it...heard all that trash before and normally I am like WTH. I take no one for granted...but I still think in the long haul it will come down to Kountze and Kirbyville. If you disagree than lets here it...heck if you agree maybe you got a little different spin...let's here it. Hardin, Deweyville, EC, AP....you guys alive?

I could not find all schools Pre-district schedules but here is what I did find

Buna

Beaumont Legacy 

Corrigan-Camden           Woodville Tournament

Huntington                      Woodville Tournament

Splendora                       Woodville Tournament

Coldspring                      Woodville Tournament

#9 Bridge City    

West Orange-Stark        Kirbyville  Tournament

Hamshire-Fannett          Kirbyville  Tournament

Garrison                         Kirbyville  Tournament

Ozen                              Kirbyville  Tournament

Kountze

CAMERON YOE           BELL RIVALS CLASSIC

#17 LUFKIN HUDSON  BELL RIVALS CLASSIC

BOERNE                      BELL RIVALS CLASSIC

LIBERTY                      BELL RIVALS CLASSIC

ROCKDALE                 BELL RIVALS CLASSIC

#5 LAVERNIA               YOAKUM TOURNAMENT    

INDUSTRIAL                YOAKUM TOURNAMENT   

NEEDVILLE                 YOAKUM TOURNAMENT

#7 HALLETTSVILLE    YOAKUM TOURNAMENT

#9 BRIDGE CITY         JASPER TOURNAMENT

LC-M                           JASPER TOURNAMENT     

JASPER                      JASPER TOURNAMENT

Kirbyville

Corrigan-Camden                     Groveton/Trinity Tournament  

Trinity                                        Groveton/Trinity Tournament

Groveton                                   Groveton/Trinity Tournament

Cleveland                                  Groveton/Trinity Tournament

#23 Colmesneil                          Evadale Tournament                        

#25 West Sabine                       Evadale Tournament  

Big Sandy                                   Evadale Tournament

Steamboat Springs Co.              Evadale Tournament

Hamshire-Fannett                      Kirbyville Tournament

Woodville                                   Kirbyville Tournament

#20 Evadale                              Kirbyville Tournament

Ozen                                          Kirbyville Tournament

Warren

Big Sandy

Onalaska

Frankston Tournament

Franklin Tournament