23-3A Folks it's about that time lets BREAK IT DOWN

THSB predicts

1. Kirbyville

2. Kountze

3. Buna

4. Warren

I think it will be between Kountze and Kirbyville but dont sleep on Buna they might suprise some folks.

I know Kountze has a tough pre-district schedule.  I think this will prepare Kountze well for district

2-26 vs 4A #17 Lufkin Hudson

3-5   vs 4A # 5 La Vernia

3-7   vs 3A # 7 Halletsville

3-12 vs 4A # 9 Bridge City

I think for Buna it comes down to when basketball ends. With Kreston and Joe both playing basketball it might take I little bit for them to get back into the baseball groove but by the time district rolls around they should be fine. I'm not sure about other schools but I know Kountze will have their starting lineup ready from day one of the season.

No team would charish the loss of an Ethan Franklin, but Kountze has three right handers all mid 80's and one lefty that's a great off speed guy and another lefty that is solid upper 80's plus two other right hand relief guys that are solid strike throwers. We have the entire order back less one and the entire defense back less one. We picked up a true varsity guy from the JV that should have played varsity last year but due to UIL issues he could not. Hole??? Don't see it...an adjustment: yes.

Dang with that Pitching Kountze should be able to win it all at any level. That's an awesome amount of kids all throwing mid 80's or above all on one team.

I am sure folks may be skeptical but I saw the Radar gun on everyone of these kids thru out the Summer and Fall.  I dont daddy radar...I do want to clarify one thing about my statement. they are not going to live at that velo, because they do not have that ability but to live a couple of MPH less and dig deeper to achieve a higher velo, is in the ballpark. oh and hitting mid 80's is not the chore it used to be because these kids, playing today, have seen velocity and hit velocity...if anything off speed and change of direction offers a much greater challenge unless u are talking low-mid and upper 90's and then obviously as you reach proffessional velos hitting gets tougher. IMO 

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I was honestly saying that impressed. I don't know if anyone on our team last year got near that and we were able to go 3 rds should've been 4. That many on one team that should kill it.

I did not think that bud...more for folks like the post that followed yours. Right hander, Ryder Lognion played all summer for Banditos and even made the all tournament team in Atlanta during WWBA Nats for pitching 82-84 hitting 85. Right hander, Chad Young 1 month ago at Premier Baseball in Tomball 83-85 hitting 86. Right hander, Hunter Walston ( another Bandito prospect) 82-84 hitting 85. Left Hander, Stevie Fregia played in multiple events this summer including Perfect Game Fort Myers National event solid off speed great movement. Hey it's not like Kirbyville does not have some heat...they got some hard throwers as well.

1. Kirbyville
2. Buna
3. Kountze
4. East Chambers/Warren

This district is loaded. Any of the top 3 could win it. But this is where I stand as of now.Kirbyville will have sticks throughout the line-up. Jackson Gore is probably one of the best individual players in the district along with Marshall from Kountze. And they have two or three solid arms. Kountze is young and unproven, but have some solid arms. Their question will be in their lineup. Can they score enough runs to stay in games with solid offensive teams like Buna and Kirbyville? If they can, I expect them to compete for the title.

what does woodville look like in their new district?

That district is loaded in the top 5. CH, Garrison, Hemphill, Pollock Central, and Woodville will compete for the playoff spots in that district. And Corrigan surprises people every couple of years. Woodville will be like they have in evevery other sport this year...young. lost a couple players to transfer, but gained a couple with alot of potential as well. Still alot of question marks in my mind. But I guess we will all see come January 20th.

Kountze will start 7 seniors that all started as juniors and 5 that made all district and 2nd round of playoffs 2 years in a row. Last year they beat 3A and 2A state ranked teams and lost a few close games to other 3A ranked teams and were ranked as high as #18 in the 2A polls last year. I do not buy into the young and unproven theory

Kountze will start 7 seniors that all started as juniors and 5 that made all district and 2nd round of playoffs 2 years in a row. Last year they beat 3A and 2A state ranked teams and lost a few close games to other 3A ranked teams and were ranked as high as #18 in the 2A polls last year. I do not buy into the young and unproven theory

You make valid points. And I can say, that changes my opinion a little bit. But, contrary to what may be the truth, alot of people believe that losing Ethan was a loss that puts Kountze a step behind where they were last year. I am not completely convinced that this is untrue. I guess this is where the unproven part comes into play. Can they win the same way without that completely dominating force on the mound? Not to mention the loss of his stick.

No doubt Franklin is a big loss on the mound.  The pitcher that replaces him throws about 10 mph slower but that is still low to mid 80's according to reports.  The same players bat is about equal as Franklins bat is and probably just a bit better in the field that Franklin IMHO.  No Kountze will not have that Dominate person on the mound as last year but I think their pitching rotation will be pretty solid.

You make valid points. And I can say, that changes my opinion a little bit. But, contrary to what may be the truth, alot of people believe that losing Ethan was a loss that puts Kountze a step behind where they were last year. I am not completely convinced that this is untrue. I guess this is where the unproven part comes into play. Can they win the same way without that completely dominating force on the mound? Not to mention the loss of his stick.

I have spent more time around these kids this summer and fall than anyone. Put it on the calendar, mark my words, chisel it in stone, write it in blood and DNA test it! Our pitching is over all more solid than last year, our offense will be way more solid than last year and our defense is more solid than last year...these things I say are and will hold true. Kirbyville will be a tough district foe, Buna always competes but Kountze will take care of business. I know what our pitching staff is capable of because I have watched them compete and win with zero shellings several times this past summer and fall against as good or better talent than is in this district. Offense and defense...no different.

I have spent more time around these kids this summer and fall than anyone. Put it on the calendar, mark my words, chisel it in stone, write it in blood and DNA test it! Our pitching is over all more solid than last year, our offense will be way more solid than last year and our defense is more solid than last year...these things I say are and will hold true. Kirbyville will be a tough district foe, Buna always competes but Kountze will take care of business. I know what our pitching staff is capable of because I have watched them compete and win with zero shellings several times this past summer and fall against as good or better talent than is in this district. Offense and defense...no different...I feel the whole "Franklins gone thing" but nevertheless, Kountze will be fine.