Free Community College

Mr. Buddy Garrity

That's something to be thankful for. Considering that taxes don't discriminate why is it only the right who's always quick to oppose helping people in need.

I think it's the definition of "need" that causes the debate. ... people who "need" help aren't. ... or shouldn't be entitled to a life style anywhere close to those who work for what the have. ... basic. ... and I mean basic food needs. ... basic housing. ... nothing more than what keeps you warm. .. dry. .. and alive.... in other words. ... so basic. .. one will do any job to get off of gov assistance. ... in fact cash payments should be less than min wage. .

That's something to be thankful for. Considering that taxes don't discriminate why is it only the right who's always quick to oppose helping people in need.

PAM, how many do you think is on welfare that DOES NOT need it?  How often does the fed, state, or local governments keep score on who actually needs it and who are leeches?  And, PAM, let me continue to remind -- there is nothing FREE.  Taxpayers have the right to question whether or not the welfare system is being abused.

You're missing my point I'm only 22 in not finish with school yet I have a job and I pay taxes. It never cross my mind about the abusers on welfare because in reality how much do they take outfrom my check. Some make it seem like they're paying millions of dollars. I no it adds up. I don't have a problem saying we can use some of that money for other things. Just making a point It's a little pinch that can make a big difference to someone less fortunate. I can't and refuse to debate on the leaches. I'll just say something should be done about it.

If your only 22 than you are younger than my kids and I know you have had the same opportunities in school and any other walks in life my kids have and your father had the same opportunities that I did so dont cry that victim BS to me!

You believe just like the big govt. guys want you to believe "its just a little bit" and soon that will add up to alot. How would you feel about only bringing home half of your paycheck every month? Because your probably closer than you think!

That is why Ben Carson said that everyone needs to pay income taxes. He believes in progressive taxes as we have today where the more you make, the higher your taxes are. But we have a huge percentage of the public that pays no taxes and others that not only get back no taxes but get a "return" without paying any. How do you pay nothing in and yet get some "back"? 

Carson's belief is that if you are paying taxes out of your salary no matter what and if spending goes up, so does your taxes, you might have a different opinion on spending. It is quite easy when you are voting to spend another person's money. It is not so easy when it comes out of your pocket. I vote that since the medical field costs go up way more than the rate of inflation, all members of that industry are making more money than they deserve and therefore need to pay more taxes. There are way more non-healthcare workers than there are workers so let's vote that into law. 

See how easy that is when you aren't the one paying the bill?

I have not much of a clue what else Carson stands for but in at least that example, he is entirely correct. In his words, when you have "skin in the game", you have a different opinion. 

If your only 22 than you are younger than my kids and I know you have had the same opportunities in school and any other walks in life my kids have and your father had the same opportunities that I did so dont cry that victim BS to me!

You either can't comprehend or just like screaming out nonsense. When did I ever complain. You're the one complaining. I'm smart enough to realize for whatever reason in life people will need a helping hand. And if taxing me a couple cents which I have no use for anyway can help someone get a college degree I'm all in for it. I won't beat my chest like a dammmm guerrilla and say no I did it without help so can you. I just don't think like that I wasnt raised like that. Again I pay taxes just like you.

I am taxed enough and dont need to be taxed anymore until so many nonsense programs are done away with!. PamFam you do know that if you would like you can contribute more money to the IRS than what you owe, so after your statements I would expect you to do just that but just like so many do gooders you probably offer more lip service than action!

You either can't comprehend or just like screaming out nonsense. When did I ever complain. You're the one complaining. I'm smart enough to realize for whatever reason in life people will need a helping hand. And if taxing me a couple cents which I have no use for anyway can help someone get a college degree I'm all in for it. I won't beat my chest like a dammmm guerrilla and say no I did it without help so can you. I just don't think like that I wasnt raised like that. Again I pay taxes just like you.

I understand where you are coming from....but here is the deal.....the older you get, hopefully the more money you make, but then your tax rate will increase.....and it will be much more than "a couple cents".....add to that..... mortgage, car notes (at least two if married), medical insurance, car insurance, house insurance, property tax, school tax,,,,,,,

The older you get, the more important taxes will be become......trust me, I thought like you when I was your age.

You're missing my point I'm only 22 in not finish with school yet I have a job and I pay taxes. It never cross my mind about the abusers on welfare because in reality how much do they take outfrom my check. Some make it seem like they're paying millions of dollars. I no it adds up. I don't have a problem saying we can use some of that money for other things. Just making a point It's a little pinch that can make a big difference to someone less fortunate. I can't and refuse to debate on the leaches. I'll just say something should be done about it.

I don't know you young man, but I really admire your "Spirit" God has in you. To be so young & understand that God put us here to be a help to others. Don't let Politics take that away from you. I understand both sides of this issue, All I'm saying is don't get lost in it. You can & will make a difference. God Bless

I don't know you young man, but I really admire your "Spirit" God has in you. To be so young & understand that God put us here to be a help to others. Don't let Politics take that away from you. I understand both sides of this issue, All I'm saying is don't get lost in it. You can & will make a difference. God Bless

Bold part above, I couldn't agree with this more.  But -- the difference between a liberal and conservative, is that we believe People should help People and NOT laying it off on the government through forceable confiscatory tax rates.  Just think about it:  Which one makes more sense?

Bold part above, I couldn't agree with this more.  But -- the difference between a liberal and conservative, is that we believe People should help People and NOT laying it off on the government through forceable confiscatory tax rates.  Just think about it:  Which one makes more sense?

I'm not in Politics, so I'll Pray those guys can come up with a soulution we All can live with. Notice I didn't say a solution to make us All Happy. A Wise man once told me that there will be someone in HEAVEN asking God, What am I supposed to do with these Wings, why is the Honey so Sweet?

:lol: 

As the saying goes: "If you're not liberal at 20, you have no heart - If you're not conservative by 40, you have no brain" 

Not 40 but 30...The quote is credited to Winston Churchill and the age was thirty not forty. Also American Liberalism is not the same thing as to what Sir Winston Churchill was talking about when he said Liberal.