Chargois on short list for West Orange-Cove super

Bigdog

Former Beaumont Independent School District superintendent Dr. Timothy Chargois did not get the job as interim superintendent with West Orange-Cove Consolidated School District. 

Board members voted four to three against hiring Chargois. 

He was one of 17 applicants for the job. 

The board is looking to replace James Colbert, who resigned in October to take a job in Houston. 

The board also failed to come to a decision on hiring a search firm to find the interim superintendent. 

There is no timetable now on when that might happen.

really 4-3???????    SMH

pretty insane to me that it was only one vote that kept him out. I'm all for people getting second chances, but I would assume his probably needs to be at a lower level than Superintendent.

I was told by someone who I consider to be an extremely reliable source that he had "no shot" at getting the job. I didn't ask nor was I given an explanation. I can only assume now that the person knew four people would definitely vote no.

I was told by someone who I consider to be an extremely reliable source that he had "no shot" at getting the job. I didn't ask nor was I given an explanation. I can only assume now that the person knew four people would definitely vote no.

3 out of 7 voted for him. that alone should tell you something about WOS.

Many including the Enterprise are caught up in the perception that he was recommend as the permanent superintendent. He was recommended as the interim as they searched for a permanent superintendent. Granted, those that recommended him probably had permanent plans in mind. Truth of the matter is, he probably would have done ok on an interim level but as the Enterprise points out that a portion of the board was not concerned about the perception or image of WOC is disappointing and concerning.