Angleton vs. Dayton

dayton

Yeah, I think we (Angleton) have some payback to get from Dayton. I'm not talking about regular season games, but playoff playback. I believe back in 2002 we played the Broncos and lost in the area round 31-14. I expect a heck of a game. I was hoping for Pasadena memorial stadium or Channelview, but Veterans stadium you are sitting real close to the action so that will be nice.

Yeah, I think we (Angleton) have some payback to get from Dayton. I'm not talking about regular season games, but playoff playback. I believe back in 2002 we played the Broncos and lost in the area round 31-14. I expect a heck of a game. I was hoping for Pasadena memorial stadium or Channelview, but Veterans stadium you are sitting real close to the action so that will be nice.

That was a bruiser of a game in 02 from what I remember of the personnel and the stories I've heard. I thought the same thing about that stadium. Not sure if we've played there.

2002 31-14 correct *2010 Angleton 24-17  *2011 Angleton 35-27

I hear Angleton is the home team, but last week I read Angleton would be the home team only to find out at the game that they were wearing white.

I recall Dayton had a bruiser of a running back on that 2002 team that we couldn't stop. Dayton ended up losing that next week 7-3. Don't remember who the team was they lost to.

As far as the stadium, Angleton alumni are very familiar with Veterans Memorial when we played there numerous times while in the ccisd district. I played on that field back in the late 80s, early 90s and from what I remember, there as a very small sideline from the edge of the stands to the playing field. It should be a fun game to watch. And yes traffic could be bad. CCISD is building another stadium set to open next year and it looks very impressive.

I hear Angleton is the home team, but last week I read Angleton would be the home team only to find out at the game that they were wearing white.

I recall Dayton had a bruiser of a running back on that 2002 team that we couldn't stop. Dayton ended up losing that next week 7-3. Don't remember who the team was they lost to.

As far as the stadium, Angleton alumni are very familiar with Veterans Memorial when we played there numerous times while in the ccisd district. I played on that field back in the late 80s, early 90s and from what I remember, there as a very small sideline from the edge of the stands to the playing field. It should be a fun game to watch. And yes traffic could be bad. CCISD is building another stadium set to open next year and it looks very impressive.

Lamar Mitchel was the beast of a running back that we had in 2002. We lost to Contoe Oak Ridge 3rd round.

I'm ready for Friday. Offense just had a turnover free game and put 21 more pts on PNG than anyone has all year. Most pts dayton has scored all year and would have had more yards than any game this year but PNG kept only making dayton drive 50 yds for tds. If Dayton can shore up the defense I think round 3 will be Dayton's next stop.

That's the same thing I said at halftime of our game have to work on that one side of our defense #32 burned us all night but they have a week to work on that. I'm still very proud of all our players one heck a job Saturday night. I would have sat through a hurricane to watch those Broncos play their game, now go get Angleton this coming Friday night it's payback time for the Broncos.

Go Broncos 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering if any of you guys have watched Angleton play this year? I know I haven't seen Dayton play so I can't make a prediction on this game. By looking at the scores that the Broncos have given up, I would say Angleton may light up the scoreboard this Friday. But predicting this game would be hard. I'll just say the team wearing purple will win. lol

Just wondering if any of you guys have watched Angleton play this year? I know I haven't seen Dayton play so I can't make a prediction on this game. By looking at the scores that the Broncos have given up, I would say Angleton may light up the scoreboard this Friday. But predicting this game would be hard. I'll just say the team wearing purple will win. lol

Crosby handled Angleton the second game of the year at Angleton. Try not to compare matchups but Dayton has a great shot in this one.

So your going off of a game played back in September? I'm sure Crosby or Dayton aren't the same team from back in week 1. If that was the case Dayton may not be playing now by how bad they looked early on, but they turned it around. Same can be said about Angleton and after playing against the caliber of teams like GR and Foster, I think they're ready for anything. We'll see how this turns out.