Angleton vs. Dayton

dayton

I'm not saying they didn't... I'm saying he better had started McBride or he would've got booed out of the stadium...I was answering a question that someone asked...I know what kind of stats he had and how many points was scored, you don't have to keep reminding me!!!

did I mention Kyle had a good game. I was actually answering that same question you were it wasn't directed at you.

Had Elgin tied going into the 4th and lost one of the twins on an atrocious night of wind, rain, and sleet. #12 came in and seemed a little shell shocked but gained some valuable experience that has helped him this year. The team is gonna go as far as he can take us and you can't help but pull for his success as he is a great kid and tough competitor. Get past Calhoun this week and we'll be ready for that rematch!!!

Had Elgin tied going into the 4th and lost one of the twins on an atrocious night of wind, rain, and sleet. #12 came in and seemed a little shell shocked but gained some valuable experience that has helped him this year. The team is gonna go as far as he can take us and you can't help but pull for his success as he is a great kid and tough competitor. Get past Calhoun this week and we'll be ready for that rematch!!!

Coldest night I sat thru a hs fb game in many moons,just when Crosby was making a comeback,Qb Walters got hurt,tried to go but couldn't.Good luck Coogs Elgin not the beast they were then -HC he went elsewhere since.Pounce on the Sandcrabs early/often

I think Dayton wins this one in a shootout. Dayton has little to no chance of stopping Angleton's run game but conversely the Cats will struggle to stop the Bronco's passing attack. Angleton is a lot more physically imposing than Dayton but I think they can negate that advantage if they get Keener and McBride in space. Oh yeah, note to Dayton: it's ok to run the ball before the 4th quarter.

Unless the 'Cats can run the ball more consistent I don't see them winning the game. The running game is good but nowhere near great. Passing game is pretty much non existent with the QB afraid to pull the trigger and is blind to wide open receivers. But unless something changes from now until Friday Dayton should win but I expect the Angleton D to keep it close. That is unless the offense turns the ball over.

I don't really buy this. The Bronx should and are certainly approaching this Angleton team like every other Angleton team. A big, fast, and physical team, that executes really well.

I don't really buy this. The Bronx should and are certainly approaching this Angleton team like every other Angleton team. A big, fast, and physical team, that executes really well.

Every other Angleton team (08-present) had more depth and speed in the backfield. The speed now on the team is nowhere near the teams from the past. Other posters have stated without some sort of passing game you will not advance and that is true. This team has no passing game. Like I said I think Angleton's D will keep it close but if Dayton has their way with them it'll be a long night for the Cats. I personally think Roarks offense just can't be ran with 2 decent runners which is all they have or should I say use. If he would line up Waddy #21 at RB it would make the offense more of a threat.

Wildcat979, I wouldn't say they don't have a passing game, just not a consistant passing game. QB Jackson has thrown for over 600 yards and actually threw for 2 scores last week and another against Foster. In that Foster game I counted 4 dropped passes that were on the money. Now you look at programs like El Campo that maybe has 50 yards passing all season, or Calhoun that has the same amount, now those teams have no passing game, but the run the ball extremely well. Angleton isn't going to change anytime soon. They are a run heavy football team and have been good at it for a while now.

And yes they don't have that breakaway runner in the backfield, besides Jackson. But Hall and Franklin are big, physical runners. I hope we can make a game of this.

Yeah Angleton will always be a run heavy team but what I'm getting at is the running game is good not great with a below average passing game. That'll win you district games but come playoffs it just won't get you far. I'm hoping we can make a game of it also, but it also will not surprise me if its not close.

Dayton's defense has been suspect all year we did rise to the task against Crosby but haven't been consistent enough to make me feel comfortable for the play-offs. I hope we get our QB back for the Angleton game like always Dayton vs Angleton should be a dog fight !

Yeah Angleton will always be a run heavy team but what I'm getting at is the running game is good not great with a below average passing game. That'll win you district games but come playoffs it just won't get you far. I'm hoping we can make a game of it also, but it also will not surprise me if its not close.

man y'all trying to jinx my broncos. Lol. I have never seen a weak Angleton team.

Hey Angleton fans - not to hijack the thread but did you see both Crosby and PL Calhoun this year?  If so, what are your honest thoughts on the match-up based on seeing both teams? That precision flexbone they run has got me nervous. We have had defensive lapses (See Vidor, 2011) when trying to defend that sort of stuff.

Also - I think the winner of this will beat Hutto or Waller. This should be a dogfight Friday night. Good luck to Dayton - our rivals and district brothers!

Angleton has always been a run first team. Stop the run & make them pass. Angleton will have some athletes. I see a track meet. Too close to call. Don't know anything about Hutto but I wouldn't want Waller. They have always given Dayton fits & will hit you in the mouth.

Waller always been pretty much a run team & most yrs they have hosses to move the chains.First things 1st we got bussiness this week to tend to