WOS Mustangs vs Giddings Buffaloes

tennisbc

NO TIME TO RELAX THIS FRIDAY.the kids will be playing a very good solid team in giddings,if the mustangs come out cold it might be a long night and a long drive home.but on the other hand if they come out on fire WATCH OUT ,i do not know anything about giddings i feel sure they are good and ready to knock heads.

Do you think you could make up your mind? You sure your not in congress? 

This years WOS team no doubt is a quality ball club but if you want to compare them to last years team then that could be misleading. Just ask yourself a question, would this years team handle the same opponents like last years team in district and playoffs. I feel like last year was WOS chance to make it to state but a few mistakes on players and coaches and we lost to a team WOS should have beat. JMO

There is no doubt this years schedule was tougher than last years. 

To a certain extent. I Don't know the exact stats, but I do know we didn't have any back to run for more than 200 yards against a very good defense. We have a very healthy balance this year. And I believe we've gotten better with that balance at the right time.

I don't know if  would call it exactly a balanced offense. Yes, there has been a few games where we ran the ball well. However, in my mind for their to balanced we have to run the ball well every game. IMO I just don't believe we are quite there. Are we better than in years past, yes I believe we are.

I don't know if would call it exactly a balanced offense. Yes, there has been a few games where we ran the ball well. However, in my mind for their to balanced we have to run the ball well every game. IMO I just don't believe we are quite there. Are we better than in years past, yes I believe we are.

My question is, why would you run the ball when they can't stop the pass? IMO, balance is when you effectively work your game plan (passing or running), against the defense. The best example I can give to that is the HJ game.

HJ, OF, and HF were all much better this year than last year as well. that made the schedule tougher. WOS won all those games comfortably, but they were a far cry from their traditional 60-0 beatdowns.

And to add... PNG was better, LCM was better, we didn't play anyone close to RF early on last year and Newton was good, too. Our strength of schedule is #3 in all of 4A this year by The Old Coach.com.

Five of the teams we've played this year are still alive in round 2.

Mustangs have it all together: tougher schedule, 5 teams played still in the playoffs, win over Scarborough, unstoppable offense, shutdown defense. Anything less than a trip to Arlington will be a major disappointment.

HJ, OF, and HF were all much better this year than last year as well. that made the schedule tougher. WOS won all those games comfortably, but they were a far cry from their traditional 60-0 beatdowns.

I disagree with that statement except for HJ! OF was better last year in a tougher district, and HF about the same. Silsbee was a tough opponent last year, not like this year, I am pretty sure that if you take this years team against the opponents we faced last year and we might see a different outcome that would not be favorable to WOS. JMO Also look at the squad Jasper had last year compared to their team this year! I know its hard to compare this way but this is just the difference in opinions. No harm! Go STANGS!!!! What about on the defense, this year vs last year, points allowed?

And to add... PNG was better, LCM was better, we didn't play anyone close to RF early on last year and Newton was good, too. Our strength of schedule is #3 in all of 4A this year by The Old Coach.com.

Five of the teams we've played this year are still alive in round 2.

Its all opinions! WOS did drop from D1 to DII. PNG was not better this year than last! Okay 4 teams make playoff in a 5 team district. LCM better? I guess because they made the playoffs in a weak district.

For some reason I can't quote on here:

To VNUPE, on the balanced attack, I agree about running the ball on HJ. I think we have perhaps a difference on how we define balanced. I agree that with HJ so worried about our passing game we had to run. I definately agree our run game is much better than last year for whatever reason. The game I look at however is the Foster game, a quality oppenent that we really could not run the ball when we needed to. Have we got better since then, I believe so, but do we KNOW so? When I say balanced attack in my mind I mean can you both run and pass the ball even when the other team is trying to take it away. To run the same as you pass in each game, to make it harder to gameplan against you. I suspect that people will try to take our pass away and force us to run, based on our rep if nothing else. We will have to run the ball from here on out to get where we want to be.

To Falcon69, please stop with the Mustang envy. Just face it, I know you say your not a huff and puff fan, sorry I just don't believe you. Face it, WOS is way better than Huff and Puff every year. Just ease up and become a Stang fan.

For some reason I can't quote on here:

To VNUPE, on the balanced attack, I agree about running the ball on HJ. I think we have perhaps a difference on how we define balanced. I agree that with HJ so worried about our passing game we had to run. I definately agree our run game is much better than last year for whatever reason. The game I look at however is the Foster game, a quality oppenent that we really could not run the ball when we needed to. Have we got better since then, I believe so, but do we KNOW so? When I say balanced attack in my mind I mean can you both run and pass the ball even when the other team is trying to take it away. To run the same as you pass in each game, to make it harder to gameplan against you. I suspect that people will try to take our pass away and force us to run, based on our rep if nothing else. We will have to run the ball from here on out to get where we want to be.

To Falcon69, please stop with the Mustang envy. Just face it, I know you say your not a huff and puff fan, sorry I just don't believe you. Face it, WOS is way better than Huff and Puff every year. Just ease up and become a Stang fan.

That's a very good point, my friend. As far as Richmond Foster is concerned, I seriously doubt that we will see another defense like theirs for the rest of the playoffs. I Think we've learned more about how to attack a defense that blitzes like they did. Jack has definitely gotten more comfortable with his receivers. So overall, I think we've gotten better.

I disagree with that statement except for HJ! OF was better last year in a tougher district, and HF about the same. Silsbee was a tough opponent last year, not like this year, I am pretty sure that if you take this years team against the opponents we faced last year and we might see a different outcome that would not be favorable to WOS. JMO Also look at the squad Jasper had last year compared to their team this year! I know its hard to compare this way but this is just the difference in opinions. No harm! Go STANGS!!!! What about on the defense, this year vs last year, points allowed?

HF picked up two extra wins this year over last year, and played a VERY good buna team to within a TD, and also kept it interesting with a VERY good HJ team.

Orangefield had the same regular season record last season as this year, but has advanced to the second round this year, and I'd argue they're every bit as good as last year's team, if not a little better. so i'll give you the point on OF, but not HF.

HF picked up two extra wins this year over last year, and played a VERY good buna team to within a TD, and also kept it interesting with a VERY good HJ team.

Orangefield had the same regular season record last season as this year, but has advanced to the second round this year, and I'd argue they're every bit as good as last year's team, if not a little better. so i'll give you the point on OF, but not HF.

Could it be that this years district might not be as tough as last years district? Or maybe every team in this district is not as good as last years team that why the scores were closer this year than last years. OF had the two Wiley boys and they were good athletes so honestly I just don't see it! WOS chain gang last year was off the charts, allowing very few points.

I believe both he and orange field are better teams this year! Yes the Mustangs defense was great last year but I believe we relied too much on it! This year I believe our offense is just as good as our defense! The young qb has definitely stepped up big lately and the running game is also there! I believe the biggest threat to the stands right now is the stangs themselves! As long as we don't beat ourselves we can beat anybody! Jmo