WOS Mustangs vs Giddings Buffaloes

tennisbc

I doubt if they need that much motivation. Some of the current seniors on this team have been to the regional finals the last three years. Their goal is to get to state. They've been here before. They know what it takes. We have tremendous leadership from these guys, IMO.

You are right, Nupe. It's that time of yearforthose leaders to show the way. And I know they will. It's that time where leadership is SO important. Glad we have them! ;)

I know Scarborough was not a challenge for us, but I wonder what makes people think that this team is not focused.

It's not a knock on our players. It's just human nature for teenage kids to slip into a lackadaisical state after having a week off, then playing a gimme game like last night. We did slip up against Newton, so it can happen. I don't expect it will, but cause for concern is not a crazy thought. 

It's not a knock on our players. It's just human nature for teenage kids to slip into a lackadaisical state after having a week off, then playing a gimme game like last night. We did slip up against Newton, so it can happen. I don't expect it will, but cause for concern is not a crazy thought.

I know what you mean. But if we had Mandel and Deionte for all 4 quarters, the Newton game, arguably, would have been different IMO.

Looking at Giddings scores from the season, it does look like they can score some points, but it also looks like they can give up alot too.

Here is the breakdown on wins and losses.

W- 52-35 Gonzales 4-6 team
W- 34-31 Wemberley 7-3
W- 19-16 Columbus 3-8
W- 35-28 Sealy 5-5
W- 56-0 Salado 0-10
W- 49-0 Smithville 2-8
W- 31-14 Wharton 6-4

L- 21-35 Bellville 9-1
L- 31-62 Cuero 8-2
L- 39-56 La Grange 10-0
L- 32-33 Caldwell 6-4

Seem to have problems with teams .500 and over.Only three of their seven wins have come against teams over.500.All four losses have been to teams that were above.500.They have only managed two wins in a row twice.Their last seven games have been win then a loss.
Giddings has a good ball club and I expect them to be a test but WO-S will stop that run game of theirs or slow it down.

what kind of speed does Giddings have? I know WO s have good speed.

From what I have seen in the past they have decent speed. But they play fundamental sound ball. WOS has the speed advantage. But they usually do against most teams. I got WOS winning this one.
WOS 45
Giddings 21

Here is the breakdown on wins and losses.

W- 52-35 Gonzales 4-6 team
W- 34-31 Wemberley 7-3
W- 19-16 Columbus 3-8
W- 35-28 Sealy 5-5
W- 56-0 Salado 0-10
W- 49-0 Smithville 2-8
W- 31-14 Wharton 6-4

L- 21-35 Bellville 9-1
L- 31-62 Cuero 8-2
L- 39-56 La Grange 10-0
L- 32-33 Caldwell 6-4

Seem to have problems with teams .500 and over.Only three of their seven wins have come against teams over.500.All four losses have been to teams that were above.500.They have only managed two wins in a row twice.Their last seven games have been win then a loss.
Giddings has a good ball club and I expect them to be a test but WO-S will stop that run game of theirs or slow it down.

Giddings is a spread team now. They will throw it around a little