Kountze 56 Woodville 6/Final

WOSgrad

6-4 is a joke , Kountzes record shows what happens when you play better people . I know he didn't make the schedule but then if they were 2-8 again it would be the same old stuff . I was on board a100% until last night and a kid who had just got out of Alternitive School and practiced three days started over kids who had been practicing and doing right. I'm done ,can not excuse that. The team is divide over that and you can not justly it ! High School Sports are to teach life lessons ! We could lose by 50 with anyone starting in our secondary. Needless to say a kid with lesser talent may keep team together and they may play harder .

You can't come on here and misjudge the improvement of an entire football program by one loss against a very good football team. And about that specific situation, the seniors voted to have him back on the team from what I'm hearing. When you make a decision like that, there are always going to be people who criticize it. As a team, you have to ignore it. I know his fellow seniors were excited about having him out there. But judging an entire program based on one loss is not only wrong, but almost ridiculous. Just sit down, calm down, and r-e-l-a-x. Relaaaax. Lol

Yeah, until this past year there was no "mandatory" weight training program over the summer. It was a "come lift if you weren't busy". With a new coach, kids got renewed energy and had to earn a starting spot. I think in the next few seasons, you'll see Woodville's athleticism increase tremendously across the board.

Dear Nathan Castillo,
I want to fill you in on how the summer workouts were in Woodville. Monday -Thursday athletes lifted and ran from 5:30-7:00. We averaged between 25 and 35 kids a night. Those were mostly football players which averaged out to around 85% of our 10th-12th graders. They had team goals that they met every summer except one. I would appreciate it if you want to talk about the previous years you atleast tell the truth and not tell SE Texas what you "Think" went on.
Thanks,
Coach

You can't come on here and misjudge the improvement of an entire football program by one loss against a very good football team. And about that specific situation, the seniors voted to have him back on the team from what I'm hearing. When you make a decision like that, there are always going to be people who criticize it. As a team, you have to ignore it. I know his fellow seniors were excited about having him out there. But judging an entire program based on one loss is not only wrong, but almost ridiculous. Just sit down, calm down, and r-e-l-a-x. Relaaaax. Lol

. Being on the team is one thing but playing over those who have been working hard and doing right is another ! You hire a man to make hard decisions not kids . Nobody said anything about the improvement of a program. I did say I was against being out of AEP practicing three days and starting and playing in front good hard working kids or did the kids decide he would start. You can not justify this and do not try to turn this into something it's not . There were rules at one time about AEP and Athletics but I guess that got thrown out with the bathwater .

Dear Nathan Castillo,
I want to fill you in on how the summer workouts were in Woodville. Monday -Thursday athletes lifted and ran from 5:30-7:00. We averaged between 25 and 35 kids a night. Those were mostly football players which averaged out to around 85% of our 10th-12th graders. They had team goals that they met every summer except one. I would appreciate it if you want to talk about the previous years you atleast tell the truth and not tell SE Texas what you "Think" went on.
Thanks,
Coach

Dear Steve Fentress,

What I "think" went on? Okay. I guess you seem to forget that I was one those 85% of football players. Since you want to get mad and come on here to try and call somebody out for being "wrong". I'm not on here bashing you, so you don't have much of a right to come on here getting offended by anything I have to say, as it seems you are. I just simply state what I saw in my years. Sorry if that upsets you....coach. And you can say whatever else you want to, but I won't sit here and engage in this crap with you.

Thanks for the nicely worded letter,
Your former player (even though everyone already knows my name because of you)

. Being on the team is one thing but playing over those who have been working hard and doing right is another ! You hire a man to make hard decisions not kids . Nobody said anything about the improvement of a program. I did say I was against being out of AEP practicing three days and starting and playing in front good hard working kids or did the kids decide he would start. You can not justify this and do not try to turn this into something it's not . There were rules at one time about AEP and Athletics but I guess that got thrown out with the bathwater .

On this point, I agree. I can't say I would've done the same if I was a head coach. But that's not my decision to make. So, personally, I just kinda try to make what I can of it.

Dear Nathan Castillo,
Thanks,
Coach

dear coach fentress,
I want to wish you and your son Joseph good luck in center, I know you put everything you had into the woodville program from scheduling hard preseason games to atleast competing with the better competition.

Sincerely,
Braden franklin

Just drop it guys. It's my fault. I shouldn't have been so critical. Just drop it and continue talking about the program or this game or the next game. There's no point in harping on that.

Just drop it guys. It's my fault. I shouldn't have been so critical. Just drop it and continue talking about the program or this game or the next game. There's no point in harping on that.

He has the right to response to your comment which he did...Steve is a good guy and I wish him and his family the best in Center!

I disagree. But oh well. What would life be like if everyone agreed on every subject?

I disagree. But oh well. What would life be like if everyone agreed on every subject?

So he doesn't have the right of rebuttal on a comment made about a program he led?? Especially a comment he felt was inaccurate?? OK we'll agree to disagree...

So he doesn't have the right of rebuttal on a comment made about a program he led?? Especially a comment he felt was inaccurate?? OK we'll agree to disagree...

Well I guess my thoughts are that, from experience, they aren't accurate. So since he felt they were, I guess you're right. But me, with my opinion, felt it was unwarranted. But yes, the world would not turn without civil disagreements lol

Well I guess my thoughts are that, from experience, they aren't accurate. So since he felt they were, I guess you're right. But me, with my opinion, felt it was unwarranted. But yes, the world would not turn without civil disagreements lol

Sounds good Eagle..here's to two weeks from now!

I know this. The previous staff had a state championship pedigree and had made improvements in the sports that make football better. Powerlifting and track. Now, we can agree to disagree, but I will not be surprised if in a year from now, the Woodville "faithful" will be ready for another change in leadership.

Yeah, unfortunately that is a common theme around here. Personally, I'd like to give Waldie a chance and see what he can do with a few years and this talent coming up. But my vote doesn't count lol

I'm no UIL official but I don't think you can make summer or off season workouts mandatory. That's one time of the year it's on the players to gather the troops and get in the weight room. I don't put much stock in a teams record, you can easily schedule a 5-0 start and end up going 5-5 and not make the playoffs. I do know Woodville must be a tough place to coach, they have had some good football and basketball coaches over the last few years that didn't seem to get a lot of support. Year in and year out there are as many good athletes in Woodville as there are anywhere in the district.

I'm no UIL official but I don't think you can make summer or off season workouts mandatory. That's one time of the year it's on the players to gather the troops and get in the weight room. I don't put much stock in a teams record, you can easily schedule a 5-0 start and end up going 5-5 and not make the playoffs. I do know Woodville must be a tough place to coach, they have had some good football and basketball coaches over the last few years that didn't seem to get a lot of support. Year in and year out there are as many good athletes in Woodville as there are anywhere in the district.

Well that's why I put quites around mandatory. Lol "mandatory". There's a common understanding between player and coach about what happens when you miss summer workouts. It doesn't need to be said or put in a rule book lol but I completely understand. It is a very tough place to coach. Knowing the communities sometimes unrealistic expectations, it makes it tough for a coach to succeed. But I can promise you, when some coach finally gets it right, it will be great.

Take it from a guy that has lived in a community where folks don't give a guy a chance...WOODVILLE...give this Coach an opportunity to sink or swim but give him another two years before ya tooooo crazy! Glad Joubert has the job...folks around this community really have a lot of respect for him so I hope that is enough equity of good will for an additional two or three years.