Deweyville 34 Hemphill 16/Final

WOSgrad

If your hoping for Hemphill to get back where they were, I'm afraid you'll be waiting for a long time. I don't believe football, basketball, and track or of high priority in Hemphill any longer.
This is not meant to discredit the student athletes or coaches in any way. I don't know what it's going to take for a turnaround. The staff they have now is more than likely doing what they can to make their team as competitive at possible. They're fighting with a short stick though.
I have no idea how the sub-varsity teams did, but hopefully there will be a good number of players moving up to the varsity level than can and will make a difference next year. The kids will need to work as hard as possible in their off-season program together as a team to get bigger, faster, stronger, and to believe in themselves and their coaches. It's going to take everyone, community also, to get the sting back in the mean green!
But then again, what the heck do I know. Just my 2 cents.

If your hoping for Hemphill to get back where they were, I'm afraid you'll be waiting for a long time. I don't believe football, basketball, and track or of high priority in Hemphill any longer.
This is not meant to discredit the student athletes or coaches in any way. I don't know what it's going to take for a turnaround. The staff they have now is more than likely doing what they can to make their team as competitive at possible. They're fighting with a short stick though.
I have no idea how the sub-varsity teams did, but hopefully there will be a good number of players moving up to the varsity level than can and will make a difference next year. The kids will need to work as hard as possible in their off-season program together as a team to get bigger, faster, stronger, and to believe in themselves and their coaches. It's going to take everyone, community also, to get the sting back in the mean green!
But then again, what the heck do I know. Just my 2 cents.

What's in high priority in hemphill now? What has happened to the powerhouse football program the Hemphill Hornets once were? I'm interested, please explain!

They have been successful in baseball. That's basically all I was saying. What can be done to take that winning attitude to the other sports? They won 3 football games this season. That is a positive...a start. I hope they get it turned around.

I remember the glory days when hemphill was a power house, ya know when Leon maxi and Aaron French were playing! The district championships between them and garrison! I just hope they don't slip down in the losing tradition in football! Best of luck to the hornets the rest of the season!