8-4A-II

Only 1 district game played but wow! I don't mean to jump the gun, but seeing the rest of the scores from our district last night it looks like Coldspring will be district champs with Shepherd in 2nd and then maybe Tarkington and anyone's guess for 4th place and last playoff spot.

I thought going into this year that Madisonville would be better than they are. After Diboll beat them last night, I now have my doubts.

Tarkington has some wins, and has been blowing a lot of them out, but If you look at who they have beaten, well ugh.

Huntington appears to be continuing to be bad.

Diboll I expect to get better in the future, but it is going to take a few years to get there.

Shepherd continues to improve every year and should walk through the rest of the district with ease. I say should because they seem to find a way to blow a game every year that they should win. I am hoping this will be the year they stop having let downs and can make a splash in the playoffs.

Coldspring defense was very good against Shepherd but has to stop the stupid penalties that give up first downs. If I counted right, there were 3-15 yard penalties after a 3rd down play and 2 roughing the punter penalties that gave Shepherd 5 first downs instead of getting the ball back to CS. That is just stupid! You can't win games like that. The offense has had trouble sustaining drives all year and have lost some of the explosiveness to break long plays they had a couple years back. Part of this comes from the the strength of defenses they have played, but something seems to be lacking.

As of today I would say:
Coldspring - undefeated in district
Shepherd - got their only loss in district last night
Tarkington - loses to Shepherd and Coldspring
Diboll - loses to Shepherd, Coldspring, Tarkington
Madisonville - beats Huntington
Huntington - 0 wins in district

Sure missing having Huffman and Cleveland in district this year. This may be the worst district in the state!

Well.... After that I still see shepherd coming in 2nd, we will get to see Tarkington next week.
1. Coldspring
2. Shepherd
3.Tarkington
4. Diboll

Agreed, I guess we will see next week if Tarkington is for real, but I think Shepherd handles them easily. Just curious, is number 7 from Shepherd ok? Kid played hard last night and I hated to see him get hurt. I didn't see if he came back in.

I want to see more from Madisonville. Diboll has been playings good teams. Coldsprings,Shephard, Diboll and Madisonville is my guess right now. Although Tarkington didnt look too bad last night. That qb can go.

I think Madisonville is a lock for a playoff spot. Madisonville is a good ball club but Diboll just played well Friday night. Cut out the turnovers and both Diboll and Madisonville could battle Shepherd for the second spot behind Coldspring.

I think Madisonville is a lock for a playoff spot. Madisonville is a good ball club but Diboll just played well Friday night. Cut out the turnovers and both Diboll and Madisonville could battle Shepherd for the second spot behind Coldspring.

Their loss to Diboll doesn't make them a lock for anything they will beat Huntington but Tarkington, Shepherd, and Coldspring will be tough games for them and they will have to win at least 1 to get in. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes.

Their loss to Diboll doesn't make them a lock for anything they will beat Huntington but Tarkington, Shepherd, and Coldspring will be tough games for them and they will have to win at least 1 to get in. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes.

I could be way wrong but that is just my option based on Madisonville's depth at RB and their speed on defense. They literally pumped in a new RB every play. Now that did cost them a few fumbles but it was difficult for us (Diboll) to keep up with the fresh legs. If they get the fumbles under control they will definitely be a hard team to beat. They are also very good at shutting down the edges on D, so Diboll was forced to beat them up the middle which we obviously did. Then again Diboll is probably not the fastest team in the district so maybe one of those other teams can beat their speed on the edges. Yep should be interesting.

At the beginning of the year I expected Madisonville to be a solid 2nd or 3rd in district. They haven't shown that this far. Right now they look like they may be fighting with Huntington for the cellar. We will get another look at things this week. How good does Diboll look against Coldspring? Is Shepherd able to get it back together and beat Tarkington, or is Tarkington for real or just had the easiest schedule possible? Can Madisonville whip up on Huntington? If so, maybe they have a playoff spot yet. If they barely beat Huntington, the rest of their season will be miserable.

Madisonville vs Shepherd should be a good one.  Madisonville is 2-5, but has played a tough schedule, losing to Fairfield, Franklin, Caldwell, and Rockdale.  I might have taken them to win against Shepherd, however the loss to Diboll has me now reconsidering that.  There is one common opponent, Crockett, which Madisonville beat 35-28 and that Shepherd lost 39-28.  The fumbles for the Mustangs have been a big problem and could be the difference maker this week.  I know there have been at least 3 games where they have turned the ball over at least 4 times or more.   Hard to win games with that.

Another week, another shake up!

Coldspring looks to win district and be number 1 seed. Huntington is pretty much eliminated.

Madisonville is now 2-1 in district. Coldspring and Tarkington to go.
Diboll 2-1 in district. Shepherd and Tarkington to go.
Shepherd 1-2 in district. Huntington and Diboll to go.
Tarkington 1-2 in district. Diboll and Madisonville to go.
These four are in a fight for 3 playoff spots. Each team still controls their own fate. Win out and your in. Lose a game and your chances drop. Lose 2 and your done.
Who's it gonna be?

My thoughts at this point are Madisonville, Shepherd, and Diboll. That means the drought for Tarkington continues. Hard to say though, this one is going to come down to the wire for a few of these teams!

The new AD/HC at Diboll is a good friend of mine... his first AD/HC job was at Orangefield and was at Coldspring last year... he is a good coach... I wouldn't be surprised to see him make some noise up there in the next couple years.... I will be keeping an eye on this District... just to see how he fairs against his old school C-O.... 

The new AD/HC at Diboll is a good friend of mine... his first AD/HC job was at Orangefield and was at Coldspring last year... he is a good coach... I wouldn't be surprised to see him make some noise up there in the next couple years.... I will be keeping an eye on this District... just to see how he fairs against his old school C-O....

He has already made a big impact at Diboll. They have a good chance of making the playoffs this year. In the next couple of years things will get interesting when Diboll and Coldspring meet.

Madisonville is now 2-1 in district. Coldspring and Tarkington to go. They will lose to Coldspring so they are basically 2-2 at this point. So if they beat Tarkington they are in.

Diboll 2-1 in district. Shepherd and Tarkington to go. If they win either game they are in.

Shepherd 1-2 in district. Huntington and Diboll to go. They will beat Huntington, so they are basically 2-2 with Diboll left. They win, and they are in, or if they lose and end up with the same record as Tarkington, they are in since they beat Tarkington.

Tarkington 1-2 in district. Diboll and Madisonville to go. Has the toughest road to making the playoffs. They need to win both games or beat Diboll and have Shepherd beat Diboll to get in.

This week is going to make or break some of these teams chances. Big week coming up for 8-4A-II!

Looks like we could have a 3 way tie for 2nd-4th.
Madisonville is now 3-1 in District, with Coldspring to go. Should end 3-2.
Shepherd is now 2-2 in district, with Huntington to go. Should end 3-2.
Diboll is 2-2 in district with Tarkington to go. If they win, will be 3-2.
Shepherd and Madisonville are in the playoffs. Depending on what happens between Diboll and Tarkington next week for placing.
Diboll beat Madisonville, Madisonville beat shepherd, shepherd beat Diboll. If Diboll wins will have to go to next tie breaker for placings.
If Tarkington wins, then Madisonville number 2, shepherd 3, Tarkington 4.
If Madisonville can beat Coldspring they are number 1 with Coldspring 2nd. Don't see that happening, but you never know with kids.

If shepherd, Coldspring, and Diboll win this week:
3 way tie for 2nd between Shepherd, Madisonville, and Diboll.

Anyone know how The tie breaker for district goes?

Head to head games:
Diboll 25 - Madisonville 14
Madisonville 28 - Shepherd 27
Shepherd 42 - Diboll 20

2. Shepherd +21 and -1 = +20
3. Diboll +11 and -21= -10
4.Madisonville +1 and -11 = -10

??? Is this right? Is there a limit to number of points used per game? And does Diboll get number 3 since they beat Madisonville?

If shepherd, Coldspring, and Diboll win this week:
3 way tie for 2nd between Shepherd, Madisonville, and Diboll.

Anyone know how The tie breaker for district goes?

Head to head games:
Diboll 25 - Madisonville 14
Madisonville 28 - Shepherd 27
Shepherd 42 - Diboll 20

2. Shepherd +22 and -1 = +21
3. Madisonville +1 and -11 = -10
4. Diboll +11 and -22 = -11
??? Is this right? Is there a limit to number of points used per game?Or does Diboll get number 3 since they beat Madisonville?

max is 21 so shepherd is plus 20

I think Tarkington has a great chance to beat Diboll, which would give Madisonville 2nd place.

I think anything can happen with Diboll and Tarkington. I never thought Diboll would beat Madisonville, and I thought after they did, that shepherd and Tarkington would surely beat them. This game could go either way.

I am just hoping now that Shepherd doesn't flop and let Huntington beat them, or Coldspring doesn't let Madisonville pull off an upset.