Typical Bama fan?

AggiesAreWe

I enjoy that show in small doses. Mostly for Finebaum, who is one of the very best at what he does. He knows the callers make his show and he lets them perform. He's built a heckuva career on the backs of those hillbillies.

By the way, that is exhibit A of why I am glad Texas would never join that conference. When you lay down with pigs....

I enjoy that show in small doses. Mostly for Finebaum, who is one of the very best at what he does. He knows the callers make his show and he lets them perform. He's built a heckuva career on the backs of those hillbillies.
By the way, that is exhibit A of why I am glad Texas would never join that conference. When you lay down with pigs....

Texas does not want to join the conference because it's the Best Conference in the Nation hands down.

It is my opinion that Texas will not leave the Big 12 till it Dies - Texas has 3 main reasons for this - In My opinion:

1.  Texas is still and will always be the Big Dog in the Big 12 - in some other conferences it would just be another player - a large player in most cases but still just another player;

2.  Texas will always have 2-3 weak conference games every year (and many years 4) which in a normal year would guarantee 2-3 wins (Iowa State, Kansas - every year); and

3.  Texas would likely have to give up the LHN and while not what is was supposed to be - many Longhorns still think it sets them apart from "everybody else".

It is my opinion that Texas will not leave the Big 12 till it Dies - Texas has 3 main reasons for this - In My opinion:

1. Texas is still and will always be the Big Dog in the Big 12 - in some other conferences it would just be another player - a large player in most cases but still just another player;
2. Texas will always have 2-3 weak conference games every year (and many years 4) which in a normal year would guarantee 2-3 wins (Iowa State, Kansas - every year); and
3. Texas would likely have to give up the LHN and while not what is was supposed to be - many Longhorns still think it sets them apart from "everybody else".

4. They signed a GOR agreement with Fox and are stuck until 2025

1.  Texas is still and will always be the Big Dog in the Big 12 - in some other conferences it would just be another player - a large player in most cases but still just another player; This is just like any other school in any other conference.

2.  Texas will always have 2-3 weak conference games every year (and many years 4) which in a normal year would guarantee 2-3 wins (Iowa State, Kansas - every year)This is just like any other school in any other conference even the mighty sec.

3.  Texas would likely have to give up the LHN and while not what is was supposed to be - many Longhorns still think it sets them apart from "everybody else". You cannot name another school network that has been more successful.

And Texas is very happy in the Big 12.

Happiness counts.

And speaking of Big 12, Did you know that Bob Stoops has not won a national championship since 2000?

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:151]

4. They signed a GOR agreement with Fox and are stuck until 2025

Wanna bet whether that contract gets fulfilled? Fox can and will get appeased. The Big 12 will not last, Texas will join the conference it wants which will likely be either the ACC or PAC 12. The ACC has 2 of the other "Public Ivies" in UVA and UNC. The PAC 12 has one in Berkley and another top institution in Stanford. Like it or not, or believe it or not, the academics side of affiliations is of paramount importance in Austin. They don't need to join a conference for $. Whatever conference they join will reap the massive financial awards being tied to Texas brings.