Thank you Bulldog Fans!

robanadana

Well up until 2001 all the schools in Texas prayed before the Games, this movement started on the east coast and was contested by an Athiest, and it spread until we have a Supreme Court telling us we've been wrong for over 200 years. Proud we don't have to worry about schools influencing our religion 100 years from now it's happening now and its not the schools doing it. One last thing and I promise to shut up, It seems to me that if the Supreme Court says we can't pray in a extraculicular activity,where every student who participates is purely voluntary, and we (spectators) have to buy tickets to watch is wrong.

Partly true. Actually the very conservative Fifth Circuit (federal jurisdiction over Texas) said that it was unconstitutional. Had the case not even been granted review by the SCOTUS, it was still ruled unconstitutional in TX, LA and MS. The SCOTUS only reaffirmed the lower court ruling. 

TVC, are you going to report this gross violation of the law?

It is not a violation of criminal law. As I said on page two of this thread (post #21), if anyone ever contests it, Vidor would stand to lose severe civil penalties. It is called contempt of court for violating a court's order. 

I also said in the same post that I applaud what they did. It is just like loud music. It is against state law and in many places, city ordinance. If no one complains then it is no big deal. If there is a complaint however, there is a good chance of a citation or an arrest. It is the same here. If no one ever complains, it will not be heard from. If it is like in Kountze where someone did complain, get ready. 

Not liking the law does not negate the law. 

"One nation under God"..... as in the Pledge of Allegiance? .... that had that phrase added (actually only "under God" was added)...... in 1954? 

I don't think any of the "founding fathers" were alive at that moment in history.

Nice example of how to use google and feel educated. Now go borrow someone's BIBLE and repent

Freedom OF religion is not freedom FROM religion.  

We are protected under the 1st amendment to have freedom of speech and this includes public venues.

It is important to stand up for what you believe.  Kountze cheerleaders are doing this!  Way to Go.

Vidor did this Friday. Great and Impressive!

Most of Americans are Christians.  We can do nothing and pretend like things don't matter and let me do mine and you do yours. Don't stand up for what is right and your grandchildren won't know who God is or how to defend their belief because of the example that we are NOT leaving them.  

Stand for something or you and your family will fall for anything.  

Football is a violent sport and prayers are important part of this and if you do not agree, well, you have freedom of speech, too!

This is the same Supreme Court that ruled Obamacare is a tax using the interstate commerce law? The same court that ruled the defense of marriage act was constitutional while upholding then 9th circuit's ruling (and others) on gay marriage? Although abortion is legal, I don't see Christian's running out to do it, it doesn't make it right. The constitution says " freedom OF religion", not from it. When man' s laws try to supercede God's, I don't listen. GoDogs, you want to discuss scripture or the constitution, you know where to find me.. thx again Bulldog fans!

Some people don't believe the same things you all do.  Why is that such a bad thing to you? No one is trying to force their beliefs on you.  They just don't want yours forced upon them.  It's uncomfortable.  How would you feel if you were asked to kneel on a carpet and bow during a Muslim prayer?  Or be silent during their time of worship?  

What if Satanists want their time of worship?  Where does it end?  You can't just expect your needs to be met and not everyone elses.  Slippery slope.

Just saying the facts. Does it hurt my feelings? no.. Not my individual feelings, but I wonder how many of you would react if a muslim student led a prayer? Would there be this much support? Sometimes you really do have to be careful for what you wish for....

We also disagree on the merit's of this law!! 

Some people don't believe the same things you all do.  Why is that such a bad thing to you? No one is trying to force their beliefs on you.  They just don't want yours forced upon them.  It's uncomfortable.  How would you feel if you were asked to kneel on a carpet and bow during a Muslim prayer?  Or be silent during their time of worship?  

What if Satanists want their time of worship?  Where does it end?  You can't just expect your needs to be met and not everyone elses.  Slippery slope.

I would absolutely expect to be silent during another religions time of worship if I were to put myself at an event that I knew would be attended by a majority from another religion.  I would do so out of respect and I honestly believe that most from other religions would feel the same.  I really dont believe that all of this is coming from religious people, I think most of the stink is being raised by those of no religion, the absolute minority that has very little respect for anything except their own beliefs.

I find your name offensive someone please report him and have him change his insensitive name to Native American93 or something else please. You dishonor my heritage. Thanks!!!

Nice example of how to use google and feel educated. Now go borrow someone's BIBLE and repent

I do not need to use google to know history. What is amazing is how little of it so many people know. 

I repent every day and it isn't with a borrowed Bible. 

... and you want to talk about someone else trying to sound educated. Feel free to go proselytize elsewhere. 

This is the same Supreme Court that ruled Obamacare is a tax using the interstate commerce law? The same court that ruled the defense of marriage act was constitutional while upholding then 9th circuit's ruling (and others) on gay marriage? Although abortion is legal, I don't see Christian's running out to do it, it doesn't make it right. The constitution says " freedom OF religion", not from it. When man' s laws try to supercede God's, I don't listen. GoDogs, you want to discuss scripture or the constitution, you know where to find me.. thx again Bulldog fans!

It is according to what you call the "same" SCOTUS. There are four different justices on Obamacare than there were on SFISD v. Doe. Basically half the court changed and with that, likely so does opinions. 

As far as Christians and abortion, if people had to put down a religion or lack thereof when getting one, I'll bet that way over 50% are Christians. 

The "freedom from religion" argument doesn't hold water. The only thing that matters in this and similar cases is a government entity injecting itself into the mix. They cannot stop the free expression of religion but neither can they assist in it. That is what they have been ruled to do in SFISD v. Doe where it was a school field, a school student, a school PA system at a school sponsored event. A public school district is just as much a government as the US Congress. 

The First Amendment is often (and I think in this thread) misquoted or interpreted as saying the federal government can not endorse or mandate a specific religion. That is not what the FA says. 

It says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". It does not say that is cannot establish law of "a" religion. It only says "religion" as in any or no religion collectively. I hear so many times when people will say that the FA only says that the government cannot establish a religion or a specific religion and it says nothing of the sort. 

It is according to what you call the "same" SCOTUS. There are four different justices on Obamacare than there were on SFISD v. Doe. Basically half the court changed and with that, likely so does opinions.

As far as Christians and abortion, if people had to put down a religion or lack thereof when getting one, I'll bet that way over 50% are Christians.

The "freedom from religion" argument doesn't hold water. The only thing that matters in this and similar cases is a government entity injecting itself into the mix. They cannot stop the free expression of religion but neither can they assist in it. That is what they have been ruled to do in SFISD v. Doe where it was a school field, a school student, a school PA system at a school sponsored event. A public school district is just as much a government as the US Congress.

The First Amendment is often (and I think in this thread) misquoted or interpreted as saying the federal government can not endorse or mandate a specific religion. That is not what the FA says.

It says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". It does not say that is cannot establish law of "a" religion. It only says "religion" as in any or no religion collectively. I hear so many times when people will say that the FA only says that the government cannot establish a religion or a specific religion and it says nothing of the sort.

I read that on Wikipedia also. Nice education Benedict Arnold

Again, I didn't get it off of anything. In fact I doubt that you can find anything I said on wikipedia other than a quote of the First Amendment and you can find that in a lot of places.

What a dry dull sense of humor you have. I bet you are an extreme liberal Democrat that probably knows Bill Maher personally.