Thank you Bulldog Fans!

robanadana

where in the Constitution does it even hint at it being unconstitutional. I understand judicial power and judicial review. I have also read and understood everything you previously stated way before you had to feel empowered to show that you have brains and put it up. Cool stuff bro. Show me some hard evidence written somewhere within any constitutional document. That shows that this is unconstituional. Then I will shut up.

In no way do you understand judicial power and judicial review, otherwise you would know that in Santa Fe ISD vs. Doe, the Supreme Court ruled that prayer at high school football games violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment of the CONSTITUTION... Have you read the Establishment Clause or Santa Fe ISD vs. Doe ?? If you understand judicial review/power, have read the First Amendment, and read the decision on said case, then you would have never posted that. But you are missing something in this simple equation. So I recommend doing more research because this is not open to your individual interpretation. It's clear and precise.

EDIT: To summarize, read the Establishment Clause. The Supreme Court ruled that school prayer over PA systems violates this clause. Easy spleezy..

In no way do you understand judicial power and judicial review, otherwise you would know that in Santa Fe ISD vs. Doe, the Supreme Court ruled that prayer at high school football games violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment of the CONSTITUTION... Have you read the Establishment Clause or Santa Fe ISD vs. Doe ?? If you understand judicial review/power, have read the First Amendment, and read the decision on said case, then you would have never posted that. But you are missing something in this simple equation. So I recommend doing more research because this is not open to your individual interpretation. It's clear and precise.

EDIT: To summarize, read the Establishment Clause. The Supreme Court ruled that school prayer over PA systems violates this clause. Easy spleezy..

Vidor and many others obviously disagree with the SCOTUS ruling, in America we are called to have courage to do what we think is right, if there are consequences, so be it. Maybe you can drum up a good rally and get the young lady thrown in jail. America was.not founded or made great by people who hid or cowered from laws they felt oppressive or that they disagreed with

Vidor and many others obviously disagree with the SCOTUS ruling, in America we are called to have courage to do what we think is right, if there are consequences, so be it. Maybe you can drum up a good rally and get the young lady thrown in jail. America was.not founded or made great by people who hid or cowered from laws they felt oppressive or that they disagreed with

written in 1789 by ames. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion based on the first amendment right. This was put into place because we didn't need to establish a national religion because we are a free country. Now my argument was to the point where he said we would get mad if a muslim led a prayer at school. My answer was simple stated above

First of all congrats to the young lady, to whom all things are asked through the son to be heard by the father. If this world comes down to a young lady understanding where her strengths and faith comes from, then i take stand next to her. Yes there are many types of religions, but to the person asked to give that praise gave you hers. With all the negative of killings,drugs,and gangs we shining negative light on a beautiful prayer. To the young lady I thank you for wishing all the kids safety, and for everyone safety return home. I pray tonight that you keep putting forth your faith, and I ask blessing for you and your family in Jesus name "AMEN"

IMO, it should be at the discretion of the school. What's good for one is not good for all. I see hundreds of people break the law everday. HWY 69 is the Daytona 500, I fear for life every morning on the way to work.

You just argued against yourself. 

Yes, they get away with it but I assume that you do agree that they are breaking the law (to the point of placing you in fear for your life) and that speeding law is not unconstitutional. Merely getting away with it doesn't make it right. 

Better go back for another analogy.  :)

I can't speak for the rest of the Pirate faithful, but I really appreciated the applause after the young lady who led the invocation ended it with "in Jesus name." I try not to be political on the board but I do believe the vast majorityof Texas high school football fans are made to bow to the wishes of the very few.

You're welcome. 

We need to be a lil more foward in thinking. I am a Christian and loved the prayer at the game. That being said , what is going to happen in 100 years or so if schools are allowed to influence religion. There are extreme religious groups that do and say things in "the name of God". I for one don't want my kids and grandkids to be subjected to this. It could start with a prayer at a football game and could go to teacher led classroom prayers. Then on from there. It is slow process but can happen.

Vidor was a class act, first by honoring our Veterans.  Then, by the prayer.  Courage is when we do what is right and honorable in circumstances that say, "not to."  

I understand constitutional rights but, 

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774
continental_prayer_sm.jpgThe Prayer in the First Congress, A.D. 1774

O Lord our Heavenly Father, high and mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments; look down in mercy, we beseech Thee, on these our American States, who have fled to Thee from the rod of the oppressor and thrown themselves on Thy gracious protection, desiring to be henceforth dependent only on Thee. To Thee have they appealed for the righteousness of their cause; to Thee do they now look up for that countenance and support, which Thou alone canst give. Take them, therefore, Heavenly Father, under Thy nurturing care; give them wisdom in Council and valor in the field; defeat the malicious designs of our cruel adversaries; convince them of the unrighteousness of their Cause and if they persist in their sanguinary purposes, of own unerring justice, sounding in their hearts, constrain them to drop the weapons of war from their unnerved hands in the day of battle!

Be Thou present, O God of wisdom, and direct the councils of this honorable assembly; enable them to settle things on the best and surest foundation. That the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that order, harmony and peace may be effectually restored, and truth and justice, religion and piety, prevail and flourish amongst the people. Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.

Amen.

Reverend Jacob Duché
Rector of Christ Church of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
September 7, 1774, 9 o’clock a.m.

No I don't either. I also don't want my kids growing up in a Godless Country.

I have no problem with prayer at school or school events.  I do however think there needs to be some level of seperation from school and church.  The few do have the same rights as the many.  My kids know they have the right to pray and worship their faith anytime they want too.  If your kids grow up in a Godless country its not the fault of the school or the country.  If your child grows up in a Godless country it is because you as parents failed them not the government. 

From the founding fathers, "One nation under God."  Not Allah..Not Buddha...God.  

This is from which our nation was founded, and built.  

"One nation under God"..... as in the Pledge of Allegiance? .... that had that phrase added (actually only "under God" was added)...... in 1954? 

I don't think any of the "founding fathers" were alive at that moment in history. 

Well up until 2001 all the schools in Texas prayed before the Games, this movement started on the east coast and was contested by an Athiest, and it spread until we have a Supreme Court telling us we've been wrong for over 200 years. Proud we don't have to worry about schools influencing our religion 100 years from now it's happening now and its not the schools doing it. One last thing and I promise to shut up, It seems to me that if the Supreme Court says we can't pray in a extraculicular activity,where every student who participates is purely voluntary, and we (spectators) have to buy tickets to watch is wrong.

There is a huge attack on Christians in this country. It's down right scary. If there was a school that had a pre game prayer over the pa that was a Muslim prayer it would be untouchable. If anyone even thought to complain or voice concern they would be labeled as a racist, intolerant or even a bigot. The case would never make it to the media much less the Supreme Court because they wouldnt want to be labeled as insensitive. Any religion that is not Christian would be celebrated if a school did this.

I would say that the majority of people have the same beliefs, but I know the only influence on my child's religion will be me and her mother's. There are radical Christian religions in the United states. Who would want Westboro Baptist church beliefs passed on to their kid in school. It should be separate because you never know where the influence will come from.