CROSBY vs HUMBLE

cougar14

Well, someone else's 0 has got to go. Humble has started off the season 3-0 with a couple good wins over Kingwood Park and Reagan. Humble has been steadily improving over the last three years and are usually near the top of the district in terms of flat out athleticism. Crosby has played each game better than the last and Humble looks to be an excellent matchup for the Cougars and their new found defensive prowess. The Code Red offense has also improved each game and will get a pretty good test with what Humble will run out on the defensive side of the ball. I think 5 wins gets you in the playoffs this year in our district and whoever can get this second one will be in very good position to grab one of the four spots. Is Humble for real this year or will the Red Tide continue to rise?

I wonder what Crosby's best win would be if they beat Humble in the fashion the way they've won the last two? The Ned win doesn't look so good anymore but after beating two area top 10 teams by 3+ tds it could be Humble that's the toughest test to date. They have a good feature back who looks a lot like Tray Williams did last year as a sophomore and their defense is giving up less than 9 ppg. On the bright side for Crosby their offense is only averaging 19 ppg to the Cougars 31.

I think what Crosby does here against Terio Brown and the athleticism of Humble will give a glimpse of how they will look against Tray Williams and the athleticism of King. Another big win and Crosby could be more dangerous than even I thought. Here's Brown last week.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4188938/terio-brown

truth be told...this game is happening a week earlier than i would like it too.    Would much prefer to play Dayton this week.   

Humble has progressed offensively every game, improving on what they do best and adding to their capabilities.   However, i feel like we still need a week or so to get that locked down.   I think Humble, offensively looks a lot like CE King looked last year.   Capable, but sloppy.    Defensively, Humble is pretty good.   

Humble will have to play their best and error free game just to have a shot at this.   ill give them the benefit of the doubt that they play mistake free, but Crosby is too much.   24-14 Crosby. 

I think the entire team got to play against Angleton and most of the kids got to play against BH which has been keeping the scores down, but I think it's good for building overall depth. That being said, I think Humble is a couple of turnovers from being the third consecutive team Crosby beats by 3+ tds. I think if Crosby shuts down Brown that the Humble offense will struggle to get into the end zone. Crosby still had 8 penalties for over 80 yards last game so that's another thing that needs to be improved but if Code Red plays relatively clean I don't see how Humble stays in it for 4 quarters. Since tomorrow is game day I'll go ahead and lay my prediction out there a day early.

Crosby 38
Humble 14

I think the entire team got to play against Angleton and most of the kids got to play against BH which has been keeping the scores down, but I think it's good for building overall depth. That being said, I think Humble is a couple of turnovers from being the third consecutive team Crosby beats by 3+ tds. I think if Crosby shuts down Brown that the Humble offense will struggle to get into the end zone. Crosby still had 8 penalties for over 80 yards last game so that's another thing that needs to be improved but if Code Red plays relatively clean I don't see how Humble stays in it for 4 quarters. Since tomorrow is game day I'll go ahead and lay my prediction out there a day early.

Crosby 38
Humble 14

You really think that humble will hold y'all under 40? Or do you see subs coming in second half?

My view.

Crosby has played three games where their defense has not been challenged. teams have had spurts of offense against the cougars and all three opponents have made the games look closer with late touchdowns against the second string.

The cougars look very good on defense, offensively they score on big plays or momentum drives which probably won't sustain them for a long play-off run. I hope the cougars start showing consistency on the offensive end, far too often i see overthrown balls, drops and bad routes if the Cougars want to be a team that goes 3 or 4 deep or more they need to be more crisp.

Saying all of that... Humble will not move the ball on the Cougars, I'm gonna be on record here, I predict a cougar's first team will pitch a shut out.

Cougars 35-0

The cougars have not allowed more than 3.5 yards per carry in any game this year.

The first team has allowed 28 total points this season. note 21 points have been scored in garabage time versus the second team.

The Cougars have consistently held opponents to under 300 yards of total offense.

The Cougars defense has allowed no more than 1 Rushing TD a game.

The Cougars have been very good at taking the ball away (Nederland stats seem wrong)

Simply Humble is a lesser version of Angleton

Your welcome for the bulletin board.

You really think that humble will hold y'all under 40? Or do you see subs coming in second half?

I just think the weather conditions mixed with more kids playing may keep it lower. I think Crosby could certainly get 40 if need be, but I think the defense is going to come up with another one or two score performance and the points won't be needed. I think this team can be similar to that 2012 Ned team except with a better offense eventually. I'm also just giving Humble the benefit of the doubt that with those athletes and that type of enrollment, things will eventually come together for them. They just got through going to double OT with KP, that's a game Humble has lost the last few years.

I believe Crosby is the best team Nederland has played so far. We have been in self destruct mode the past couple of weeks. If the Crosby D that came out the second half of the Nederland game can play 4 quarters like that I like there chances not just in this game but to maybe make some noise in the playoffs. The one weak spot I thought I saw was the QB position but he may be improving each week. Also it may not have been all his fault the passing game was off.