State of the Economy

stevenash

The CBO has revised its estimate for economic growth this hear to 1.5%. This is somewhat less than the Obama administrations projection of 2.6% In either case, both numbers pale in comparison to the average recession recovery growth rate of 4% .

Four years after the start of the economic recovery GP is 9% higher than it was when the recovery officially began.

In the average post- World War 2 recovery, GDP is 17% higher at the same point.

The CBO report also confirms a short-term improvement in the deficit but an UNSUSTAINABLE long-term fiscal path is Washington doesn't cut spending or raise additional revenue.

I am going to guess we will soon hear again how we are not paying our fair share.

Will you stop with the idiotic historical GDP comparisons already? There's plenty of other points you can make about the terrible economy but that is not one of them.

Of course the GDP growth after (realistically were still in it) the greatest recession since the Great Depression will be low when you compare to GDP growth post WW2. Last time I checked, the post WW2 period excludes the Great Depression.

And no one is saying YOU should pay your fair share. You are not in the top 0.1%. Why middle class Americans defend the top 0.1% while they outsource jobs, cut benefits and keep compensation flat is beyond me.

Tax codes do need to be fixed, but if a large company is actually paying that high tax rate then they need to fire and replace all their accountants and lawyers.

its because those greedy companies dont want to pay the highest tax rate in the world so they are leaving and now the poor middle class will suffer! Change the tax code idiots!

Will you stop with the idiotic historical GDP comparisons already? There's plenty of other points you can make about the terrible economy but that is not one of them.

Of course the GDP growth after (realistically were still in it) the greatest recession since the Great Depression will be low when you compare to GDP growth post WW2. Last time I checked, the post WW2 period excludes the Great Depression.

And no one is saying YOU should pay your fair share. You are not in the top 0.1%. Why middle class Americans defend the top 0.1% while they outsource jobs, cut benefits and keep compensation flat is beyond me.

Hnmmm- Apparently the CBO and Obama administration comment regularly about GDP growth rate and are thus idiotic. It must be because that indicator is widely viewed as the MOST ACCURATE BAROMETER of the state of the economy. The larger point, of course, is that the current economic policies have been about as successful as the Presidents golf swing.