The absolute worst place to bring "the purge" to life...

PN-G bamatex

Politically incorrect opinion I know most of the republicans on this board agree with but won't publicly say - I have no problem whatsoever if the purge really occurred in the ghetto areas and the idiots kill each other off (faster than they already do)

Ok, I will bite. Politically incorrect? That is an ignorant and racist statement from someone claiming to be "enlightened." Given the events of the past couple of weeks, it also insensitive. Like all of us, these are God's children worthy of His (and our) love. But I do agree with your claim that many on this board probably do agree with you.

However, it does raise an issue in my mind. Bigger than the instances where young African Americans are killed by white men in authority, are the countless that do die at the hands of each other. Black on black murder happens across this country daily. It is epidemic. And in my opinion, it deserves as much, if not more attention as incidents such as Ferguson. Until we get a handle on that, the places where such violence occurs regularly will continue to be hopeless centers of existence. And few things are sadder in this life than a child growing up without hope. It becomes (and has become) a vicious cycle.

Ok, I will bite. Politically incorrect? That is an ignorant and racist statement from someone claiming to be "enlightened." Given the events of the past couple of weeks, it also insensitive. Like all of us, these are God's children worthy of His (and our) love. But I do agree with your claim that many on this board probably do agree with you.

However, it does raise an issue in my mind. Bigger than the instances where young African Americans are killed by white men in authority, are the countless that do die at the hands of each other. Black on black murder happens across this country daily. It is epidemic. And in my opinion, it deserves as much, if not more attention as incidents such as Ferguson. Until we get a handle on that, the places where such violence occurs regularly will continue to be hopeless centers of existence. And few things are sadder in this life than a child growing up without hope. It becomes (and has become) a vicious cycle.

That is NOT an issue......of all cop killings, 25% are white cops killing blacks.....Why are we not outraged at the 75% that are not black?

This is just a smoke screen to make an issue out of something that is not. There is no proof or stats that back this up. I invite someone to prove me wrong on this issue.

The Purge is great concept for a movie, but is ridiculous to even entertain in real life.....

And I would disagree that "many" on this board would agree with that.....if you really feel that way, you have a huge problem that no one will be able to fix......just sayin

That is NOT an issue......of all cop killings, 25% are white cops killing blacks.....Why are we not outraged at the 75% that are not black?

This is just a smoke screen to make an issue out of something that is not. There is no proof or stats that back this up. I invite someone to prove me wrong on this issue.

The Purge is great concept for a movie, but is ridiculous to even entertain in real life.....

And I would disagree that "many" on this board would agree with that.....if you really feel that way, you have a huge problem that no one will be able to fix......just sayin

Read the first word of the highlighted portion of the text - I think you missed the point of my post.

Not sure how my believing there are plenty of racists here is a problem I have that no one can fix. But ooookayyyy

well said.

Read the first word of the highlighted portion of the text - I think you missed the point of my post.

Not sure how my believing there are plenty of racists here is a problem I have that no one can fix. But ooookayyyy

I don't think White cops on black should be an issue or even brought up....I do agree with black on black needs to be addressed.

If you think "plenty" of people on this board are so racist that they would be okay with a purge, that's crazy to me. I know of know one who would think it is OK to kill black......either I misunderstood or you are WAY off..

I don't think White cops on black should be an issue or even brought up....I do agree with black on black needs to be addressed.

If you think "plenty" of people on this board are so racist that they would be okay with a purge, that's crazy to me. I know of know one who would think it is OK to kill black......either I misunderstood or you are WAY off..

It's an issue that has been made an issue since the shooting in Ferguson. I didn't make it an issue. And I was saying that there are problems that need to be addressed that are much more relevant. Not sure how you took a few words and ran off on a tangent that had nothing to do with my post you quoted.

As for the second part, again you are latching onto a word or two. Reread the post I was responding to. His comment was about killings within certain communities. Maybe his point is a little strong but in reading plenty of comments on these forums, I am comfortable in my belief that many on here are at least "unconcerned" with that issue.

I will say that I hope you are right. I didn't mean to imply there were legions of KKK types on this board ready to purge the world of color. I was trying to say I think there are plenty of people who are probably unconcerned with black on black violence. (And I probably did a poor job of explaining that.). But even on that issue if you did get my meaning, I hope you are right and I am wrong.

I will say that I hope you are right. I didn't mean to imply there were legions of KKK types on this board ready to purge the world of color. I was trying to say I think there are plenty of people who are probably unconcerned with black on black violence. (And I probably did a poor job of explaining that.). But even on that issue if you did get my meaning, I hope you are right and I am wrong.

Fair enough....I may have missed your point.

I never said ghetto black people

I don't think anyone is "OK" with anyone killing another. . Not even black on black. With that said. . And I'll speak for myself. ..I speak the harsh seemingly uncaring. .. even racist comments for that very reason. .. take care of the bigger problem. .. reduce that number before even recognizing the other issues of what whites may or may not do. ...

It's unfair to consider all people living in the "ghetto" are bad people. Many just my not have any other choices.

It really doesn't matter how much white people care about black on black killings. Whites can't fix it.

We are creating a dangerous culture when a known thief is shot after challenging and physically assaulting a police officer, then becomes a hero with mass support from a nation, a race, the media, celebrities and even the political realm.