Forbes disagrees with financial guru, Stevenash??

TxHoops

There has never been a recession from which we did not recover. The U.S. economy has always been a resilient one. For the umpteenth time, the broadest barometer of an economy is GDP ( that's Gross Domestic Product, Big Girl). Since World War II, the average GDP for an economy recovering from recession has been approximately 4%. This recovery has averaged about 2% and there is simply no spinning that one. All of you " smarter, more enlightened folks" are going to lose this one regardless of what you say, who you quote, yada yada yada. I am not particularly intelligent, but I am very well versed in this subject and that is something you also can not spin or alter. Bring on your sources. I have ten for every one you find.

Steve, you of all people should know past performance is not indicative of future results.

We're in a new "normal" low growth environment while the emerging markets play catch up. You think the US could've continued on the growth trajectory we were on forever?

I could've swore you work in finance.. Start acting like it and stop making everything political.

(This post is not defending Obama, but rather pointing out how ridiculous your argument is)

You tried this "schtick" once before and it was terribly unproductive. Grabbing a couple of buzz words and lobbing them into a conversation is very sad. I didn't mention growth trajectories. I mentioned GDP which is recognized by virtually everyone as the best barometer of the economy. There is nothing political, whatsoever, in my statements regarding the economy and its relative strength/weakness. Therefore your very weak and failed attempt at condescension simply wont work here. Get back to the social issues where you have a chance. And one more thing, go back and edit your improper English. It should say I could've sworn rather than swore. After you have edited it, you can claim that I lied about it and tell me again how much smarter you are. Additionally, this great new " normal low growth" environment you mentioned provided us with a 2.9% first quarter CONTRACTION in GDP which, in itself, is indicative of something less that "normal low growth". As of now, it wont be difficult for the emerging markets to play catch up as there is much to which to catch up.

Steve, you of all people should know past performance is not indicative of future results.

We're in a new "normal" low growth environment while the emerging markets play catch up. You think the US could've continued on the growth trajectory we were on forever?

I could've swore you work in finance.. Start acting like it and stop making everything political.

(This post is not defending Obama, but rather pointing out how ridiculous your argument is)

I agree

Typing up an essay to attempt to prove your point is sad.

You said you didn't mention growth trajectories but start spewing historical GDP figures? What do you think I'm referring to? Growth in the amount of toilet paper used?

Come on mannnnnn

Let me guess... When China and India's GDP passes up the U.S that'll be Obamas fault too?

You tried this "schtick" once before and it was terribly unproductive. Grabbing a couple of buzz words and lobbing them into a conversation is very sad. I didn't mention growth trajectories. I mentioned GDP which is recognized by virtually everyone as the best barometer of the economy. There is nothing political, whatsoever, in my statements regarding the economy and its relative strength/weakness. Therefore your very weak and failed attempt at condescension simply wont work here. Get back to the social issues where you have a chance. And one more thing, go back and edit your improper English. It should say I could've sworn rather than swore. After you have edited it, you can claim that I lied about it and tell me again how much smarter you are. Additionally, this great new " normal low growth" environment you mentioned provided us with a 2.9% first quarter CONTRACTION in GDP which, in itself, is indicative of something less that "normal low growth". As of now, it wont be difficult for the emerging markets to play catch up as there is much to which to catch up.

Don't need an essay and don't have to use buzz words or consult google in order to make my points, like some do. I don't believe I mentioned India or China but nice try at obfuscation of the subject. You are lost here and simply need to try another avenue. There are no words you can utter and no insults you can put forth that will change the INESCAPABLE FACT that this a very lame recovery that is taking place in spite of Government policy as opposed to because of Government policy. Give up on the emerging markets chant, give up on the India-China chant. Neither of those attempts changes the GDP situation.

Maybe you should use google, because your points are terrible.

Silly stevey bringing up historical GDP growth as if that'll be sustainable forever. LOL. Stick to your financial advising bud.

Don't need an essay and don't have to use buzz words or consult google in order to make my points, like some do. I don't believe I mentioned India or China but nice try at obfuscation of the subject. You are lost here and simply need to try another avenue. There are no words you can utter and no insults you can put forth that will change the INESCAPABLE FACT that this a very lame recovery that is taking place in spite of Government policy as opposed to because of Government policy. Give up on the emerging markets chant, give up on the India-China chant. Neither of those attempts changes the GDP situation.

My points are valid and you cant do anything about it. At least I offer points rather than unsubstantiated "declarations". LOL or buzz words lend nothing to the very sad case you attempt to make, if you want to call it that. You have said nothing but that GDP rates cant be what they have been in the past. You offer no reason why, you just assume making such a statement has some credibility, but it has credibility only with you. Furthermore, I would suggest to you that technological and productivity enhancements over the years ought to provide for increased GDP recovery rates rather than muted ones. Very sorry, but lower recession recovery rates are not acceptable simply because you say they are.