Robin Williams

baddog

The guy was amazing.

When I got home today I told my 13 yo we were going to watch Dead Poets Society. I told him an actor passed and was trying to explain to him how great he was. I told he was know for impromptu and just making things up. We ended up on youtube watching Mork and Mindy.

You know you are funny when a show that old can still make a modern 13 year old crack up.......and want me to buy all the episodes....

The guy was amazing.

When I got home today I told my 13 yo we were going to watch Dead Poets Society. I told him an actor passed and was trying to explain to him how great he was. I told he was know for impromptu and just making things up. We ended up on youtube watching Mork and Mindy.

You know you are funny when a show that old can still make a modern 13 year old crack up.......and want me to buy all the episodes....

Yep,  I watched his Weapons of Self-Destruction stand up routine last night because I couldn't sleep.  (Ironic, I  know).  I think that is the best way to honor him, by remembering how dang funny he was!

Heres my take and on fb i was called an idiot and that i only said this to look "kewl." Ironic huh?
I enjoyed most everything he did. Its terrible a man who brought so much laughter to millions over 40 years was this depresed. Depression is serious and it pains me to think people see absolutely no other way out.
My problem is with people stating "he is free", "hes happy or in better place now." There arent suicide victims. There are cancer victims and homicide victims. We cant glorify suicide like this and not expect the next person to not think its ok. Its the worst thing you can do to your family and friends. It leaves a shadow over your entire existence. While i hate to lose people to suicide i also cannot stand how everyone acts now likes suicide is just another way to end life that is almost becoming normal. Its not and we have to remind everyone its not the answer instead of implying after the deed is done while sad, everything ends up better.

There's only one way to end up in a better place once you die and it is dependent on you accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior while you're here. We don't know his state but I would hope he made that choice.

Depression and mental illness is a tough thing. The news was reporting the day after his suicide was the highest volume of calls on record for the national suicide hotline.

@funkflex: (Video) SMH: Fox News Anchor Makes Insensitive & Rude Comment About Robin Williams' Death - http://bit.ly/1lUa3PK. #IFWT

I admit i havent read up on this yet but id bet Shepard Smith is the anchor they are talking about, just seems like the type. 

@funkflex: (Video) SMH: Fox News Anchor Makes Insensitive & Rude Comment About Robin Williams' Death - http://bit.ly/1lUa3PK. #IFWT

I admit i havent read up on this yet but id bet Shepard Smith is the anchor they are talking about, just seems like the type. 

Fox News Anchor Shepard Smith and Todd Bridges Apologize for Insensitive Comments About Robin Williams' Death

http://www.eonline.com/news/568584/fox-news-anchor-shepard-smith-and-todd-bridges-apologize-for-insensitive-comments-about-robin-williams-death

Fox News Anchor Shepard Smith and Todd Bridges Apologize for Insensitive Comments About Robin Williams' Death

http://www.eonline.com/news/568584/fox-news-anchor-shepard-smith-and-todd-bridges-apologize-for-insensitive-comments-about-robin-williams-death

I figured it was him, he has made those type of comments before.

The brother of a friend of mine killed himself. My friend said it was the most selfish thing to do. His anger over this was more prevalent than his grieving.

I won't offer any opinions on Mr. Williams. I have no idea what "clicks" inside a person to make them carry it out.

Me either.  But I understand the anger of your friend and his opinion of what happened.