Economic Growth

stevenash

The U.S. economy grew at a rate of 1.9% in 2013, which was down from 2.8% in 2012. The average post recession growth rate(nationally) is historically in the 4% range.

When you look at the top five states in terms of GDP, they are  North Dakota, Wyoming, West Virginia, Oklahoma, and Idaho with rates ranging from 4.2% to 9.7%.

Four of those five states have Republican governors.  Is that just a coincidence?

Nothing open minded about me. I am one of those "not so enlightened" who is still ignorant enough to believe that fewer taxes, fewer regulations, and smaller government can be more productive. I could never win an election because I just wouldn't be able to tell all the voters what freebies they can expect. But you are right- I should be more open minded- 6 years is not enough time to make a judgment on whether or not more taxes, more regulations, and more government in general, works. And, to make things work, I have this stupid belief that is ok for me to offer than opinion. Don't be concerned, some day I will get over it.

Nothing open minded about me. I am one of those "not so enlightened" who is still ignorant enough to believe that fewer taxes, fewer regulations, and smaller government can be more productive. I could never win an election because I just wouldn't be able to tell all the voters what freebies they can expect. But you are right- I should be more open minded- 6 years is not enough time to make a judgment on whether or not more taxes, more regulations, and more government in general, works. And, to make things work, I have this stupid belief that is ok for me to offer than opinion. Don't be concerned, some day I will get over it.

Steve did any of those things get accomplished the last 8yrs that your boys held office

Don't leave, Sixburgh. The more open minded people here, the better to offset people like me. Tobie, you are going to interpret those 8 years as you want to interpret them, so what I have to say wont matter. But I would suggest that you go back and find out what the average annual unemployment rate was during the bush years vs the Obama years. You might also wish to evaluate the national debt, which was 10.7 trillion when Mr. Bush left office and stands at over 17 trillion today and projected to exceed 20 trillion before Mr. Obama leaves office. ( don't forget that Mr. Obama, when campaigning for the Presidency, declared the debt total under Mr. Bush(10 trillion) to be irresponsible and unpatriotic)