This About Sums it All Up

I am not a Texas-Ex but I think it is interesting that Texas fans (some) are throwing Mack Brown under the bus.  He did not fair well during his last years at Texas and that is a fact - but he still won a NC which Texas had not done (if I am right) since Darryl Royal in 1969 and was No. 2 and lost the NC game just a few years later.  That was better than anything since Fred Akers had them ranked 2nd, 5th and 4th during his tenure of the 70's and 80's.  

I have stated and will continue to state (until proven otherwise) that the Texas football program is having to deal with the "new world order" of NCAA football and athletics in general.The Texas days of ruling the State of Texas and in a lot of cases the nation I believe are behind them as the programs of Baylor, Texas Tech, A&M and others are closing the gap on what Texas athletics can and does provide.  Texas will be back but the year in and year out domination of the State of Texas - I believe - is over.  Even Baylor is fixing to have a top of the line football stadium built - even if it is smaller is will be top of the line or so I have read.  Then A&M with its upgrade will makes its facilities almost if not equal to what Texas has had for years.

You know, everybody spins right!!  To your point, I think that this is "one" explanation of why UT's record slipped over the last 4 years (which is a fact)?  I am sure it is multi-faceted and this is one perspective no matter if too much or too little weight is being applied.  As for Mack, I never was a big fan (he made questionable personnel moves/mistakes during his tenure in my opinion, but he had a lot of personnel to work with) but do appreciate his contributions to the program and respect the fact he will go down in UT football history as among its best. 

I believe Texas stopped winning kids wanna win so kids go to other places. If texas is winning I think a lot of those kids go to Texas. Not to mention all the talent with the same story. TEXAS NEVER OFFERED ME. In the state of Texas if Texas is winning what could any other college offer. Other than if they wanna be S.E.C.