Best RB's this year in SETX coverage area....

I know that Brenham is on the fringe of the SETX coverage area, but we are discussed here often enough to throw our name in. Earnest Patterson has to be on any list in this area of best RBs. He is in for another monster year and with the QB back, teams will have to respect the passing game after the way he threw in the playoffs last year. That respect for the passing game should open the lanes for him even more with teams not being able to stack the box. JMO

kid is nasty. Besides being fast he runs hard for a 150 kid. I'm sure he will have 2000+ yds this year.

wow, every post with exception of cougar14 was a bias and homer post smh lol...whelp, i will be a homer, but i will back mine up...PAM duo has been getting alot of press and is proven...the bmt boys are not in the running. niether are the MC boys... i agree with cougar14 selection. when you say COVERAGE AREA, the little teams pretty much get squashed by NS and other houston schools and yes NS is in houston...especially if you let a brenham fan count lol

wow, every post with exception of cougar14 was a bias and homer post smh lol...whelp, i will be a homer, but i will back mine up...PAM duo has been getting alot of press and is proven...the bmt boys are not in the running. niether are the MC boys... i agree with cougar14 selection. when you say COVERAGE AREA, the little teams pretty much get squashed by NS and other houston schools and yes NS is in houston...especially if you let a brenham fan count lol

Don't be fooled by media my friend. I'm a PA boy & I know those backs are good, but there are plenty of good backs in the area. I don't know what Big Ned has, but PNG has a great back as well as Ozen, WB, Central(forgive me for omitting any schools) In the meantime, figure out how to
Prevent 600 yds rushing. How much total offense did they have?? Time to get it!!! The Panthers will see you soon. Let's see

Don't be fooled by media my friend. I'm a PA boy & I know those backs are good, but there are plenty of good backs in the area. I don't know what Big Ned has, but PNG has a great back as well as Ozen, WB, Central(forgive me for omitting any schools) In the meantime, figure out how to
Prevent 600 yds rushing. How much total offense did they have?? Time to get it!!! The Panthers will see you soon. Let's see

lost on your questions..what do you mean "prevent 600 yds rushing" and do you mean total offense memorial backs had?? Ozen had nothing last year. jacoby was the last good back and he wasn't all that...well against PAM anyway. i will even go as far as saying, cam martin just so happen to be on a team with a better back. truth be told i put duaphine in  the same boat as nate holmes if not better.  dauphine is the only back in the triangle that could run and be somewhat successful against bigger defenses. the "new" triangle 5a is a joke. nederland is the only team that's decent(i know i can't believe i said that lol) central THINK they are good,well tell me this...they started off with a very imo lucky win and continued to get WORSE as the season went on. ozen- well you see what happend there. lumberton-see ozen. vidor since the stud left is nothing. pn-g had flashes,but not that consistant. back to the subject, can you take any other back besides dauphine and plug them in a 6a or 5a team and play a powerhouse in 6a or 5a and they have a 100 yard game??? doubt it...

wow, every post with exception of cougar14 was a bias and homer post smh lol...whelp, i will be a homer, but i will back mine up...PAM duo has been getting alot of press and is proven...the bmt boys are not in the running. niether are the MC boys... i agree with cougar14 selection. when you say COVERAGE AREA, the little teams pretty much get squashed by NS and other houston schools and yes NS is in houston...especially if you let a Brenham fan count lol

229.gif How did I get pulled into this?! Sure, my pick for best back was a homer pick, BUT I will back it up! As far as press coverage, what was it, ummmmm, oh yeah Dave Campbell's magazine had him as the 5A cover boy this year! As far as proven, he ran for 2500yds last season with 27 TDs for the State Finalist Brenham Cubs! While he does go to Brenham, I didn't say one of our RBs that had like 250yds and 0 TDs. He broke the school record for rushing yards last season that had been held since 1972! Finally, there are many on this forum that have seen him in a game (Run Earnest Run and HE GONE) and agree that he is one of the RBs in the SETX coverage area, even though it might be on the outer border of it or on the "Fringe" if you will!!

spit.gifHow did I get pulled into this?! Sure, my pick for best back was a homer pick, BUT I will back it up! As far as press coverage, what was it, ummmmm, oh yeah Dave Campbell's magazine had him as the 5A cover boy this year! As far as proven, he ran for 2500yds last season with 27 TDs for the State Finalist Brenham Cubs! While he does go to Brenham, I didn't say one of our RBs that had like 250yds and 0 TDs. He broke the school record for rushing yards last season that had been held since 1972! Finally, there are many on this forum that have seen him in a game (Run Earnest Run and HE GONE) and agree that he is one of the RBs in the SETX coverage area, even though it might be on the outer border of it or on the "Fringe" if you will!!

Just a little trash talk between site members, nothing personal. I haven't seen your RB in person, but Mouse has; he wore a NS jersey & rushed for 600 yds by committee. Lol

Just a little trash talk between site members, nothing personal. I haven't seen your RB in person, but Mouse has; he wore a NS jersey & rushed for 600 yds by committee. Lol

I didn't take it personal at all, just felt like adding a little something since my name was mentioned!! ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!

Mouse is delusional if he thinks the win vs Memorial was lucky and that we regressed the rest of the season. Lol

We played them early, & I'm sure they would have handled us later in the Season. No doubt those 2 backs are the cream of the crop, but there are plenty of others in SETX that deserve some pub as well. I hope the Titans win All but 1 game. Lol

Some people have a hard time differentiating "best" from "mediocre". Same way some can't be objective when looking at the home team. IMO running backs along with corners are the easiest position to grade/project, the good ones separate themselves early.

*I didn't throw Patterson in because of how the topic was worded. His size will probably keep him from being an FBS back but he's definitely worth discussion. I don't think he even started at the beginning of the season and still put those numbers up. If I had to guess though I would expect that he has more carries and yards than any of the above mentioned, probably 300 carries for around 2500 again depending on how many games the Cubs play.

Like Beetlejuice, mention his name 3x's and he appears Lol

Lol, it's almost as funny as firing a coach for winning 4 games then hiring one that wins 3. Maybe you should take the advice you gave Mouse earlier worry about why Ozen will win 4 or less games for the 8th time in 9 years? Good luck finishing above Lumberton this year and congratulations on your son's offer.

Like I said Beetlejuice, I'm very aware of Ozen's woes, but make no excuses. Any other program under the circumstances would have similar results. If I listen to you Cougar, we will win only 3-4 games & my son won't play major college ball. We will see about that. Thanks for the Congrats; I think.....

Some people have a hard time differentiating "best" from "mediocre". Same way some can't be objective when looking at the home team. IMO running backs along with corners are the easiest position to grade/project, the good ones separate themselves early.

*I didn't throw Patterson in because of how the topic was worded. His size will probably keep him from being an FBS back but he's definitely worth discussion. I don't think he even started at the beginning of the season and still put those numbers up. If I had to guess though I would expect that he has more carries and yards than any of the above mentioned, probably 300 carries for around 2500 again depending on how many games the Cubs play.

Agree that unfortunately his size will hurt him with colleges, but he would be a steal for whoever looks at what he has done against some of the best teams in the state!

Like I said Beetlejuice, I'm very aware of Ozen's woes, but make no excuses. Any other program under the circumstances would have similar results. If I listen to you Cougar, we will win only 3-4 games & my son won't play major college ball. We will see about that. Thanks for the Congrats; I think.....

Similar situation like what went on at North Forest while they were going 11-1? It's not me talking to you Cam, it's Maxpreps and 247sports. I hope your boy has a good season and stays healthy which might be hard seeing as how your new coach is going to run the most injury prone offense with the fewest kids and smallest margin of error.

Besides Mouse, the game last yr between us wasn't stellar by the Titans, so I would leave the trash talk alone bruh

a win is a win. as far as our defense, you act like it was a secret we couldn't stop the run. that was mainly because of being thin at lb spots and playing  a 3-4. this is for you and ALL others. the title said in the coverage area...guess what ratchets, THAT INCLUDES YOUR DISTRICT!!! if you don't like it, well too bad. the title didn't say golden triangle or even the new 5a triangle district. my point was there is h.s. football OUTSIDE the triangle people with FAR better backs than what the GTA have to offer. yes i'm a hometown boy, but i'm not going to sell my team just because it's my team. only REAL titan fans knew dauphine was/is a better back than martin. so i only gave the nod to him due to when he got in the game he was unstoppable...EVEN NS DID NOT HAVE AN ANSWER FOR HIM AS HE RAN THROUGH THEM!!! YOU HAVE TO ASK THE COACH WHY HE STOPPED FEEDING HIM THE BALL..LOOK AT THE GAME FILM IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME.

229.gif How did I get pulled into this?! Sure, my pick for best back was a homer pick, BUT I will back it up! As far as press coverage, what was it, ummmmm, oh yeah Dave Campbell's magazine had him as the 5A cover boy this year! As far as proven, he ran for 2500yds last season with 27 TDs for the State Finalist Brenham Cubs! While he does go to Brenham, I didn't say one of our RBs that had like 250yds and 0 TDs. He broke the school record for rushing yards last season that had been held since 1972! Finally, there are many on this forum that have seen him in a game (Run Earnest Run and HE GONE) and agree that he is one of the RBs in the SETX coverage area, even though it might be on the outer border of it or on the "Fringe" if you will!!

don't take it the wrong way, you are a great example of what i was talking about. you have facts about the back that did something great. playing against good/great teams and you are OUTSIDE the triangle.

Mouse is delusional if he thinks the win vs Memorial was lucky and that we regressed the rest of the season. Lol

should we pull the game film?? lets see...clearly  a wr ran OUT THE END ZONE and came back in to catch a TD, late 4th qtr....you score on a questionable 4 and goal in the last seconds of the game to win by a point or two...our young corner,which improved as the season went on, commited numerous PI calls to keep jag drives alive...LUCK.