Happy Independence Day

TROJANSWIN

Happy 4th of July!!
Let's all remember what we are celebrating. Freedom from taxation without representation. Freedom of speech,even if you don't like what is being said!
Freedom of religion.
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Yes -- Let Freedom Ring!!

Yeah whatever. My people were not free.

But now they are, and you live in a country where you are free to choose the path that your life will take. What choice will you make?
Wait for the government to make everything "right" and sit around whining about it?
Or, work hard to get better things for yourself and start earning a fortune for you and your descendants?

Just out of curiosity, do you think Oprah Winfrey, Herman Cain, or Michael Jordan's ancestors were better off than yours? Maybe they should have sat around whining about it. Probably would have worked out better for them than the path they chose! Don't you think?

I am not sitting around whining about it. I have two college degrees. My son, who is 17, has an opportunity to attend Yale, Harvard, Brown, Cornell, university of chicago, northwestern, baylor, texas a&m among others. He has a 4.8 on a 4.0 scale. He took algebrA 1 and english 1 in the 7th grade so we are definitely not whining in my household. :)

Anyway I had a long talk with my dad. He made more sense then you guys. He told me that if it were not for sensible white people (LBJ, Kennedy) we would not be where we are today, even though we were not free in 1776, we have been assimilated. He told me not to look at the racist idiots like done of you are, but instead look at all of the compassionate and intelligent white people , that made it possible for us as a people to be where we are today and...........because of intelligent non racist white people we have a black president.

Anyway I had a long talk with my dad. He made more sense then you guys. He told me that if it were not for sensible white people (LBJ, Kennedy) we would not be where we are today, even though we were not free in 1776, we have been assimilated. He told me not to look at the racist idiots like done of you are, but instead look at all of the compassionate and intelligent white people , that made it possible for us as a people to be where we are today and...........because of intelligent non racist white people we have a black president.

LBJ ??
If you think Bush and Cheney went to war because of oil. Lady Bird Johnson, LBJ's wife made millions of dollars off of the Vietnam war. LBJ was elected to congress the first time because all of the dead people in the district voted for him. He was a liar and a thief. I got the chance to meet one of his neighbors in Stonewall a few years back. According to this older gentleman who lived next door to him for decades, LBJ was a sorry piece of pooh.
I would hardly throw him in as a great example of compassion and caring!
Oh, but I forgot, he wanted to give people free stuff so they wouldn't have to work hard. I see why you included him. He wasn't racist like the rest of us!

LBJ ??
If you think Bush and Cheney went to war because of oil. Lady Bird Johnson, LBJ's wife made millions of dollars off of the Vietnam war. LBJ was elected to congress the first time because all of the dead people in the district voted for him. He was a liar and a thief. I got the chance to meet one of his neighbors in Stonewall a few years back. According to this older gentleman who lived next door to him for decades, LBJ was a sorry piece of pooh.
I would hardly throw him in as a great example of compassion and caring!
Oh, but I forgot, he wanted to give people free stuff so they wouldn't have to work hard. I see why you included him. He wasn't racist like the rest of us!

I believe it was Brown And Root that the Johnson's were joined at the hip with.  BigGirl, did you Dad mention this? 

PS - Yes, LBJ was a sorry individual.