Big Girl, PamFam, Westend, Newtobie, DaDove

stevenash

America has pushed out prayer and the ten commandments in our public schools, court rooms, etc- claiming the separation of church and state but, in the next breath, declares that religious institutions and even businesses( Hobby Lobby) must buy a health care plan whose coverage must include the cost of abortions- a clear infringement of the separation that they insisted on when it is to their advantage.  Why is this?

Nobody is an expert on Obamacare.  Heck, the people who passed it didn't even know what was in it.  But, help me on your opinion that my assertion is incorrect.  Am I incorrect in suggesting that there hasn't been a substantial effort in recent years to maintain separation of church and state in our schools and court rooms?( eg:  no prayers at football games, etc etc etc)

If I am not incorrect in that respect, I must conclude that you mean I am incorrect about what is required of corporate health care plans.  I don't believe I have said anything in that respect that is untrue but will certainly admit my inaccuracy if you can show it to me.

Nobody is an expert on Obamacare.  Heck, the people who passed it didn't even know what was in it.  But, help me on your opinion that my assertion is incorrect.  Am I incorrect in suggesting that there hasn't been a substantial effort in recent years to maintain separation of church and state in our schools and court rooms?( eg:  no prayers at football games, etc etc etc)

If I am not incorrect in that respect, I must conclude that you mean I am incorrect about what is required of corporate health care plans.  I don't believe I have said anything in that respect that is untrue but will certainly admit my inaccuracy if you can show it to me.

School sponsored prayer was banned in the 1960's. There have been lawsuits about it ever since. What's new?

America has pushed out prayer and the ten commandments in our public schools, court rooms, etc- claiming the separation of church and state but, in the next breath, declares that religious institutions and even businesses( Hobby Lobby) must buy a health care plan whose coverage must include the cost of abortions- a clear infringement of the separation that they insisted on when it is to their advantage.  Why is this?

Why do republicans claim to be so religious, but have so much hate for others.

All Blacks are not on section 8 and running around with free phones. All poor people dont get handouts. All poor people are not Democrats. Republican poor get free stuff also. All bad things in government didn't start in 2008. Why don't you guys just come out and say it.............and you know exactly what Im talking about!

Newtobie- who was it that said all blacks are on section 8 and running around with free phones? What is criticized by Republicans is not the people who receive all the handouts but rather the idea behind the handouts and the costs associated with continually expanding the handouts and the number of people receiving them  We are being indoctrinated ( well, many of us are) to believe that government can solve all issues and it simply cannot.  It's far too easy these days to become a recipient of government assistance and, in many cases, those who receive it teach their children ( by example) that it is an acceptable alternative to becoming self sufficient.

Newtobie- who was it that said all blacks are on section 8 and running around with free phones? What is criticized by Republicans is not the people who receive all the handouts but rather the idea behind the handouts and the costs associated with continually expanding the handouts and the number of people receiving them We are being indoctrinated ( well, many of us are) to believe that government can solve all issues and it simply cannot. It's far too easy these days to become a recipient of government assistance and, in many cases, those who receive it teach their children ( by example) that it is an acceptable alternative to becoming self sufficient.

you definitely implied it. You guys are some hateful christians

Newtobie- who was it that said all blacks are on section 8 and running around with free phones? What is criticized by Republicans is not the people who receive all the handouts but rather the idea behind the handouts and the costs associated with continually expanding the handouts and the number of people receiving them  We are being indoctrinated ( well, many of us are) to believe that government can solve all issues and it simply cannot.  It's far too easy these days to become a recipient of government assistance and, in many cases, those who receive it teach their children ( by example) that it is an acceptable alternative to becoming self sufficient.

Your last sentence please explain how you'll know. Experience, polls, fox.

No big secret there.  If Daddy is a responsible, hard working individual desirous of providing for his family, he will do whatever he has to do  in order to take care of his family.  Chances are very good the children will inherit the values displayed by the father.  The opposite is also true.   And don't give me that garbage about implying anything.  Saying that something is implied suggests that somebody else "knows" what the speaker is thinking.  Good luck with that one.

Actually they can't. Teabaggers on this forum blatantly make up false claims in every single topic then try baiting you to defend a position you don't even hold.

It's comical

True, but with a slight correction:  "Actually they can't. "Low Information Voters" on this forum blatantly make up false claims in every single topic then try baiting you to defend a position you don't even hold.

It's comical"      ;)       

Couple of things for you, Enlightened.  Please tell us exactly who is a teabagger on this forum.  After you have done that, please give a solid example of what you consider to be a "blatantly made up false claim" made by identified teabagger. In other words, bring it, don't sing it.  Walk the walk instead of talking the talk. 

My daddy and I were discussing some of the things that are said on this forum, at first, he didnt believe me. He then said "those people know better they cant be that stupid. They just dont like the President". Lol

BigGirl -- with all due respect to you and your Dad, it is not personal with the President.  We have said that before.  It is strictly his policies.  I'm sure he's a good family man.  But -- his policies or not what made America great. 

BigGirl -- with all due respect to you and your Dad, it is not personal with the President. We have said that before. It is strictly his policies. I'm sure he's a good family man. But -- his policies or not what made America great.

what policies dont you agree with?

I am going to go out on a limb and try to speak for Smitty.  My guess is that he believes the President frequently disregards the constitution.  Another guess is that Smitty believes that raising taxes and increasing regulations in the middle of a very weak economy is counter productive.  I would further guess that he believes that having only half of all wage earners be net payers of federal income tax is bad policy.  I am very sure he believes it is wrong for the leader of a country to stand up and say, unequivocally, "If you like your doctor/healthcare plan, you can keep it, PERIOD"  That ought to tide you over until Smitty responds.

She is going to tell you that he meant something else and those of us who do not have MBAs in finance simply cant understand him.  If that's the case, the fault lies with the incompetence of the communicator who bears the responsibility to make sure everyone can grasp the "depth" of his message.   Otherwise, he is simply not a competent communicator/leader.

I get tired of hearing people accuse anyone who doesn't support Obama of being racist. Slow economic recovery, the IRS scandal, Benghazi, Obamacare, handouts, and many other issues are sufficient reasons to not support Obama. Personally, I don't think he's had a successful presidency. This does not make me a racist. The fact that I voted for him in the first election CLEARLY shows that my vote is not affected by race. I often butt heads with conservatives on here because they sometimes post questionable (at best) "news" articles, but the fact that Smitty or Nash or 77 or other similar posters don't support Obama is not race-related either. Why would someone who holds conservative views vote for Obama? It doesn't make sense. Obama could be lily-white and would still not be supported by the majority of this board. Claiming racism does, however, allow one to ignore the real reasons that he is often criticized.