To those who brag about their "laughter" the last election

stevenash

Are you also laughing at an economy that contracted by almost 3% in a single quarter?  I think its pretty funny that no other post recession economy has ever done that in the last 75 years. I believe you call it economic incompetence/ignorance.   I also have a feeling those who laughed so hard during the last Presidential election are going to find the mid terms not nearly as funny.  Big Girl, I am sure you are laughing the most at your very own remarks about how "vibrant" the U.S. economy is and how bad the Texas Economy is ( in spite of the fact that Texas was just named the second best state for business in the nation)  Texas reached prerecession employment levels by late 2011 and jobs have since expanded 6.3%.  Meanwhile, the nation is still more than 1 million jobs BELOW its peak reached in January of 2008.

I can certainly understand your laughter because in the business world, there is no bigger JOKE than the current administration.

oh but there are alot posters on this side of the forum who are a joke, some bigger than others, I see it everyday, keeps me laughing. ;)

I guess every one of us can say that somebody else on this board is a joke.  Just a matter of your perception, my perception, and that of everyone else.  From my view, as earlier stated, there is nothing funnier than someone believing that the President is doing a decent job of heading up our economic affairs.  But, then again, one shouldn't expect a law degree plus community organizational experience and studying Saul Alinsky to be an adequate background for being the CEO of a country.

is it because of dodd-frank?

It's because the economy is performing poorly and it contracted in the first quarter.  The contraction was the largest post recession contraction since World War 2.  You simply can't change that and you can't blame it on Bush.  Additionally, thinkprogress.org doesnt have a solution/excuse for you to print.  But I probably shouldnt explain because you dont like to deal in facts such as the 17 trillion dollar debt which you say does not exist.  You also will not acknowledge that the Texas economy is faring far better than the national economy.  Besides all of that,you dont want information/opinions from someone you believe has no credibility.  I applaud you on your ability to delude yoursel into believing that the behavior of the U.S. economy is above average and that the country does not have a 17 trillion debt.

Wells Fargo Investment just sent me a letter this week explaining how the economy is doing well and getting better

Better than what?  2008? 2009? 2010? 2011? 2012? 2013?  If Lebron scores 10 points in a playoff game, should he claim that when he scores 12 points in the next game that he has made a 20% improvement or would you get a more complete picture of Lebron and the relevance of that 12 point performance by using his professional career as the barometer?  Once again, the economy has improved to some degree because there has never been a recession from which we did not recover.  But if you look at the rate of the recovery, it is dismal as compared to all other recoveries.

My monthly statement from Wells Fargo said nothing of the kind. In fact, my dividend went down. Humm, I wonder if Wells Fargo is treating their clientele differently? If so, what would be the criteria for one group getting a "blue skies ahead" letter and one group getting a smaller dividend check?

My monthly statement from Wells Fargo said nothing of the kind. In fact, my dividend went down. Humm, I wonder if Wells Fargo is treating their clientele differently? If so, what would be the criteria for one group getting a "blue skies ahead" letter and one group getting a smaller dividend check?[/size]

But Englebert, you don't understand... BD got a letter. :)

Maybe I would have a better perspective on the massive debt and wasteful spending if I could just get my letter.