2014 World Cup Thread

there's been poor officiating so far.  Brazil got a PK on an obvious flop, and Croatia lost a goal on a weak foul given as well.  then mexico had two goals disallowed for offsides, and both calls were terrible.  then spain got a pretty soft PK today as well.

I've been thoroughly enjoying all the scoring.
Last cup there was something like 9 goals through the first 7 games. We're at 37 goals this year thru 11 matches. Mexico's 1-0 win over Cameroon is the only game that's had less than 3 goals, and there were 3 goals disallowed that game, two that should've been allowed and one that could've been. Hopefully all the scoring will keep the casual fan interested.

Honestly, the US looked bad today. I think when it's all said and done Bradley will go down as the best player in our history to this point, but today he was terrible. The last several games he's controlled the midfield, and Jozy has held the ball well at the front. Without, we played poorly. That being said, all that matters is that we took 3 points. Combine that with Portugal looking even worse, and possibly missing 3 starters for the next game, and we are actually in a great spot right now. If we can tie Portugal and lose by less than 4 to Germany, we should advance, and that's a lot better scenario than I imagined us having after our first round of group games.