4A State Tournament

Ennis beat Aledo early in the season 5-2, they have a left handed Sr. pitcher (Taylor Maliska) that signed with St. Edwards and plays summer ball for Glory Gold.  Ennis also has a Jr. (Julia Hollingsworth) that is committed to Tulsa batting close to .700 on the season, and Soph. Michaela Cochran (Texas Tech commit) batting .622 on the season.  All four teams in 4A are loaded with talent.  This class division may be the toughest to predict...

Hayes was a pre-season winner over Elgin 5-3.  Their Sr. pitcher is signed with Incarnate Word and plays summer ball for Austin Storm.  Rumor is that they returned everybody from last year's state championship team.

Looks like LCM lost to Aledo in a pre-season tournament 7-2.  What's your scouting report on Aledo Fracc?  I know their SS (Riley Sartain) can play, she is a 2015 A&M commit and plays summer ball for Mizuno in Dallas.  She is new to the Aledo roster from last years semi-finalist team.  Their pitcher Lauren Craine appears to be solid.

The scouting report for Aledo is this: We made it to the state tournament last year and had no seniors... So we have a good chance at winning state with the edition of Riley Sartain.

Thanks for the info.  Is Lauren Craine signed with anybody to play college ball?  These 4A semi final matchups are going to be some good games to watch!

Thanks for the info. Is Lauren Craine signed with anybody to play college ball? These 4A semi final matchups are going to be some good games to watch!

She's only a junior. I think only 3-4 starters are seniors. For Hays I think Aledo may have been there nightmare game since they did beat them last year and the Aledo team would like nothing more than to return the favor.

As for Ennis beating Aledo, Azle had too but just look at the scores last weekend.

@usedtobe33 Lauren Craine does have offers but hasn't signed anywhere.

@RaiderRed30 Believe me... Every single one of them would love to hand Hays a blowout loss.  Also, we did not have Lauren Craine pitching against Ennis.

Good luck to Lauren, no doubt she would be a great addition to a college staff.  All softball savvy fans know that preseason scores don't mean a whole lot when coaches are working in younger players and trying to figure out their lineup.  Can any of you make a favorable weather prediction for Austin this week?  Hopefully the rain clears out before Wednesday!

Aledo is a very good team. Fundamentally sound and well coached. #6 had big day against us with 2HR and centerfielder made sprinting leaping catch in the gap to rob my DD of a HR. If I remember right #6 missed a couple games after we played them and they took a couple losses. Been on a tear since.