Huffman vs College Station

#1 team in 3a

Know this might sound crazy, but they might be the #1 team in any class!! I know 4 of them have committed to D1 schools and several others have offers. OF Johnson will be a first round selection in next years draft. I know that doesn't mean they can't be beat, but there is not a better team in the state than College Station in any class IMO. Brenham and College Station played early in the season with CS winning 5-2 in a very good game.

College Station high school opened last year with just a freshman and sophomore class and the plan was to make both of the schools in CS 4a after this year. I went and watched them play Bridge City last year as freshmen and sophomores and they were already pretty dang good. They have some biiiig kids. Kind of like Yates jumping down to 3a in basketball. Not real fair.

College Station high school opened last year with just a freshman and sophomore class and the plan was to make both of the schools in CS 4a after this year. I went and watched them play Bridge City last year as freshmen and sophomores and they were already pretty dang good. They have some biiiig kids. Kind of like Yates jumping down to 3a in basketball. Not real fair.

I don't know if "fair" is the right word to use because CS has been 3A since the school opened. Yates used to be a 5A(6A) school and dominated for years at that level then numbers dropped and they are now in 3A(4A). -Side Note- Man the new classification that the UIL did sure makes it a pain to talk about classes and such, but whatever. CS will be in the new 5A next year and will still be ranked near the top and yes, they are Huge kids. I think when a school has competed at a higher classification then moves down it is an advantage to that school because they are used to competing at a higher level. Cameron Yoe was a 3A forever and only had the 1 state title in '80. They move down to 2A about 4 years back and win State in baseball the first year and 2 titles in football. Do they do the same in 3A?

Know this might sound crazy, but they might be the #1 team in any class!! I know 4 of them have committed to D1 schools and several others have offers. OF Johnson will be a first round selection in next years draft. I know that doesn't mean they can't be beat, but there is not a better team in the state than College Station in any class IMO. Brenham and College Station played early in the season with CS winning 5-2 in a very good game.

It is possible that they are the 2nd best team in region 3.